Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John Pelphrey calling next 2 games

Started by HoundHog, January 07, 2016, 07:42:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HoundHog

I heard Rick on DTS last night say Pelphrey (who now works for SEC network) will be calling our next two games. That should be interesting.

SardisHog

Wow someone is not very sharp if they are allowing that.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I remember that Count Chocula was upset on Pel's behalf, but did Pel leave angry, remorseful, or just leave?

Could be an interesting broadcast based on the above answer.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

ArkansasI

I can't imagine John being anything other than gracious.  He embraced the Razorback tradition when he was our coach, and as a Kentucky guy understands the impatience of a program as well as anybody to have gone through the process.

Breems

Quote from: ArkansasI on January 07, 2016, 08:10:00 am
I can't imagine John being anything other than gracious.  He embraced the Razorback tradition when he was our coach, and as a Kentucky guy understands the impatience of a program as well as anybody to have gone through the process.

I'm sure there's some resentment there after being fired with a top 10 (?) recruiting class on the way.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

HF#1

Wonder if he will be on time for the broadcast...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hogsanity

Didn't Heath call a couple of our games a couple of years ago? Pelphrey will do the job he was hired to do, provide commentary on the game when the PBP guy is getting a drink, or asks him a question, or there is some break in the action.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HOGINTENNESSEE

I thought Pel handled his exit with class. I'm sure he will do the same on the broadcast

He sure took it much better than Billy D

Kevin

pel will be gracious, I hope our fans will be
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PonderinHog

Quote from: Kevin on January 07, 2016, 08:41:21 am
pel will be gracious, I hope our fans will be
I'm gonna try.  I haven't heard him do a game.  How does he do?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 07, 2016, 08:36:36 am
I thought Pel handled his exit with class. I'm sure he will do the same on the broadcast

AKA Count Chocula.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hogsanity

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 07, 2016, 09:16:41 am

Like alot of ex players/coaches when they first start doing that type of work. Not great mic skills, but they do bring an insight you can't get from someone who has not played/coached at that level.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

MountieDawg

Do you think PEL may lie and say some fans are disappointed with where the program is now?  Or will he lie and talk about how great the atmosphere is in Bud Walton areana...  I bet its more likely to lie about how great the atmosphere is in Bud Walton.  Not sure the 1st would be a lie anyway.
SEC!

PonderinHog

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 07, 2016, 09:30:09 am
Do you think PEL may lie and say some fans are disappointed with where the program is now?  Or will he lie and talk about how great the atmosphere is in Bud Walton areana...  I bet its more likely to lie about how great the atmosphere is in Bud Walton.  Not sure the 1st would be a lie anyway.
Do you you think he'll LIE down and have a good bleed, like his alma mater did at LSU this week?

Dr. Starcs

Maybe he can give cma pointers on how to defend a full court length pass with 2 seconds left.

Laettner anyone?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 07, 2016, 09:45:36 am
Maybe he can give cma pointers on how to defend a full court length pass with 2 seconds left.

Laettner anyone?
Stop reading my mind!   >:(

Dr. Starcs

Haha!  I was actually trying to type that as fast as possible before someone else did.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 07, 2016, 09:48:37 am
Haha!  I was actually trying to type that as fast as possible before someone else did.
Yeah, I chose to feed the troll instead.

MountieDawg

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 07, 2016, 09:33:02 am
Do you you think he'll LIE down and have a good bleed, like his alma mater did at LSU this week?

That was not a good bleed, it was more like an ISIS attack where the team was beheaded!
SEC!

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 07, 2016, 09:16:41 am
He's not great, he's not abysmal.
In short, he's John Pelphrey.
Nice guy, though.

trippigs

He is an honorable and respectful guy...hope he does well. Was just in over his head while here.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 07, 2016, 09:45:36 am

Laettner anyone?

Pitino anyone?

Hoggish1

Quote from: HF#1 on January 07, 2016, 08:28:50 am
Wonder if he will be on time for the broadcast...

Don't know but he'll sure have a good bleed getting ready for it...

hobhog

He's a nice guy. Very funny and loyal to Hogs when I ever heard him speak. Hope he is treated well....

