Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas(11-2,1-0) vs Miss St(12-1,0-0)

Started by Porked Tongue, January 02, 2018, 06:19:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BassinHawg

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 02, 2018, 10:08:50 pm
Officiating did NOT cost us this game... typical Anderson team lack of 3 point D killed us!  How the hell do you go zone, and let them hit back-to-back 3's because you get some hair-brained idea to go zone??? We can't zone anyone, never have been able to since Mike got here.  They were 2-19 from 3 against our normal D before that.

Yeah, they shot a lot more FTs... everyone does against us.  It's because we reach and slap all the time, and we nearly always have a big FT discrepancy because of that.  There were a couple of bad calls, but the refs did not change the game with their officiating.  Anyone that doesn't see that is drinking the kool-aid.

Ding Ding Ding Ding
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

la20688

Definitely not a walk by Macon....pitiful! They had a guy take three big steps twice tonight and no call.SEC home cooking.

GuyGatlin

Quote from: Capt. Hamm on January 02, 2018, 10:03:55 pm
Why Mike? Just the Refs.

Because he lets the refs off the hook and doesn't get in their face for the entire ballgame.

RyeHogFan

Well, that's a perfect example of how to both get screwed and simultaneously screw yourself.  The refs were very one-sided on their calls and yet we lost it because of our own mistakes.  Costly turnovers, missed free throws, and an inability to keep them off the offensive boards kept us from being able to offset the officiating. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 02, 2018, 10:06:37 pm
This. One of the best chances to get a road win. We shoot over 50 pct and lose? Can't do it.

Wonder why?  It only happens in the [CENSORED] SEC.

Capt. Hamm

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

The Boar War

Quote from: lookawayquick on January 02, 2018, 10:02:37 pm
Now they call a travel.  Where has that been all night?

No kidding.  They've swallowed the whistle on extra steps all night.

BigHog396

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 02, 2018, 10:05:30 pm
Watch that travel call again, he Didn't even move
You talking about the Macon travel?  He took three steps, plain as day.  If you don't think he walked there, then it's obvious how you could think this game was taken by the refs!

alohawg

Quote from: Cmheinley on January 02, 2018, 10:09:24 pm
Miss St - 40 FTs / Arkansas - 12 FTs. / That can't be normal. Let the investigation begin!

Is that right?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ifghog

I see it differently than a lot of you. We played hard but every call went against us tonight. I am a ref. I usually don't blame them at all . It was terrible tonight. Barford didn't play great but we played hard. Some of you guys really don't understand basketball.

010HogFan

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 02, 2018, 10:11:17 pm
You talking about the Macon travel?  He took three steps, plain as day.  If you don't think he walked there, then it's obvious how you could think this game was taken by the refs!

Definitely a travel. We gotta have more options than "give it to Macon and let him jack one up"

Jborohog09

Quote from: GuyGatlin on January 02, 2018, 10:09:41 pm
Because he lets the refs off the hook and doesn't get in their face for the entire ballgame.

That doesn't make them magically start calling things in your favor.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Not a good look. MSU isn't that good. Auburn may clobber us.

Refs sucked but we sucked worse.

010HogFan

Quote from: ifghog on January 02, 2018, 10:11:44 pm
I see it differently than a lot of you. We played hard but every call went against us tonight. I am a ref. I usually don't blame them at all . It was terrible tonight. Barford didn't play great but we played hard. Some of you guys really don't understand basketball.

the refs didn't help, but not the reason we lost.

farfromgroovins

Well.....

FT:
Ark: 5-12
MS: 24-40

Turnovers
Ark: 13
MS: 7

Blocks:
Ark: 3
MS: 8

Fouls
Ark: 26
MS: 11

Barford off and on the road.......and only lose by 3. Tough to lose that one but could have been worse.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on January 02, 2018, 10:08:08 pm
Did it happen with Tennessee? Nope.  Go back and see if it is every game.

