Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Club Fitting

Started by agr347, May 26, 2010, 12:28:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

agr347

I bought a new set of clubs last year, but didn't get fit, I just bought some standard ones.  Can I still take them and have them fitted for my swing or is it too late?  Also, I live near Jonesboro and am not sure where the closest place to take them would be.  Any suggestions?
"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

agr347

or is it even necessary?  I can see an imrovement from my first set I bought to my new set.  I am still in the beginner stages and I know that most of my improvement will come from practice.  I just was curious if this was something I needed to be looking into?
"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

kingofdequeen

man....i dunno.

a lot of folks would tell you YES, but until you find your swing and your move, i dunno that its imperative.

Really depends on what kind of club you bought. If they can be bent you can still be fitted. Question is why, are you hitting right or left, are your divots not uniform in depth across the divot, is there some reason your questioning your clubs performance, or are you just responding to everyone on here saying git fitted. Problem being if you have had these clubs for a while chances are you have already adapted your swing to fit the club as much as possible. I would suggest, if your not fairly accomplished as a golfer to git a lesson establish proper posture, swing path and such then determine your specs. 

kingofdequeen

Quote from: 71832 on May 26, 2010, 12:40:46 pm
Really depends on what kind of club you bought. If they can be bent you can still be fitted. Question is why, are you hitting right or left, are your divots not uniform in depth across the divot, is there some reason your questioning your clubs performance, or are you just responding to everyone on here saying git fitted. Problem being if you have had these clubs for a while chances are you have already adapted your swing to fit the club as much as possible. I would suggest, if your not fairly accomplished as a golfer to git a lesson establish proper posture, swing path and such then determine your specs. 

thesis

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 26, 2010, 12:39:21 pm
man....i dunno.

a lot of folks would tell you YES, but until you find your swing and your move, i dunno that its imperative.

synopsis.  :D

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 26, 2010, 12:46:48 pm
thesis

synopsis.  :D
yeah I was writing while ya'll were posting realized I had stepped on ya'lls toes but the info was to good to not go ahead and post.

kingofdequeen

would you do better or worse w/ one of these?

probably worse confused enuf as it is. By the way P O D is quite upset with your determination to hurts Reesers feelings  this weekend. She informed me this morning she thought your attitude quite churlish.

kingofdequeen

Churlish - combo of Surly and Childish?

git feral to Wikipedia it for you

billcollector

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 26, 2010, 01:03:26 pm
Churlish - combo of Surly and Childish?

so this was the problem... i was within an eyelash of calling gotya last night, thought about putting an APB out...

gotyacovered

Quote from: billcollector on May 26, 2010, 02:27:31 pm
so this was the problem... i was within an eyelash of calling gotya last night, thought about putting an APB out...

i am lost... (not literally, just in this thread)

Quote from: agr347 on May 26, 2010, 12:28:06 pm
I bought a new set of clubs last year, but didn't get fit, I just bought some standard ones.  Can I still take them and have them fitted for my swing or is it too late?  Also, I live near Jonesboro and am not sure where the closest place to take them would be.  Any suggestions?

i played golf for 5 years before i got fitted... do i wish i would have done it sooner? YES. was i pissed it did it initially? YES.

depends on your swing/stature... i am 6' but have long arms, so my stuff is 2* flat... as a result i was used to the heel of the club diggin in on my irons and hit a pretty big hook, when i changed... it was a huge adjustment--missed everything 10 yards right for 3 months.

now that 2 years has passed am i glad i did it? YES.
You are what you tolerate.

al2305

Quote from: agr347 on May 26, 2010, 12:28:06 pm

If ur a beginner, focus on getting a better swing by getting lessons from a pro.  Getting fitted to the swing u have now would be pointless, assuming ur as bad as most all beginners.  Ive spent quite a bit on fittings from some top quality fitters and clubs they recommend, but most of my problem was in my swing.  Spend ur money on the lessons first, trust me.

ShowHog

I agree with al2305.  Get to where you can put a consistent swing on it before you spend money getting fit.  Likely in a couple of years if you have improved significantly, you will be ready for a new set of sticks anyway.  Get fit for those.

gotyacovered

May 28, 2010, 10:51:50 am #14 Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:57:30 am by gotyacovered
i agree with t hem as well... i didnt realize you were a beginner. every dime spent from this point forward should be thrown to lessons. dont be shy to ask for chipping/putting lesson also... this is often overlooked and it has the biggest impact on your score.
You are what you tolerate.