Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will you get behind this team?

Started by Letsroll1200, January 12, 2016, 09:40:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Letsroll1200

This team continues to get better every time they step on the floor. People focus on what this team don't have instead of focusing on what they do have.

This team is coachable and are unselfish on both ends of the court. I think we have the right Anderson on the sidelines coaching this squad. Get behind this team because they are playing winning basketball.

Knot2brite

Beating Vandy, Misstake, and Mizzou isn't exactly season changing but it is a start. If they beat LSU @ LSU and hold serve at home they will be well on their way to postseason.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Dr. Starcs

They are playing great.

I know they won't shoot like this all the time, but I love the confidence.

Let her fly boys.

Smalltownhog95

This is still a salvageable season. The SEC has a few real good teams and then a cluster of average teams that could break out. A win against LSU would be good at keeping the momentum going out way and lead to a breakout. DVH got our baseball team hot after a lackluster start, so did CBB for football. Why can't MA? 
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 12, 2016, 09:40:43 pm
This team continues to get better every time they step on the floor. People focus on what this team don't have instead of focusing on what they do have.

This team is coachable and are unselfish on both ends of the court. I think we have the right Anderson on the sidelines coaching this squad. Get behind this team because they are playing winning basketball.

I wouldn't want the other one for sure.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

intelligence

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 12, 2016, 09:46:46 pm
Beating Vandy, Misstake, and Mizzou isn't exactly season changing but it is a start. If they beat LSU @ LSU and hold serve at home they will be well on their way to postseason.

We aren't going to any postseason this year. i'll be happy to be proven wrong on that point.

azhog10

Can we have a road win without these threads?

Knot2brite

Quote from: intelligence on January 12, 2016, 10:07:59 pm
We aren't going to any postseason this year. i'll be happy to be proven wrong on that point.
More than likely we are not...but if we were to win all of our home games and three away games...I could see a NIT berth...but there is a lot of if there
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

WBOBO

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: intelligence on January 12, 2016, 10:07:59 pm
This team is beginning to find an identity and gel. I think you might be happy come postseason. I don't think we'll win at LSU - Simmons is a beast, but I do think we'll upset Kentucky next week.

intelligence

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on January 12, 2016, 10:19:44 pm
This team is beginning to find an identity and gel. I think you might be happy come postseason. I don't think we'll win at LSU - Simmons is a beast, but I do think we'll upset Kentucky next week.

I hope you're right but i'm not getting my hopes up. therefore, anything this team does is a positive to me, but i won't lie about how i perceive it. i don't think were a very good basketball team, but we do play hard and i have noticed some improvement throughout the season. definitely proud of the efforts of the players and coaches.

pigture perfect

This is the kind of team that I don't think I'll watch live. I'll check the scores and watch the replay. When this team is off, they are way off. When they play like they did tonight, they are fun.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Slater

This is a tough crowd, same people that hated Nolan still firing away
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Letsroll1200

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 12, 2016, 10:51:05 pm
This is the kind of team that I don't think I'll watch live. I'll check the scores and watch the replay. When this team is off, they are way off. When they play like they did tonight, they are fun.

3-1!!!!!

intelligence

seriously, why would you even post this

intelligence

Quote from: Slater on January 12, 2016, 10:54:38 pm
This is a tough crowd, same people that hated Nolan still firing away

hey pro tip, if you wanna call people out you might actually hit the quote button next time. just trying to help

Letsroll1200

Same guy that wanted to keep Pelphrey!!! That explains it!!! Goodbye

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 12, 2016, 09:40:43 pm

Kim Anderson was a horrible hire for Mizzou. I know it's only Year 2, but he looks out of his league. Having said that, I hope he stays a while, that should mean more wins for us.

There should be a rule: never hire a coach named Kim or Dana.

Slater

Quote from: intelligence on January 12, 2016, 11:05:11 pm
hey pro tip, if you wanna call people out you might actually hit the quote button next time. just trying to help

Is this a keyboarding class? Anyway, lots of hate on here for a team that is 3-1 in the league
Maybe you guys can run Mike off and bring in a guy you are more comfy with, Doc Sadler or Sean Sutton would be big hits
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

hobhog

Quit talking and go to the games. Until then, your voice earns nothing....

intelligence

Quote from: Slater on January 12, 2016, 11:16:11 pm
Is this a keyboarding class? Anyway, lots of hate on here for a team that is 3-1 in the league
Maybe you guys can run Mike off and bring in a guy you are more comfy with, Doc Sadler or Sean Sutton would be big hits
No, its a reading comprehension test, and you my friend have failed.

hobhog

Enjoy your tape delayed Hog life....

Slater

Quote from: intelligence on January 12, 2016, 11:18:52 pm
No, its a reading comprehension test, and you my friend have failed.

