Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daly Shoots 13 On A Par 4

Started by 95_alum, July 11, 2011, 09:15:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

not bad actually... he played the rest of the track at +1. at his level of complacency i would have expected much worse.
You are what you tolerate.

HF#1

There is such thing as an unplayable lie when you've hit it that far right.  I mean seriously.  He made that much worse than it had to be.  That's what makes him John Daly I suppose.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hawg414

i thought he was taking unplayable lies... but then had to drop in what was essentially still unplayable.  multiple times.  no??

HF#1

Quote from: Hawg414 on July 11, 2011, 06:40:38 pm
i thought he was taking unplayable lies... but then had to drop in what was essentially still unplayable.  multiple times.  no??

I didn't see it but he could hit another tee shot.  I mean there are a lot smarter ways to handle that than what he did. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hawg414

Quote from: hogfan#1 on July 11, 2011, 06:53:39 pm
I didn't see it but he could hit another tee shot.  I mean there are a lot smarter ways to handle that than what he did. 

if your ball is found.. and not out of bounds.. yet in an unplayable position...
do you have the option to just re-tee instead?    i honestly dont know.

HF#1

July 11, 2011, 08:35:57 pm #6 Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:41:01 pm by hogfan#1
Quote from: Hawg414 on July 11, 2011, 07:16:48 pm
if your ball is found.. and not out of bounds.. yet in an unplayable position...
do you have the option to just re-tee instead?    i honestly dont know.

Rule 28. The player may deem his ball unplayable at any place on the course except when the ball is in a water hazard. The player is the sole judge as to whether his ball is unplayable or not.

If the player deems his ball to be unplayable he must, under penalty of one stroke:

A. Play a Ball as nearly as possible at the spot from which the original ball was last played.

This tells me yes, you can go back to the tee if the last shot was played from the tee.  So if he deems his ball unplayable after the tee shot and hits it from where it lies, he can no longer go back to the tee.

This was Kevin Na's problem as well.  He hit 2 from the tee.  Instead of going back a third time, he chose to play the ball as it lied.  After that, he couldn't go back to the tee.

Pulled(PP)pork

he was hoping they wouldn't find it, so he could re-tee.  but they found it and he went all Kevin Na on it

PP

HF#1

Quote from: Pulledpork on July 11, 2011, 08:37:40 pm
he was hoping they wouldn't find it, so he could re-tee.  but they found it and he went all Kevin Na on it

PP

Kevin Na did go back to the tee, twice I believe and then once he played it from the woods, he was screwed.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: hogfan#1 on July 11, 2011, 08:38:35 pm
Kevin Na did go back to the tee, twice I believe and then once he played it from the woods, he was screwed.
yeah, but I was referring to the hack it out method once he started.

PP

HF#1

Quote from: Pulledpork on July 11, 2011, 08:39:38 pm
yeah, but I was referring to the hack it out method once he started.

PP

Understood.