Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moses getting some props from CBSsports.com

Started by k.c.hawg, January 13, 2016, 12:32:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

k.c.hawg

Sam Vecenie CBSsports.com has his top 100 list out and has some nice things to say about Moses.

64. Moses Kingsley | C | Arkansas (PR: NR): Among the most improved players in the country, Kingsley went from being something of an afterthought behind Bobby Portis to stepping into the starting lineup and doing his best Portis impression. He's upped his scoring average by 13.2 points to 16.8, his rebounding average by 7.3 to 9.8, and his blocks average by 1.5 up to 2.6. Basically, he's in the top-10 in the SEC in scoring, the top-three in rebounding, and leading the conference in blocks now after only playing a total of 757 minutes in two seasons. It's a totally remarkable growth curve, and unlike any other that we've seen in college hoops this year.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25447385/ranking-top-100-and-1-college-hoops-players-for-first-2-months
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

azhog10

Great accolades but if he's 64, I think he comes back. Needs to get in the top 40ish range IMO to leave. Right now he would be on the cusp of being drafted if at all. This isn't accounting for any over seas talent that I currently have no idea about.

Hawg Red

Going to get very interesting what happens the rest of the way. I have absolutely no feel for Moses personally other than that he seems like a good kid. Seems to be more mature than most kids his age (probably due to unique experiences growing up). I don't think he's been programmed as many American kids have to grab the money as soon as it's there.

Hawg Red

Quote from: azhog10 on January 13, 2016, 12:37:35 pm
Great accolades but if he's 64, I think he comes back. Needs to get in the top 40ish range IMO to leave. Right now he would be on the cusp of being drafted if at all. This isn't accounting for any over seas talent that I currently have no idea about.

Well, he did just jump from not rated to #64 out of 100...

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 13, 2016, 12:39:22 pm
I agree. That's why I said he needs to get into the 40's. I would still think, and even Bobby would agree. That if he isn't a for sure first rounder he's better suited to come back. Assuming a number of bigs are ahead of him. I see Moses as being one of the top post players next year, and a for sure first rounder.

wavybone

I think he'll come back. He's made a huge leap but unless he's going in the first round, I doubt he'll leave. Qualls was a top 40 prospect before he had his injury. Moses isn't quite at that level and he's also a guy that could really see his stock soar if he stays another year in college.

k.c.hawg

With the way he runs the floor if he sticks around and develops some perimeter game and shows some ability to put the ball on the floor and turn the corner he would certainly be a guy that a 4th year could be monumental for. 
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Hawg Red

Quote from: azhog10 on January 13, 2016, 12:40:01 pm
I agree. That's why I said he needs to get into the 40's. I would still think, and even Bobby would agree. That if he isn't a for sure first rounder he's better suited to come back. Assuming a number of bigs are ahead of him. I see Moses as being one of the top post players next year, and a for sure first rounder.

Point I'm trying to make is that he's already made on big jump. Reasonable that he could make another into the 40s, no? I don't disagree that he needs to be rated higher to really think about leaving.

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 13, 2016, 12:46:17 pm
Point I'm trying to make is that he's already made on big jump. Reasonable that he could make another into the 40s, no? I don't disagree that he needs to be rated higher to really think about leaving.
Oh it's definitely possible. I wasn't trying to say he couldn't or won't. Right now, nothing i impossible with his improved play.

hawgmasta

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 13, 2016, 12:46:17 pm

While I agree I always worry about somebody getting in his ear and convincing him he can learn more in the NBA or D-League while trying to work towards another contract. If he continues this stat wise and bobby went in the first round. . .

A (slight) knock some nba experts had ok BP was his lack of explosion/athleticism. He's not devoid of it just not elite; Moses is putting up great stats AND is pretty athletic. I hope he stays for selfish reasons but who knows anymore.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 13, 2016, 12:39:22 pm

Ding, ding, ding!

Lots of our crazies can't see the forest for the trees...

It would be practically impossible not to notice the kind of improvement MK has made...