Yikes, I won't sleep now with those cutting barbs :'(
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Slater

Quote from: hobhog on January 12, 2016, 11:16:53 pm
Quit talking and go to the games. Until then, your voice earns nothing....

Ummmm, I was at the ole ballgame tonight, live dangerously close by
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

The Hogfather

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 12, 2016, 11:09:47 pm
Kim Anderson was a horrible hire for Mizzou. I know it's only Year 2, but he looks out of his league. Having said that, I hope he stays a while, that should mean more wins for us.

There should be a rule: never hire a coach named Kim or Dana.

Worst hire ever!

intelligence

Quote from: Slater on January 12, 2016, 11:29:53 pm
Yikes, I won't sleep now with those cutting barbs :'(
you kind of started it. no offense, but some of us enjoyed the glory days of Arkansas BB and want to see it come back. that's why we post here so much, we're passionate about it. Don't come in here with your passive aggressive insults and think you are gonna rent any space in my mind with your childish logic. We can call a spade a spade and still love and support Coach Anderson and the Razorbacks. If we weren't behind this team we wouldn't be here posting.

Slater

Quote from: intelligence on January 12, 2016, 11:40:22 pm
you kind of started it. no offense, but some of us enjoyed the glory days of Arkansas BB and want to see it come back. that's why we post here so much, we're passionate about it. Don't come in here with your passive aggressive insults and think you are gonna rent any space in my mind with your childish logic. We can call a spade a spade and still love and support Coach Anderson and the Razorbacks. If we weren't behind this team we wouldn't be here posting.

I was there for the glory days, also sat through the Heath crap fest. There are some posts on here that are hardly supportive of this coach and team. This team (despite the observations of some) is improving a lot and is very fun to watch. The enthusiasm and buy in factor is apparent when you see this team in person and compare them to a lot of other teams. CMA has a family atmosphere and this team has already surprised the critics. A win at LSU would not shock me.

FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

pigture perfect

Quote from: intelligence on January 12, 2016, 11:04:35 pm

seriously, why would you even post this
Quote from: hobhog on January 12, 2016, 11:25:21 pm
Enjoy your tape delayed Hog life....
I posted it because I hate losing more than most, I guess. And I do enjoy skipping commercials.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Kevin

Every win is a good win.

Don't see the need to start a thread after everyone, just to get a fight started.

But this is hogville; where you cannot enjoy a 3 game winning steak
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

rude1

Keep winning and the support takes care of itself, there would be no need to rally the troops..................

HoopS

Behind them. Never wasn't. I'm a Hog fan, period. And this team is a fun team to watch.

The_Iceman

Put a decent 4 on this team and keep Babb,  and I believe this could have been a tournament team. So sad.

lefty08

You think we need another guard?  Whose minutes would Babb take away at this point?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

The_Iceman

Quote from: lefty08 on January 13, 2016, 06:42:45 am
You think we need another guard?  Whose minutes would Babb take away at this point?

We needed him while we were losing 6 non conference games, pretty much ending any hope of postseason play. I also think he could take minutes away from Watkins or Whitt is he is hot and they are not.

Note I also said we need a decent 4. Miles is a backup at best and Trey is a backup Center, not a 4.

HoopS

If Kapita's transcript was accepted and Williams could have stayed out of trouble we would have two of them. The past is the past.

spahoopsfan

Quote from: lefty08 on January 13, 2016, 06:42:45 am

I agree our guards are playing great. This team is so much fun to watch; now that Hannahs is starting along side Bell the team has really played well. Not only did Bell, Hannahs, Durham and Kingsley play well as they have all year but Whitt and Beard also played very well.  The only thing this team really lacks is a power forward, Williams would have made a difference this year, but the players we have are the player will have and we need to enjoy games like last night and quit complaining.  All these players play as hard or harder than any team I have seen at Arkansas in years. We should appreciate their play.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 13, 2016, 06:36:52 am
Put a decent 4 on this team and keep Babb,  and I believe this could have been a tournament team. So sad.

Durham and Trey stuck with it and are having amazing and solid seasons respectively.  Maybe the 18 year old made the mistake in the Babb situation?

HotlantaHog

I agree the season is salvageable. Who knows what kind of record they will end up with but it sure looks like a winning record in the SEC, given the way they have played so far.

I wouldn't rule out postseason. Like with football, early losses have put the Hogs in a deep hole. But basketball is a longer season and the games become more meaningful as the season goes on.

Thinking about getting SEC Tournament tickets in Nashville. Who thinks it isn't plausible that the Hogs could win the SEC Tourney given how they are playing and how the rest of the SEC is playing? Not saying it is going to happen, but that it is at least a legitimate long shot ...

hogsanity

I think everyone is behind the team, no one is pulling for them to lose. Three game win streak, the last two with excellent shooting, has been fun to see. We want to see the go on a run and at least get to the NIT, extra games, extra practice, all good for the team/program.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jry04

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 12, 2016, 10:12:23 pm
More than likely we are not...but if we were to win all of our home games and three away games...I could see a NIT berth...but there is a lot of if there
We would likely be a lock for the NIT. What you just said happening would put us at 12-6 in the SEC, plus a win over top 40 RPI Texas Tech. We would be 19-12, with a top 60 RPI and a SOS around 40.