Maybe not every game but probably 75%. We always foul a lot. It's just the way we play. When we don't attack the basket we don't shoot FTs. Pretty simple.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 02, 2018, 10:08:04 pm
He thinks he can score

I still say he shouldn't play more than 10 mins a game.  He is terrible at the worst times.  He'll shoot 14 times, miss 14 times, hit his 15th shot, and think he has the green light again.  Open guy, shoot.  Everyone covered like a glove, pass.  1 on 4, take.  4 on 1, slow it down.  Guy in his grill, 40 foot 3.  Guy sagging off, drive into his chest for a charge.  This is Beard.

donk

we lost because we didn't play any defense and let them rebound until they made it.  For whatever reason this is the way we play on the road.

mykidsdad

in the SEC you can count on the refs sucking. But even for the SEC, that game was extra sucky!!!! We played zone, we attacked the rim, and somehow they had 11 fouls and we had 25? There is nothing else to say but the refs sucked more than usual. I cant want for hogsanity to come on the board and explain to everyone how what just happened made any sense. Pathetic job by refs, truly pathetic.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Cmheinley on January 02, 2018, 10:09:24 pm
Miss St - 40 FTs / Arkansas - 12 FTs. / That can't be normal. Let the investigation begin!
Well when you don't rebound the ball and the other team gets all kinds of second and third chances at baskets that will tend to happen.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

ifghog

Rbill

Quote from: alohawg on January 02, 2018, 10:08:23 pm
Call timeout and set it up or Jack up a 30 ft airball, hmmmm. Beard is just a really selfish player.

I'm afraid there's nothing to set up.

HogFansReunited

Barford had a very bad game and we needed him today. We should have called time out at the end when we got the ball.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hog Pharm on January 02, 2018, 10:13:16 pm
Maybe not every game but probably 75%. We always foul a lot. It's just the way we play. When we don't attack the basket we don't shoot FTs. Pretty simple.

Poor take.  We're the same team every game.  The refs lost this game for us.  Could we have played perfectly and won?  Maybe.  We shouldn't have to play perfect against that MSU team.

elksnort

Folks, don't over react.
No team in the SEC is shity. We aren't that great. Let's just get in the NCAA tournament and make the sweet 16 and we'll all be happy

The Hogfather

Quote from: ifghog on January 02, 2018, 10:15:03 pm
Watched it again. It was not a walk.

I havn't watched it again, but it definitely looked like a walk to me.

HogFansReunited

I was sitting right there, not even close to a walk.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

010HogFan

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 02, 2018, 10:16:24 pm
Poor take.  We're the same team every game.  The refs lost this game for us.  Could we have played perfectly and won?  Maybe.  We shouldn't have to play perfect against that MSU team.

Refs didn't lose the game. Stop saying this. We had ample opportunity to win, but we just don't have that clutch gene consistently. We had it in the Tennessee game, didn't have it this time. Truth hurts.

hawgfan4life

Energy just wasn't high enough, but was afraid of a letdown after TN game.  Some of the FT issue was lack of aggression on our part, but still shouldn't be so disparitaive as it was.  Beard had an open look. The timeout wouldn't have improved the look we got.  That happens in basketball.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 02, 2018, 10:11:48 pm
Definitely a travel. We gotta have more options than "give it to Macon and let him jack one up"
Not trying to be argumentative but im seeing it different but dont have slo mo.  Looks like he takes 1 jump step to the right, and pump fakes.  Thats all I see.

The Hogfather

Quote from: mykidsdad on January 02, 2018, 10:14:16 pm
in the SEC you can count on the refs sucking. But even for the SEC, that game was extra sucky!!!! We played zone, we attacked the rim, and somehow they had 11 fouls and we had 25? There is nothing else to say but the refs sucked more than usual. I cant want for hogsanity to come on the board and explain to everyone how what just happened made any sense. Pathetic job by refs, truly pathetic.

Exactly!!  Zone D for us much of the time, they shot tons of 3s and didnmt make many, we attack the rim like we always do, and they shoot 40 FTs to our 12.  Bullshiz!

