Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prized LSU Recruit LHP Mac Marshall heading to JUCO instead

Started by ucahogfan, September 29, 2014, 08:49:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG     ·   Sep 26   

Bizarre situation at @LSUbaseball, as heralded pitcher Mac Marshall, a premier freshman arm, withdrew from school. @astros #mlbdraft

There you have it. Good reporting, Ross. RT @DellengerAdv: Mac Marshall says he will play at Chipola CC in 2015.

So, a player gets drafted, decides to go to college at #LSU, withdraws a couple of weeks into the semester for junior college. Interesting.

A lot of folks will disagree, but situations like these, Bickford, etc., is why I didn't have a huge issue with coaches oversigning/cutting.

And much more relevant to Hog fans, Teddy Stankiewicz in 2012.

LHP Mac Marshall, headed to Chipola (Fla.) CC from #LSU, was ranked No. 21 nationally out of HS. @astros 21st-rdr: http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=283701 ...

#LSU will be down one roster spot going into the 2015 college baseball season as well. A little side nugget to all of this drama.

One last thing to sum up Mac Marshall decision: #LSU fans don't know personal situation. Timing weird, but different strokes for diff folks.

Overall, this @LSUbaseball freshman class is still outstanding w/ arms like Jake Godfrey, Jake Latz, Alex Lange, etc., on campus this fall.

Aaron Fitt @aaronfitt     ·   Sep 26   

Stunner: #LSU announced that LHP Mac Marshall is withdrawing from school to take JC route. Big blow, but still may be No. 1 recruiting class

Suidae Suis Scrofa

I wonder why he dropped to the 21st round.  Perhaps he was expected to be a tough sign/really wanted to go to college.  If so, looks like he's changed his mind.  Be interesting to see where he gets picked next June.

-phil

ucahogfan

Quote from: Suidae Suis Scrofa on October 06, 2014, 10:34:24 am
I wonder why he dropped to the 21st round.  Perhaps he was expected to be a tough sign/really wanted to go to college.  If so, looks like he's changed his mind.  Be interesting to see where he gets picked next June.

-phil
Wanted 1.5M as a bonus and that would have been tough for someone who was a 2nd round type pick.  He was part of the Aiken story and would have signed with the Astros if Aiken had accepted a 5M bonus or less from them.