Our Current RPI is 95, and our current SOS is 32. Going 19-12 would put us as one of those teams on the bubble, with a chance to play our way into the NCAAT during the conference tournament. Possible, but not likely.

I think we need to win 18 to make the NIT. That would put our RPI in the 70 range, and may be enough to get us in. 19 would make us a lock, in my opinion. Right now we are projected to finish 17-14 with a RPI of 88, and SOS of 42 according to RPI Forecast.

Hawg Red

PonderinHog

Go Hogs!  It's too late to change for me.

SONofHAM

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 13, 2016, 06:36:52 am
This is what is so frustrating.  Mike knew Kapita was a grades risk.  He should've had a backup plan knowing Portis was at least 50/50 on leaving/staying.

That said, I am happy to see us having some early success in SEC play.  I'm hopeful the team has turned the corner and not that we are playing below average competition.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

jry04

Quote from: SONofHAM on January 13, 2016, 08:18:38 am
This is what is so frustrating.  Mike knew Kapita was a grades risk.  He should've had a backup plan knowing Portis was at least 50/50 on leaving/staying.
CAN WE EVER ENJOY A WIN?

Every single thread gets turned into crying about recruiting, usually started by The Iceman of course.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: SONofHAM on January 13, 2016, 08:18:38 am

That said, I am happy to see us having some early success in SEC play.  I'm hopeful the team has turned the corner and not that we are playing below average competition.

We can all see now that Moses is Bobby's heir, even though their games are a little different.

Also easy to forget that the 4 we needed got himself kicked off the team.

hogsanity

Quote from: jry04 on January 13, 2016, 08:21:33 am
CAN WE EVER ENJOY A WIN?

Every single thread gets turned into crying about recruiting, usually started by The Iceman of course.

Well, look how the OP was phrased, it was phrased in an antagonistic way " Will you get behind this tea, " like people were hoping they would lose. That has not been the case, AT ALL. People questioning the coach is not nearly the same as hoping the team would lose.

So to ask " CAN WE EVER ENJOY A WIN?" should be asked of the OP. Why couldn't they start a thread titled " 3 game win streak shows improvement" or something like that?

Vandy was a good win because they had lost a few close ones and really needed it. MSU was a good win because it was the next game, and was a game you have to have at home. Mizzu was a good win because it was on the road and they dismantled the tigers. I don't care how good you are and how poor the opponent, when you go on the road and win by 30+, that's noteworthy.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 13, 2016, 08:29:05 am
Well, look how the OP was phrased, it was phrased in an antagonistic way " Will you get behind this tea, " like people were hoping they would lose. That has not been the case, AT ALL. People questioning the coach is not nearly the same as hoping the team would lose.

So to ask " CAN WE EVER ENJOY A WIN?" should be asked of the OP. Why couldn't they start a thread titled " 3 game win streak shows improvement" or something like that?

Vandy was a good win because they had lost a few close ones and really needed it. MSU was a wgood win because it was the next game, and was a game you have to have at home. Mizzu was a good win because it was on the road and they dismantled the tigers. I don't care how good you are and how poor the opponent, when you go on the road and win by 30+, that's noteworthy.

fair enough, for now....Mike will serve you crow before it's over....  :D... 20+

Iamjacksleftnutt

Quote from: Slater on January 12, 2016, 11:16:11 pm

Those two guys would be awful hires. Mike could run them both off the court with a group of jr high kids. But you are right there are way too many Sutton leftovers stalking this board. He was a good coach. But he didn't win a championship here. Even in the weak SWC. If Arkansas went back to that style of play I'd find something else to do with my time during basketball season. Its boring.

jry04

Quote from: hogsanity on January 13, 2016, 08:29:05 am

Vandy was a good win because they had lost a few close ones and really needed it. MSU was a good win because it was the next game, and was a game you have to have at home. Mizzu was a good win because it was on the road and they dismantled the tigers. I don't care how good you are and how poor the opponent, when you go on the road and win by 30+, that's noteworthy.
I think the OP asked the question because people clearly are not behind the team. Not being behind the team, and wanting them to lose are not necessarily the same thing. People who have tickets in Fayetteville are just being lazy and leaving them on their table at night instead of going to the game. They find it easier to stay home on a week night because "we suck and will probably lose." That is not getting behind the team.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: rude1 on January 13, 2016, 05:51:07 am
Keep winning and the support takes care of itself, there would be no need to rally the troops..................

If you're a real Arkansas fan you would support regardless of wins or losses IMO.