Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Refs in the LSU game

Started by skinnypig, January 16, 2016, 09:33:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

skinnypig

Nolan would have walked off...  They call fouls Arkansas on every little bump and completely ignored MA how can you not give the Man his time out?

WorfHog

Ask coach Bielema. Arkansas is the red headed step child in this conference.  Jeff Long should be blowing the SEC up on social media.

jfred59

Are named Moe, Larry, and Curly

Slater

Outplayed them on the road and got screwed, not a bad loss, Hogs getting a lot better, but the officiating sucked.
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Razorback_Mack

S-E-C!!! S-E-C!!! Do the SEC chant.

It's all about the revenue and exposure guys.

Is anyone honestly surprised? This has been going on for 20+ years.

Sow Lancelot

SSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKEEEDDDD!!!!!!!!!!
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

OLDHOG

They absolutely sucked, Big Time. Getting real tired of this sheez.

DCHawg

I thought we benefitted from a number of calls.  We got every 50/50 call on "last touched by" plays.  We got a suspect goaltending bucket, and had two that could have been called on us that weren't.  While they called some ticky tack fouls, I thought we were treated fairly, which doesn't happen that often. 

skinnypig

Quote from: DCHawg on January 16, 2016, 09:49:32 pm
I thought we benefitted from a number of calls.  We got every 50/50 call on "last touched by" plays.  We got a suspect goaltending bucket, and had two that could have been called on us that weren't.  While they called some ticky tack fouls, I thought we were treated fairly, which doesn't happen that often.
. 50/50??? That was one of the few calls they got right and needed a replay to do that

BadHog

Basketball officiating sucks all around. But these losers tonight were bottom feeders.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Danny J

Quote from: Slater on January 16, 2016, 09:42:18 pm
Outplayed them on the road and got screwed, not a bad loss, Hogs getting a lot better, but the officiating sucked.
Well said.......

I didn't expect this game to be close. We are definitely getting better.

XavierZane

Way worse than the usual home bias, all to justify the hype they give Simmons.  The refs handcuffed us the whole game and let them run rampant. 

BirmingHam

The only reason they gave us the ball at the end was that they could not hide a blatant out of bounds on LSU.  They tried to justify it any way they could and saw that any other call would have been blown up.

RussVegas Hawg

LOL

azhog10

Am I the only one who felt LSUs bigs never left the lane their entire possessions? If Simmons didn't have the ball he was camped in there. I counted 7 seconds one possession and the ref wasn't even looking.

Hogimus Prime

The refs in college basketball suck in general. It's damn blatant sometimes it's not even funny and that turns the casual fan away.  I remember a college bball ref doing a radio interview and he kept talking about freedom of movement, freedom of movement. You want freedom of movement quit blowing the damn whistle when a defender barely touches a guy.  I really believe some of the reasons college basketball is down is cause the refs. How many flipping times have you watched a game go up and down and it's exciting, fun to watch only to have the refs start calling ticky tack fouls and slow the pace down. Then the damn game turns into a free throw shooting contest.  But freedom of movement.

PORKULATOR

I think your wrong. Call advantage was heavy in their favor.
Ft advantage 31-11
Buff said
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

jfred59

Where can I buy what your smoking?

skinnypig

40mins in the game 37 fouls. College basketball is quickly becoming a freethrow shooting contest instead of letting the players decide the outcome

Iwastherein1969

I don't complain about the refs, rarely, if ever. Especially in basketball when two teams can play different types of defenses, {man to man} which lends to more fouls being called against your, or {zone} which you usually have a minimum amount of fouls....but tonight both teams played the same style, both teams took it to the basket, both teams got the ball into the post and yet one teams shoots 20 more free throws than the other in a 2 point game. Something is wrong with that picture. And I would have said the same thing had we been the beneficiary instead of the victim.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

skinnypig

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on January 16, 2016, 10:13:07 pm
The refs in college basketball suck in general. It's damn blatant sometimes it's not even funny and that turns the casual fan away.  I remember a college bball ref doing a radio interview and he kept talking about freedom of movement, freedom of movement. You want freedom of movement quit blowing the damn whistle when a defender barely touches a guy.  I really believe some of the reasons college basketball is down is cause the refs. How many flipping times have you watched a game go up and down and it's exciting, fun to watch only to have the refs start calling ticky tack fouls and slow the pace down. Then the damn game turns into a free throw shooting contest.  But freedom of movement.

