Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scrimmages

Started by Kevin, September 20, 2014, 01:24:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Sueie

Pretty good so far. Hit 2 home runs yesterday. Wiggins I think has hit 4 or 5. Looks like he will be 1st base.

Sueie

They are off this week for some stupid motorcycle rally in town.

ricepig

Quote from: Sueie on September 22, 2014, 12:41:23 pm
They are off this week for some stupid motorcycle rally in town.

Why, DVH have a Harley?

howie76

Big Nasty 34

Wiggins at first could throw us all off in our predictions! Glad he's adjusting quickly

ricepig

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on September 22, 2014, 05:06:14 pm
Wiggins at first could throw us all off in our predictions! Glad he's adjusting quickly

I'm guessing they have to throw to him, unlike high school.......

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

dotnet

Quote from: Sueie on September 22, 2014, 12:39:44 pm
Pretty good so far. Hit 2 home runs yesterday. Wiggins I think has hit 4 or 5. Looks like he will be 1st base.

Who is playing third?

I'm really suprised they're not trying to get him more work at third since a lot of people can play first and its a much easier adjustment. 

Sueie

Wernes and Bernal.  McAfee and Campbell playing short. 

dotnet

How to say this....

I would like for the production from third this year to be a definite improvement over last year.  I will be just as happy if that means that Wernes or Bernal happen to be that definite improvement... but that'll have to be proven to me..

Bas3ball13

I watched Friday and Sunday scrimmages.  The teams changed from those 2 days

Red
c- Pennell - Hit a hr
P - Mckinney - gave 2 runs in the first and didn't allow another run.  His bugs bunny change up went to work in the second inning
1b- Wiggins - hit a 3 run jack in the lf seats behind the pen
2b - Hogan - smoked a line drive in RC that hit the wall on friday (played 3rd on friday)
3b - McAfee - I like this place for him - solid performance - played short on friday
ss - Bernal - He looks bigger than last year.  He had several hits on the two days.  Made routine plays at short both days. 
OF - Gries, Bennetendi, shaddy  - Benny hit a 3 run jack on friday in the RF pen

Players to watch to follow

Spanberger - Heard he hit a 2 run jack on Thurs.,  big kid and swings from the left side and had multi hits on both days and balls were hit with authority

Nomura and Simms - Really stinking fast

Wernes still a golden glove 3rd baseman

Rodriquez - didn't play on friday but struggled at the plate on Sunday.  He was on the white team

We have more depth on this years team that I have seen in many years.  DVH said this was the fastest and deepest team he has ever assembled.  Can't wait spring is in the air!

I can't remember everything but these things stood out over 2 days!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

booogaga

Does anyone know if they are scrimmaging with the new ball?

Maybe that has something to do with the HR power we are hearing about during these practice games.
GO HOGS!

Bas3ball13

yes they are using the new ball and yes the ball does jump off the bat.  But remember this a warmer temp than in the spring.  Interested to see the difference come next spring

TikiHog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Bas3ball13 on September 24, 2014, 10:36:44 am
I watched Friday and Sunday scrimmages.  The teams changed from those 2 days

Red
c- Pennell - Hit a hr
P - Mckinney - gave 2 runs in the first and didn't allow another run.  His bugs bunny change up went to work in the second inning
1b- Wiggins - hit a 3 run jack in the lf seats behind the pen
2b - Hogan - smoked a line drive in RC that hit the wall on friday (played 3rd on friday)
3b - McAfee - I like this place for him - solid performance - played short on friday
ss - Bernal - He looks bigger than last year.  He had several hits on the two days.  Made routine plays at short both days. 
OF - Gries, Bennetendi, shaddy  - Benny hit a 3 run jack on friday in the RF pen

Players to watch to follow

Spanberger - Heard he hit a 2 run jack on Thurs.,  big kid and swings from the left side and had multi hits on both days and balls were hit with authority

Nomura and Simms - Really stinking fast

Wernes still a golden glove 3rd baseman

Rodriquez - didn't play on friday but struggled at the plate on Sunday.  He was on the white team

We have more depth on this years team that I have seen in many years.  DVH said this was the fastest and deepest team he has ever assembled.  Can't wait spring is in the air!

I can't remember everything but these things stood out over 2 days!
Thanks

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

September 24, 2014, 09:26:19 pm #18 Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 09:38:46 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S
Quote from: booogaga on September 24, 2014, 02:54:28 pm
Does anyone know if they are scrimmaging with the new ball?

Maybe that has something to do with the HR power we are hearing about during these practice games.
They may be using both, switching for different parts of practice. Reason I say this is that while switching drills on Wednesday, DVH yelled to get the small balls and they brought out a large basket of different balls and all the others balls were gathered up and put away. I guess small ball meaning that they don't go as far and we played small ball last year using them?

(notOM)Rebel123

Does anyone have a schedule of scrimmages/Red-White series?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 29, 2014, 07:40:48 pm
Does anyone have a schedule of scrimmages/Red-White series?
Looks like 10/10 to 10/18, every other day, total of 5.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on September 30, 2014, 08:56:52 pm
Looks like 10/10 to 10/18, every other day, total of 5.

Great. Thank you for the info.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Rhog

Thank you for supplying the dates of the scrimmages.
Does anyone know the times?

jhippy

What time is the red/white game on Friday?

ricepig

Quote from: jhippy on October 06, 2014, 02:04:38 pm
What time is the red/white game on Friday?

Arkansas baseball Red-White Fall World Series dates and times announced > http://t.co/dHzlobCkeP #WPS http://t.co/OLu0HJz7Ny

Sueie

Did our *#^%} sucking news media go talk to his high school coach?