Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"We will have almost every game sold out" - Jaylen Barford

Started by edemire, January 16, 2016, 08:59:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

edemire

I had good talks with the Hogs' top-ranked JUCO signees Jaylen Barford, Daryl Macon and Arlando Cook. Got their take on the season so far, their plans for next year, and this gem:

QuoteCook said Hogs head coach Mike Anderson has compared him to DeMarre Carroll, Anderson's nephew and a starter on his Elite Eight Missouri team, because he does things well "that a lot of people don't notice like rebounding, running the floor and playing defense."

So, Cook has studied Carroll's game?

"Most def," the St. Louis native said. "He just signed a contract for $60 million. Without a doubt I watch DeMarre Carroll."

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/jan/15/hawgball-brink-new-golden-era/
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
-Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

TheRazorback500

"better ball movement and overall chemistry" has made a big difference. Keep it up tonight, and we have a chance to hang with BS and LSU.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

TNhawgfan

nothing wrong with optimism, but the bud won't be regularly selling out again as early as next season
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

King Kong

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 16, 2016, 10:35:59 am
nothing wrong with optimism, but the bud won't be regularly selling out again as early as next season

Not next year. But if that a good season with several key pieces returning and Gafford makes an immediate impact maybe the year after next

PORKULATOR

A no loss December, and the Bud is packed again, every game.... until a down year.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HotlantaHog

If the Hogs get back to a no-loss nonconference season and a Top 20 ranking, the games in January and February will be sellouts for a good deal of the season... People are just waiting for a reason to show up every night ... but when Hogs do well, there will be lots of interest.

swinesation

Quote from: King Kong on January 16, 2016, 11:12:01 am
Not next year. But if that a good season with several key pieces returning and Gafford makes an immediate impact maybe the year after next

I disagree. I think next year has to be our big year, that's assuming Moses doesn't leave early. Barford, Cook, and Macon look to be upgrades over the departing Miles, Bell, and Durham. Another year of maturity for Beard, Whitt, and Thompson. Next year needs to be our year. But if Moses leaves early, expectations will be lower.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: swinesation on January 17, 2016, 03:59:52 pm
I disagree. I think next year has to be our big year, that's assuming Moses doesn't leave early. Barford, Cook, and Macon look to be upgrades over the departing Miles, Bell, and Durham. Another year of maturity for Beard, Whitt, and Thompson. Next year needs to be our year. But if Moses leaves early, expectations will be lower.

Where is Moses going if he leaves early? He is not NBA ready. Moses is still struggling making buckets in the paint. Most of his offensive is set up by Durham and offensive putbacks.

I agree that the roster is going to be a upgrade at several key spots on the court.