Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please tell me who this goob is

Started by Biggus Piggus, February 10, 2017, 06:22:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/bret-bielema-2017-recruiting-best-arkansas

"What gives Bielema the confidence to call 2017 the best class he's signed at Arkansas?

"Well, it's not. Let's get that out of the way. Arkansas' 2016 signing class was more talented and deeper overall."

Ffffff...how do you know that? Subsequent statements are just random slapped-together shitburgers.

"Arkansas also signed six defensive backs, which wasn't necessarily a position group of need but was a spot where the Hogs lack overall talent."

NOT NECESSARILY A POSITION GROUP OF NEED?!?!?!?!?!? FFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSS!!!!!

Dayum stupid.
[CENSORED]!

factchecker

Trent is usually pretty good.  He does a lot of leg work with Jason Kersey to get stories from recruits and commits.  They drove to Georgia and I think Florida to interview a couple of our commits.  Maybe his coworker Eric Bolin is influencing his writing.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Bubba's Bruisers

2016 and 2017 classes appear to be pretty similar in quality.  His best 2 classes.  Both seemingly successful in addressing biggest needs at the time...2016 was defensive front 7 and 2017 was DB's.  Check.

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

sickboy

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 10, 2017, 07:02:46 pm
2016 and 2017 classes appear to be pretty similar in quality.  His best 2 classes.  Both seemingly successful in addressing biggest needs at the time...2016 was defensive front 7 and 2017 was DB's.  Check.

Agree.

ChicoHog

I listen to these guys podcast during the week and they are pretty decent.  Also seem fairly objective which is not always common with the Arkansas media. 

presidenthog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 10, 2017, 06:22:12 pm

"What gives Bielema the confidence to call 2017 the best class he's signed at Arkansas?

"Well, it's not. Let's get that out of the way. Arkansas' 2016 signing class was more talented and deeper overall."

Ffffff...how do you know that? Subsequent statements are just random slapped-together shitburgers.

"Arkansas also signed six defensive backs, which wasn't necessarily a position group of need but was a spot where the Hogs lack overall talent."

Dayum stupid.

2016 was the better class. Had we not fell apart late it would have been the best class arkansas had ever signed.

2017 is a good solid class. Lots of potential, but not better than 2016.

ZERO

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 10, 2017, 06:22:12 pmwhich wasn't necessarily a position group of need but was a spot where the Hogs lack overall talent."

I don't understand how you can lack talented players at a position, yet this position not be a need. That's the definition of needing players, it's not a literal mathematics statement. I was also not personally impressed with the overall quality of players in this class, but if you want your opinion to be taken seriously, you can't make retarded statements like this.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

jgphillips3

We lacked a blue chip Offensive lineman and high level defensive linemen in this class but overall it was a very, very solid group that adds a lot of speed to the team which we desperately needed.

ricepig

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 11, 2017, 03:31:29 am
We lacked a blue chip Offensive lineman and high level defensive linemen in this class but overall it was a very, very solid group that adds a lot of speed to the team which we desperately needed.

Well, according to the staff, we've had several blue chip O-linemen lately, that weren't too blue. They decided to go for the blue collar /Skipper type that would play until the whistle, and maybe beyond. I think they were disappointed in how some of them have worked out, and left. I don't know if this class is any better, but it's the type of guys they were looking for. Now, it does seem for the most part, that our early offers for 2018 are all blue chip guys, maybe they want to work a little harder. Or, it could be that with the coaching change last year, we golf what we could......

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on February 11, 2017, 08:50:16 am
we golf what we could......

does this mean you golf when you can, or you would golf if you could?  or maybe, when you play golf you take what you can?  very confusing....JK ;D

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on February 11, 2017, 10:19:15 am
does this mean you golf when you can, or you would golf if you could?  or maybe, when you play golf you take what you can?  very confusing....JK ;D

I'm afraid if I had to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand, Mensa type material.......

Inhogswetrust

Dayum stupid.

So a young punk media person thinks he is Mel Kyper and even Mel Kyper is no expert but makes money in the media talking about recruiting. I'll believe ANY coach over either of them.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on February 11, 2017, 11:00:01 am
I'm afraid if I had to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand, Mensa type material.......

I always knew one had to be a Mensa member to be a rice farmer.................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogs-n-Roses

hawginbigd1

Quote from: presidenthog on February 11, 2017, 12:32:56 am
2016 was the better class. Had we not fell apart late it would have been the best class arkansas had ever signed.

2017 is a good solid class. Lots of potential, but not better than 2016.
I am going with CBB on this there are a lot of undervalued ATHs in this class, it's clear DB, WR, and speed were the focus of this class, and it has been delivered!

It's not like 2016 was a B and 2017 was an A, more like a B vs. B+ IMO.

Cure

This is his best class because it's one of the few classes that addressed his biggest need, defense.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on February 11, 2017, 11:00:01 am

aah, Mensa, now it makes sense...

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Cure on February 11, 2017, 02:01:19 pm
This is his best class because it's one of the few classes that addressed his biggest need, defense.