Well said. I thought the whole point of playing defense was to stop the other teams freedom of movement. If i wanted to watch NBA basketball, I'd watch the Damn NBA

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

azhog10

Quote from: skinnypig on January 16, 2016, 10:34:59 pm
40mins in the game 37 fouls. College basketball is quickly becoming a freethrow shooting contest instead of letting the players decide the outcome
Thats one unfair FT shooting contest when your opponent gets 20 plus more chances.

rude1

Simply outrageous officiating, calling touch fouls on our end but allowing them to play through us to make a play. CMA should have gotten thrown out of this one. We don't press all night yet there is a 3-1 free throw disparity.....................

TheRazorback500

SEC refs and Arkansas. The pattern continues.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

old_school_hawg

Guys...we played like shite! Discipline wins this game...propper decision making wins this game....not gonna analyze this completely,.but we had the last shot, but who inbound in the corner when you know they are going to be trapping for a turnover??? That's called the coffin corner fit a reason....get the ball there and you're dead!!! 7the grades are taught this, and that's what we draw up? I could go on,.but I'm not going to cover our lack of blocking out and poor shot selection. I'm sick of whining about officiating......we list that game.....officiating can be overcome with discipline and execution. Now,.smite away. I don't care,.I've said my peace. 
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

clew

Quote from: old_school_hawg on January 17, 2016, 01:11:04 am
Guys...we played like shite! Discipline wins this game...propper decision making wins this game....not gonna analyze this completely,.but we had the last shot, but who inbound in the corner when you know they are going to be trapping for a turnover??? That's called the coffin corner fit a reason....get the ball there and you're dead!!! 7the grades are taught this, and that's what we draw up? I could go on,.but I'm not going to cover our lack of blocking out and poor shot selection. I'm sick of whining about officiating......we list that game.....officiating can be overcome with discipline and execution. Now,.smite away. I don't care,.I've said my peace.
no need to double post. This thread will probably get merged with the other one.
Pure as the dawn

PonderinHog

I've finally figured out who you are.  You're James Carville, LSU alum, right ???   ;)

jdunhog

Watched the replay last night! They should be fired! That was awful!

lumphog

bcdeputy

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 16, 2016, 09:45:04 pm
S-E-C!!! S-E-C!!! Do the SEC chant.

It's all about the revenue and exposure guys.

Is anyone honestly surprised? This has been going on for 20+ years.

SEC refs have always and always will call BS high school calls.  It's not going to change in any sport.  We have the best conference with the worst officials in all of the NCAA. 

farmhawg

You were obviously watching a different game.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Captain Morgan

The excuses for the refs is an argument that's getting old. Talk about the turnovers, lack of execution in half court offense, getting boxed out over and over, bad management of timeouts. But it's a 100% on the refs. But that's what Jump Ball is, it's always the players, refs and the fans fault.  ;)

bigred223

Refs weren't great, but we had too many dumb turnovers near the end of the game.

1hawgballer2

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on January 16, 2016, 11:50:04 pm
SEC refs and Arkansas. The pattern continues.

I have a good friend that is officiating SEC games now previously Big Twelve Games andTexas High Game the crew officials crew last night also officiated the Ark/Vandy game. I tried to get the lead official name, however unsuccessful he stated there are to many crews to know for certain, and I did'nt press. Although he did share ref will not override another official call unless based upon the fans response he ask for assistance, basically each official is responsible for their area and other official won't change the call unless deferred. In Ark case that happens when they go on the road

Temprees

Blind.