Dropkick

I always liked Pel. Had no problem with him being let go, it just didn't work out. Same with Stan really. Good men, they just weren't able to get it done here.

jkstock04

Whatever. That guy in his final press conference was a joke. He made some outrageous claims of taking us to heights we had never seen before.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Mick Hogger

Won't know until the game starts, but isn't it possible he won't even be in the arena?  They'll been doing some games from the studio and calling it from there.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Cinco de Hogo

I don't think Pel had any problem with being let go, the comments came mostly from his group of friends.  No problem with that.

Sivad

I thought Pel handled his exit with class. I'm sure he will do the same on the broadcast.
No doubt he will.
And he handled it much better than our most famous exit.

pigture perfect

I was one that thought Pel should have been given another year to see how his recruiting class would do. After seeing what we've had, I don't think the results have been any different had we given him time to grow into the job.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

WorfHog

Pel's handling it with class, just said the fans were good to him while he was here and today at the game. He said he was grateful to be a small part of Razorback history.  He's pure class at least publically.

Granny fan

Have mercy!  I would rather listen to fingernails on a chalkboard than listen to him!!

Pig Worshipper

Pelphrey is a really good guy who is not major college head coaching material. I hope he finds another good job as an assistant or becomes a head coach at a nice small college.

Kevin

He is doing a good job. Actually describing basketball.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Kevin on January 09, 2016, 03:40:51 pm
He is doing a good job. Actually describing basketball.
He is a class act, very articulate and knows basketball.

WorfHog

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on January 09, 2016, 03:45:02 pm
He is a class act, very articulate and knows basketball.

I think he could grow into this role and become pretty good. Hogs are taking it to Misstake, might make it more enjoyable.

PonderinHog

Didn't he have to overcome some kind of speech impediment?

FBI

What happened he is still not coaching at Florida

azhog10

hawginbigd1

Großer Kriegschwein

Pelphrey doesn't dislike the team. That's made up.
This is my non-signature signature.

Iamjacksleftnutt

Yes he does have a speech impediment. But he's doing a good job. And I enjoyed hearing him say that the fans were hugging him and thanking him. Our program has had enough hate and enough bridge burning. Personally I enjoy the positive and am glad to see the changes in the program since we brought in Long.

WPS

PonderinHog

Quote from: Iamjacksleftnutt on January 09, 2016, 04:38:41 pm
Yes he does have a speech impediment. But he's doing a good job. And I enjoyed hearing him say that the fans were hugging him and thanking him. Our program has had enough hate and enough bridge burning. Personally I enjoy the positive and am glad to see the changes in the program since we brought in Long.

WPS
I agree, but what about Jack's right nut ???

Razorod

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on January 09, 2016, 03:29:51 pm
Pelphrey is a really good guy who is not major college head coaching material. I hope he finds another good job as an assistant or becomes a head coach at a nice small college.
Agreed. Always thought he'd do well to land a job at a Morehead State or Eastern Kentucky.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

WorfHog

Quote from: FBI on January 09, 2016, 03:50:47 pm
What happened he is still not coaching at Florida

Billy Donovan took an NBA job (OKC Thunder) and didn't bring Pel with him.

Kevin

his son is s hs senior, he did not want to move the family this year

Mick Hogger

Didn't he say something about being at practice yesterday? Wonder how awkward that is.  Good gig for him. He gets to come visit friends he made here on ESPN's tab. Thought he was very gracious today and good luck to him in the future.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Like it is

He was nothing but class. He spoke highly of our fans, players and Coach A. Any Hog fan saying anything else is nothing but a darn starter! He's a human being . Treat him with class!

BadHog

Quote from: Mick Hogger on January 09, 2016, 05:19:13 pm
Didn't he say something about being at practice yesterday? Wonder how awkward that is.  Good gig for him. He gets to come visit friends he made here on ESPN's tab. Thought he was very gracious today and good luck to him in the future.

He made several comments about practice and he was complimentary of our players and also mentioned bits from his conversation with Coach A prior to the game. He was classy and did a good job today.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"