It started last class for the defense, though. Last class was just as good.  So 2 years in a row of signing apparent talent upgrades on defense. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Oklahawg

Recruiting writers need to invest time in the trenches. That means talking to coaches and players on their level. Go to HS games, go to HS combines, go to HS camps.

Luginbill, Burton, Emfinger...the marquee names across the sum total of "recruiting reporting's history" did it that way. Lots of hard work. Lots of long drives, late nights, drive thru windows, and poorly-lit stadiums.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

I wonder how SEC Country can have 3 guys at every SEC school, is there that much money in "clicks" on your site?

Danimal

We can say shitburger on here?... SWEET!!!

theshiva

I agree with with the writer actually, on the surface. The offer lists of our 2016 recruits were better, and we have bodies in our secondary, but only Pulley would start for other SEC teams.

mhuff

Quote from: Danimal on February 11, 2017, 05:08:25 pm

Not til you have 350 posts. Man are you in trouble.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Danimal on February 11, 2017, 05:08:25 pm
Just don't talk with a mouthful.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 12, 2017, 03:34:43 pm
Just don't talk with a mouthful.

But most people on Hogville DO talk with a mouthful of that.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on February 12, 2017, 04:34:49 pm
But most people on Hogville DO talk with a mouthful of that.
Anybody wanna buy a toothbrush?

Qhog

Nobody knows which class is better yet.  Can someone make a note to check back on this thread in 4 years so we can have the actual discussion?

;)

bennyl08

Quote from: theshiva on February 12, 2017, 11:51:31 am
I agree with with the writer actually, on the surface. The offer lists of our 2016 recruits were better, and we have bodies in our secondary, but only Pulley would start for other SEC teams.

It's a bit unfair to compare the two given we've seen one of them in action already. Having said that, from my reactions to the players when they signed and doing my best to ignore information that has come out afterwards,

I think the 2017 class is better all around.

The top, can't miss players for 2016 IMO were Agim, Whaley, Jones, and Harris. Follow that with guys like LaFrance, AJB, Capps, Guidry, Hammonds, Heinrich, Ramirez, Taylor, and Kelley and you have a strong class. Now, I'm defining these on my opinions and listing the players who I thought on tape displayed potential to play in the NFL just from those viewings. Will do my best to avoid bashing players, but there were 3 from 2016 that I watched and just didn't think they were ever going to see the field for us.

Fast forward to 2017. IMO, Martin, Williams, Patton, Curl, and Curtis are all can't miss players. To expand on what I wrote for 2016, the can't miss player IMO is the one that would be starting for virtually any team in the country by year 3. The players making all-american lists. The very good players, otoh, are the ones who make all-conference. Calloway, IMO, is right on that border of the can't-miss and very good IMO. Which probably says more about me than him. The others in the very good category are Wagner, Adcock, Fisher, Clenin, Hayden, Barnes, Warren, Jackson, and Porter. Further, there are only two players in this class that I watch tape and don't think they end up seeing the field.

2016 having the 5*, I think gave it a better perception while this year "only" having 4*'s makes it feel lower.

Overall, time will end up telling, and we can't go wrong with either class. Both are stellar.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HogFoo

I think the writer is full of poo.  We needed more quality depth at defensive secondary.  We did need more OL guys and DL guys, but weren't able to get them.  But still this year's class had what, 10 4* guys, and 13 3* guys, and about 4+ of those 3* guys were very high 3* could have been  easily ranked 4*.   Now , had they went to bama, aubbie, or the like, they probably would have been given that extra nudge to a 4* and then this class would have been a top 10 easy with that many 4* guys on it.    That's just if u strictly go on star gazing. 

This class was a great class, and I agree with those saying it was Bielemas best class.  #1 TE, #1 WR,  both of which were juco guys, who can contribute right away!   Williams, and Hayden at RB.  Those guys are great as well.  Maybe not the ranking of Whaley, but very good!   Agim was last year's diamond and this year we got the Montaric Brown.  As well as a few others that are nearly the same quality like Calloway.  We added depth in our defense.  Added some big ole dudes to our oline, especially the 6'9 369lbs dude!    But, we'll find out how good this class is in a few years.  Just like we always do. I believe it to be a great class. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Inhogswetrust

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Qhog on February 12, 2017, 05:31:44 pm
Nobody knows which class is better yet.  Can someone make a note to check back on this thread in 4 years so we can have the actual discussion?

;)

That's what I was thinking. The writer made a definitive declaration based on jack darn.
[CENSORED]!

razorbacker3

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 12, 2017, 05:05:33 pm
Anybody wanna buy a toothbrush?

you know toothbrushes were invented in Arkansas

if they had been invented elsewhere they would have been called teethbrushes.  LOL

HamSammich

Goobs  are the ones that pay for a goobs car payment by blindly clicking an article that is dumb and then spreading the articles on forums. That goob is laughing to the bank. Keep clicking.

daBoar

At least focusing on the "talented", with McTelvin and Whaley.............2 top HS 100's in 2016..............we didn't recruit HS superstars in 2017.

I'm more concerned with the "Well, it's not", as though the 2017 class was pedestrian.

Großer Kriegschwein

Dayum stupid.

dayum strate
This is my non-signature signature.