Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU vs Arkansas

Started by MountieDawg, January 15, 2016, 08:29:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MountieDawg

Not an idea match for the Hogs....  LSU has the size down low to make Kingsley's job tough down low.  Quarterman at the guard spot has lots a length to shoot 3's over and not sure who can guard Simmons for the Hogs or anyone else in the country.  What do you think?
SEC!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I think 99.9 percent of Arkansas basketball fans had this down as a loss when Ben Simmons signed with LSU.

We very rarely win down there. I cannot remember the last time we won at LSU.

It is going to be very tough in BR but if we shoot the ball like we did in Columbia, we can win that game.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on January 15, 2016, 08:46:09 am
I cannot remember the last time we won at LSU.

January 26, 2008. Won by 16. Pelphrey's first season.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 15, 2016, 09:07:06 am
January 26, 2008. Won by 16. Pelphrey's first season.

Nice. I keep forgetting we were pretty good Pelphrey's first season with Heath's players.

wavybone

Do you think Keaton will take the Simmons match-up?

MountieDawg

Quote from: wavybone on January 15, 2016, 09:27:47 am
Do you think Keaton will take the Simmons match-up?

I am sure MA will try a lot of guys, not sure anyone can really guard the guy... He can post up on guards and too quick for other big guys.  All you can hope to do is limit everyone else and get quick fouls on Simmons.
SEC!

donbro

Yes LSU has Ben Simmons but I think our guard play can control the game  we win on Saturday. Mike Anderson took his lump early in the season but this team is coming along  quite nicely  we will have a serious tournament run down the stretch

BRHogfan

So, the game plan Kentucky went in with was double and triple teaming Simmons in order to make the rest of the team beat them.

Obviously, that didn't work, because Simmons still got his, and Victor and Quarterman each made the Wildcats pay. 

If you look at Florida, Simmons had 28 points, but he was 7-15 with 4 assists.  I think if you take away everything else, and make Simmons try to do it all himself, that's how you're going to get a win against this LSU team.

HawgTrough

Kingsley can frustrate Simmons. Simmons has found himself on the bench several times this year due to fouls.
WPS

jackflash

If bell and dusty shoot well Arkansas has a chance I think

PorkRinds

Feed Moses down low and get Simmons in foul trouble.

simon the squealot

Their up and down style will help us play at the speed we like to play. We must hit shots obviously. With Simmons we have to hope Kingsley doesn't get in foul trouble and we'll have to neutralize him defensively which we can do because Mo can stretch the court with his jumper. Win or lose, these kids are fun to watch and deserve to play in front of a sellout crowd the remainder of the home schedule.

Danny J

I don't think we will do anything specific as far as game planning for them or Simmons especially.  I think we go in there and do what we normally do. Try to dictate tempo and tire them and force mistakes. Still...I don't see us winning.

azhog10

Quote from: Danny J on January 15, 2016, 11:42:07 am
I don't think we will do anything specific as far as game planning for them or Simmons especially.  I think we go in there and do what we normally do. Try to dictate tempo and tire them and force mistakes. Still...I don't see us winning.
I agree. We have to try to force Simmons to guard defensively and try to limit the open looks. We are going to give up open threes, just the way our defense has been for a while and the lack of rotation defensively. But if we can keep them even on the boards and force them to go faster than they want we may end up with a few more shots than them and hoepfully we shoot it well.

cableguy

January 15, 2016, 12:37:32 pm #15 Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 03:15:03 pm by cableguy
I would put us at a 7 point underdog and I wouldn't be shock if we lost by 15. LSU have 3 guards that can shoot the open 3 and they probably will use Simmons to break our full court press.  For us to win LSU will have to play bad. If we can contest every shot on defense and rebound well, we will have a good chance of pulling the upset.  I believe Jimmy Whitt and Anton Beard will have to play well for us to win. Our bench will be the key to win because LSU starting 5 is better than our starting 5. 

elksnort

LSU has lost some games, so they aren't invulnerable.

If we don't shoot well, we will lose by a lot. If we shoot well, we might just win.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: cableguy on January 15, 2016, 12:37:32 pm
I would put us at a 7 point underdog and I wouldn't be shock if we lost by 15. LSU have 3 guards that can shoot the open 3 and they probably will use Simmons to break our full court press.  For us to win LSU will have to play bad. If we can contest every shot on defense and rebound well, we will have a good chance of pulling the upset.  I believe Jimmy Whitt and Anton Beard will have to play well for us to win. Our bench will be the key to win because LSU starting 5 is better than our starting 5.
Disagree, our starting 5 can play with anybody, but the bench is woefully short on talent and experience!

MountieDawg

Quote from: HawgTrough on January 15, 2016, 11:32:00 am
Kingsley can frustrate Simmons. Simmons has found himself on the bench several times this year due to fouls.

Victor will guard Kingsley not Simmons...
SEC!

pigture perfect

Am I the only one who thinks that LSU is a Single player team. I think we can win.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Pigasaurus

Quote from: jackflash on January 15, 2016, 11:33:12 am
If bell and dusty shoot well Arkansas has a chance I think

This is how we win.  If their shot is off, not going to happen.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

panhandlepig

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 15, 2016, 06:15:05 pm
Am I the only one who thinks that LSU is a Single player team. I think we can win.

I don't think LSU is a single player team. But I do think we can win.

Dropkick

Lines I look at have LSU -7.5

Cinco de Hogo

Trey Thompson, let him foul out.

HognitiveDissonance

I think we will split the next two games. I would take that.

Letsroll1200

LSU has talent at all positions on the court. This will be a tough game because LSU can go inside and outside. Will have to make shots to stay in the game tonight.

WorfHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 16, 2016, 03:54:24 pm
LSU has talent at all positions on the court. This will be a tough game because LSU can go inside and outside. Will have to make shots to stay in the game tonight.

If we shoot >50% I like our chances.

maxhog5

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 15, 2016, 11:09:24 pm
I think we will split the next two games. I would take that.

Not me.  I want them both. 

jboler96

Been looking forward to this game all week. Hopefully we put up a fight against them

WorfHog

Quote from: jboler96 on January 16, 2016, 06:56:24 pm
Been looking forward to this game all week. Hopefully we put up a fight against them

Had to play 8 vs 5 so...

jboler96

Yeah that's true. Despite that we still had a chance. Looking good going forward

DeltaBoy

Tough Loss!   I hate when the Zebras affect the game.  :puke:
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.