Hoggish1

Quote from: skinnypig on January 16, 2016, 09:55:25 pm
. 50/50??? That was one of the few calls they got right and needed a replay to do that

Correct!  I thought the refs were still going to blow it even seeing it on the screen in living color!

riccoar

Quote from: farmhawg on January 17, 2016, 09:30:39 am
You were obviously watching a different game.
He believes in Hillary, so facts are not a strong suit.

We were called for 24 personal fouls
LSU got called for 13

We shot 11 free throws
LSU shot 31

Every other category was pretty close to each other.  How you say the referees were not decidedly one way is beyond me.  Hopefully when they come to Bud we get the home cooking too.

Champs04

Why every time we lose a game i'ts the refs fault? Quit fouling!

The real Hogules

The refs always have and probably always will favor the home team. Losing to LSU sucked, but bring on Kentucky at BWA!!!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: Champs04 on January 20, 2016, 09:02:39 am
I don't think anyone blamed any refs for the A&M loss.  And I don't think anyone is complaining tremendously about what was called on us.  The complaint was that when it went the other way, they could mug us inside and no fouls called on LSU.  I think everyone just wants an even game.  If they were in a zone and not reaching the whole game, that discrepancy would be fine, but they bodied up a lot and rarely got called for it.

mbgrulz

When you factor in the 20 FT deficit as well as some of the poor calls on individual plays, you can easily come to the conclusion that we got hosed.

What if Hannah's doesn't have to sit out the whole first half with 2 fouls? It might not have been a close game at all in the end.

Biggus Piggus

Nothing wrong with Arkansas's number of fouls. The problem was that the opponent was free to play defense brutally with few fouls called.
[CENSORED]!

Sow Lancelot

Wait, you mean like that time Jabril swatted air next to one of their guys on a breakaway and was called for a foul when he came nowhere near the arm of the LSU guard?

I doubt very many would argue that the refs cost us the game, however, they were atrocious, as seems to be most college officiating today.

Seems like there are as many on this board that would deny officiating has anything to do with the outcome of a game as there are those that blame every loss on the refs.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

azhog10

Let's also not forget how little we pressed against LSU. People keep saying Arkansas always pressures and slaps and thats why we get in foul trouble. Yet we may have pressed the least amount we ever have this year and maybe in years past when we played LSU but were still called for an excess amount. Point, LSU was just as aggressive and phsycial on defense and we probably played things a little more timid defensively than we have in the past.

razorJAcker

This.  There were a few plays where it clearly looked out on us and they gave the ball to us.  That never happens on the road.  You mentioned the bogus goaltending we got as well.  We have to stop fouling for no reason way away from the basket.  That's why LSU got into the bonus so early and shot so many free throws.  Officials were not the reason we lost that game.  We lost that game because we made poor decision after poor decision offensively down the stretch and turned the ball over too much.  Plain and simple.

I didn't see one dribble of this game but it is clear we got screwed on the fouls.  Two teams playing similar ball should receive approximately similar fouls.  Has anyone ever seen the visitors get twice as many in their favor as the home team.  The refs have for many years made sure if you won on the road, you were either far and away the superior team or you were the SEC fav needing to move up in the top 10 standings.

This conference's BB refs are the worst in D1.  We do play sorry BB much of the time and our coaching sometimes sucks but when you are getting crapped on by the refs, it changes your game and it changes the home team's game.  Knowing you can get rough and not be called versus knowing you will be called on just about any touch can mean a 20 point turnaround in a game.  Sadly, these calls are not due to ignorance, they are intentional and approved by the league, otherwise, the league would do something about it.  These refs know better.

HogBreath

Sounds like you need to get a lot of fiber in to your diet.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

TheRazorback500

Actually, the differing offensive styles of the two teams could account for some of the foul discrepancy. LSU was driving the lane a lot and as we were running along trying to defend them the refs were calling a lot of ticky-tack fouls, while most of the time we were passing so well and had such good spacing that the Tigers couldn't foul us. The refs did seem to be protecting Simmons from what I could see. I bet Anthlon's forearm is still sore.

Do you wanna get Rocked?