Knot2brite

I have a major problem with the disparity in free throws. Sure we foul but the other teams are not fouling any less. They slap and reach just as much as we do. The blocked dunk by Ado on Bailey's dunk was as much of a foul as what was called on Gafford at the end. We penetrate and get jack darn called and the opposing team penetrates abs it is a automatic foul when we are on the road. We aren't any more or less prone tonfoul than the other team but if you don't think that the home team has a advantage in the sec then you don't watch much basketball
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

bphi11ips

Quote from: ifghog on January 02, 2018, 10:11:44 pm

Biased officiating in the SEC prevents it from getting more teams in NCAA and higher seeds. Arkansas did not play well tonight, but they are the better team and would have won but for the officiating.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

lookawayquick

Hogs played a dumb game.  Poor defense, gave away offensive rebounds, missed FTs and Barford stunk.  You could see Barford was not in the game early on. Terrible loss.  MSU is not a good team.

BigHog396

Then you CLEARLY do not understand what a walk is.  One, two, three... by definition, that's a walk.

010HogFan

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on January 02, 2018, 10:18:51 pm
Not trying to be argumentative but im seeing it different but dont have slo mo.  Looks like he takes 1 jump step to the right, and pump fakes.  Thats all I see.

I don't have a replay handy but it looked like he lifted his pivot foot to me

The Hogfather

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 02, 2018, 10:18:59 pm
Exactly!!  Zone D for us much of the time, they shot tons of 3s and didnmt make many, we attack the rim like we always do, and they shoot 40 FTs to our 12.  Bullshiz!

21 of their 59 shots were 3s.  15 of our 62 shots were 3s.  Yet people around here are saying there was a foul discrepancy because we didn't attack the rim and they did.  We reach and they don't.  Again, bullshiz!

BigHog396

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on January 02, 2018, 10:18:51 pm
Dribbles, both feet on the court when he did.  Moves his left foot, moves his right foot, and then moves his left foot again and then pump fakes.  Easy call to make. Three steps, then a pump fake.  They may have swallowed the whistle on a number of other walks, but this was the correct call regardless.

farfromgroovins

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 02, 2018, 10:20:19 pm
Then you CLEARLY do not understand what a walk is.  One, two, three... by definition, that's a walk.

And more than 10 years ago the Barford "Euro step" would have been called a walk. What's changed?
There was plenty of feet moving before the dribble on fakes and drives to the basket that were not called in this game. All I ask is why weren't those called all game? Those were "by definition", a walk.

That call hurt but we had our opportunities elsewhere.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 02, 2018, 10:09:12 pm
Supreme lack of effort!
Exactly. How many times do we let a guy run into the lane and paw at him like we just got up from a couch nap?  How many times did we watch MSU get a rebound while we stood there flat footed? 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 02, 2018, 10:21:24 pm
I don't have a replay handy but it looked like he lifted his pivot foot to me
It might be 2 steps, 1 small, 1 big, but i can only hit pause so fast, haha

Cmheinley

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on January 02, 2018, 10:14:18 pm
Well when you don't rebound the ball and the other team gets all kinds of second and third chances at baskets that will tend to happen.

Yeah, the amount of second and third chance shots were putrid. Just a bad, sloppy game overall. Auburn could get ugly.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

The only thing I fault Anderson on this is not getting after the refs. You cannot watch the free throw disparity get to 5-20 or 10-30 and not step up and get in someone's face and get a technical.

King Kong

Would have could have should have.

Man that one hurts. Should have had it. Yeah the Refs sided to the home team. But that is what they do. Got to dig deep and get these in spite

Loved the overall effort especially on defense. Just had some guys off tonight

Jzilla

Mike needs to hold the players accountable and take them out with some of the dumb crap they do.

010HogFan

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on January 02, 2018, 10:27:45 pm
It might be 2 steps, 1 small, 1 big, but i can only hit pause so fast, haha

Now that I have watched it again, I agree with you. Not a walk. But I didn't like the look anyway. Gotta come up with something better than that.

PonderinHog

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 02, 2018, 10:29:20 pm
Now that I have watched it again, I agree with you. Not a walk. But I didn't like the look anyway. Gotta come up with something better than that.
Something just didn't look right on that play.  May have fooled the ref, even.

jfred59

Quote from: elksnort on January 02, 2018, 10:04:05 pm
maybe one team found a hell of a lot more than the other here [CENSORED] think about that

Not that much..we do foul more but not that much.   

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 02, 2018, 10:29:20 pm
Agree, looks like he was more focused on getting the foul vs hitting the shot.  Either way, that didnt cost us the game.