Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Only reason we won was because we put the ball in the basket at a very high rate

Started by Hollywood_HOGan45, January 12, 2016, 10:07:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dhornjr1

Somebody else may have already posted this, but I did a little research, and by my calculation that 33 point victory at Missouri is the largest margin of victory ever for the Razorbacks in an SEC road contest. 

hawgmasta

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on January 14, 2016, 12:19:55 am
Somebody else may have already posted this, but I did a little research, and by my calculation that 33 point victory at Missouri is the largest margin of victory ever for the Razorbacks in an SEC road contest. 

Yep I believe it was.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: GuvHog on January 13, 2016, 03:31:21 pm
It's a 2 fold thing:

I'm ecstatic about the 3-1 conference record.

I'm not happy at all with the poor Non conference record.

This was a difficult schedule for a team in major transition. But the team learned a lot and appears to have focused on the key elements of winning during crunch time.

The only real shame of a game was Mercer, which Arkansas really should have won. I bet if you took this team as it is now and started the schedule over again, the Hogs would win almost all of those games.

MA seems to have a mental thing about aTm. His Missouri teams lost to the Aggies in 2008-11. The games at College Station the past few seasons reminded me of some games Nolan coached. Sometimes, Nolan would go into a road game + his team wouldn't show up. It was as though Nolan had decided up front that the game wasn't winnable, so he wouldn't waste the effort. Arkansas (Tulsa before that) wouldn't match the intensity of the opponent, fall behind early and slog to the end.

Anyway, it's pretty clear that the road openers at College Station weren't a good read on the Hogs.
[CENSORED]!