Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Cedar Legends of Golf Tournament

Started by 87017, May 27, 2014, 05:37:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Champions tour stop in Branson at Big Cedar Lodge and Buffalo Ridge (formerly Branson Creek). Arnie, Jack, and Gary Player among other golf legends are stopping by to play in this tournament. Week of June 1. Anyone planning on heading up? Currently torn between heading up to Branson or going to St. Jude Classic in Memphis.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: 87017 on May 27, 2014, 05:37:22 pm
Champions tour stop in Branson at Big Cedar Lodge and Buffalo Ridge (formerly Branson Creek). Arnie, Jack, and Gary Player among other golf legends are stopping by to play in this tournament. Week of June 1. Anyone planning on heading up? Currently torn between heading up to Branson or going to St. Jude Classic in Memphis.
any legends other than JD at St. Jude??

PP

I think Phil committed a week or two ago. Dustin Johnson, Rickie Fowler, Zach Johnson. Rumors of Rory coming in the last week.

Pulled(PP)pork

Tim Harris

I will go up and watch the Legends tournament. Only about 20 minutes from me.

whiskeyNwater2.0

Go to St. Jude. You will be amazed at how boring Sr tour events are.

Tim Harris

I will add that I've been to the St Jude before.  Solid tournament but will mostly depend on who all is going to be there.

Rendezvous Cook

I'll be at the Legends Tourney all week starting Sunday night.  If you go and need a hotel, condo, or house or want to play golf at any of the other courses in town give me a call toll free 855-909-GOLF www.executivegolfpackages.com

Dillar Dog

Quote from: whiskeyNwater2.0 on May 27, 2014, 07:26:41 pm

As opposed to any other golf tournament? 

Watching Freddy shoot a 63 at Fallen oak wasn't boring though.

Rendezvous Cook

And Sunday there is a $1,000,000 shootout.  Each ticket will be paired with a player in the field.  If your player makes an ace you win a share of the pot.  Nothing boring about that!

EastexHawg

Quote from: whiskeyNwater2.0 on May 27, 2014, 07:26:41 pm

I disagree.  I've been to numerous senior events.  For some reason I get more of a thrill watching a player who has won 18 majors than the most recent graduate of the Web.com tour who aspires to one day hoist the John Deere Classic trophy.

We went to Desert Mountain in '96 and followed Nicklaus as he shot back-to-back 65s to win The Tradition.  He holed his second shot on a par five for double eagle on Saturday.  I'd much rather be able to say I was there to see that than tell my buddies I saw Kevin Kisner rip off three straight birdies at the TPC of Louisiana.

Roctavious

Quote from: EastexHawg on May 29, 2014, 09:18:45 am
I disagree.  I've been to numerous senior events.  For some reason I get more of a thrill watching a player who has won 18 majors than the most recent graduate of the Web.com tour who aspires to one day hoist the John Deere Classic trophy.

We went to Desert Mountain in '96 and followed Nicklaus as he shot back-to-back 65s to win The Tradition.  He holed his second shot on a par five for double eagle on Saturday.  I'd much rather be able to say I was there to see that than tell my buddies I saw Kevin Kisner rip off three straight birdies at the TPC of Louisiana.

So Rickie Fowler, Robert Garrigus, Dustin Johnson, Zach Johnson, Davis Love III, Graeme McDowell, Phil Mickelson, Ian Poulter, Patrick Reed, Kevin Stadler, Boo Weekley, and Lee Westwood just recently joined the tour in order to fulfill their John Deere Classic dream?

EastexHawg

Quote from: Roctavious on May 29, 2014, 11:30:39 pm
So Rickie Fowler, Robert Garrigus, Dustin Johnson, Zach Johnson, Davis Love III, Graeme McDowell, Phil Mickelson, Ian Poulter, Patrick Reed, Kevin Stadler, Boo Weekley, and Lee Westwood just recently joined the tour in order to fulfill their John Deere Classic dream?

He said senior golf is boring.  I disagreed and explained my reasons for doing so.

I specifically mentioned the ability to watch a guy with 18 professional majors.  You listed some outstanding players...but how many do they have between them?

Roctavious

Quote from: EastexHawg on May 31, 2014, 12:27:19 pm
He said senior golf is boring.  I disagreed and explained my reasons for doing so.

I specifically mentioned the ability to watch a guy with 18 professional majors.  You listed some outstanding players...but how many do they have between them?

I get that but you insinuated everyone at the St. Jude will be no names whose life's ambition is to hoist the John Deere trophy. How many of those did I list are no-name, non-winners?

EastexHawg

Quote from: Roctavious on May 31, 2014, 03:58:44 pm
I get that but you insinuated everyone at the St. Jude will be no names whose life's ambition is to hoist the John Deere trophy. How many of those did I list are no-name, non-winners?

If you choose to walk the course and follow Mickelson, you are going to spend your time watching one of the all-time greats.  If you sit around one green or tee, drink beer, and watch everyone who comes through, you're going to see a lot of guys who would love to win the John Deere with an occasional player who has won something more significant mixed in.

2hogsafrickin

Going to the FedEx then watching the Redbirds that night. Matt Kuchar joined at the last second. Always enjoy watching Duval and Davis Love. Be some good lookin women walking around as well 8)

whiskeyNwater2.0

Yea the guy who has 18 majors won't break 80 and has zero desire to compete. Enjoy though