Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would like a spot on the Bandwagon if that's kewl.

Started by Country Stylz, January 15, 2016, 09:30:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Country Stylz

Was stuck at the hospital. Had to listen on the radio for the first time in years. I love Scotty Thurman on there. He just seems to keep me relaxed and is very refreshing. Now, about the team. I quit watching after all of the early losses. Then I hear about wins over MSU and Vandy. Then I noticed we've put up 90+ in a few games. Against Mizzu, I had visions of Scotty Thurman's freshman year when they went into Columbia without Corliss and were just raining threes. As I listened more I hear Antlon Bell and this Hannas kid making defenders close out quickly on them and then driving passed them and hitting floaters? What! Then Moses Kingsley is giving us a real threat down low? Then Thompson is coming in dunking on folks? What in the Wild Wild World of Sports is going on here? But wait! There's more! Forcing turnovers and fast breaks again? Huh? We've got Jabril Durham playing like a leader, playing defense, driving and dropping dimes? Is he leading the SEC in assists? He had twelve a couple games back. And if that's not enough we have the solid Manuel Watkins chipping in. And last but not least we got this Skinny kid attacking the defense from all angles? They call him Jimmy, "Jimmy Buckets". You can say Mizzu is down but that's never been an easy place for us to play. Left out Beard as well. He's only gonna get better. Fealt like '93 to me all over again. We have started to gell. So we're 9-7. And we need to go on a hell of a tear. Scooch over and let me on this bandwagon. Next stop, The Deaf Dome, Baton Rouge Louisiana. We're coming, and Forty Minutes of Hell is coming with us. Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna look for the game on youtube. It's been 20 years since I wanted to watch recorded hawg ball games. But I do now.

Dr. Starcs

Lord of the Styes

It's nice to feed that hope we carry around with us. I'm still a little hungry though.

Danny J

We certainly have a decent foundation for next year if nothing else. I am just kicking back and letting this season play out as I don't have high expectations. So for me it is the most relaxing season I have watched in years. I am simply enjoying it and hope we can keep it up

AloRaptor

Why waste your time. you'll  just jump back off when they lose. ;)

ifghog

I am actually pleasantly surprised at this point. Had low expectations and if we can just finish in the top half of the conference then we gotta give it to Mike. This season had the potential to be a disaster. 

Country Stylz

Quote from: AloRaptor on January 16, 2016, 08:06:18 am
Why waste your time. you'll  just jump back off when they lose. ;)
I've been watching them lose for twenty years it seems. I'll still keep an eye on them. I think they're really improving though.

Country Stylz

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 15, 2016, 10:19:51 pm
Would like a few paragraphs if that's kewl.
It does make it hard to read. I'll do it better next time.

intelligence

Quote from: Country Stylz on January 16, 2016, 12:53:01 pm
It does make it hard to read. I'll do it better next time.

We're 13 points from being 13-3. put that in your pipe and smoke it

The_Iceman

Quote from: intelligence on January 16, 2016, 01:16:32 pm

But we are 9-7, which is what really matters in the end.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Country Stylz

Quote from: intelligence on January 16, 2016, 01:16:32 pm
Yeah those early losses made us tougher. I'm hoping that we keep improving and end up with 18 or 19 wins. With some quality wins. Like tonight and against Kentucky.

intelligence

Pigasaurus

Quote from: Lord of the Styes on January 15, 2016, 11:00:07 pm
It's nice to feed that hope we carry around with us. I'm still a little hungry though.

I love watching this team, win or lose. 
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy