Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GA #1 DL Robert Cooper

Started by Vcloudv, February 09, 2017, 02:07:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFoo

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on February 15, 2017, 06:49:49 pm
Again, you are unable to name one player and the school he was committed too flip toArkansas.
I'd say a player that wasn't going to arkansas , that was headed somewhere else regardless of if he had made the school he was headed to public or not, counts as a flip if he decides to come to arkansas after previously counting the hogs out. I'd say that's common sense.  Wouldn't you? But, i see what you are saying.  Unfortunately  im afraid that no matter what is said it's not going to be good enough for you im guessing.  Regardless of which,  Bielema is our coach and he has recruited better than any coach we've had since joining the SEC.  Remember that.  Bielema is the coach.  And he will be at least 2 more years whether you or anyone else likes it or not. Bielema will be the coach whether he gets this player to flip to Arkansas or not.  So you can get on board with it or you can be a negative nancy.

Me myself, i'd rather be positive.  Look at all the angles Bielema has to change this kids mind to flip to the Hogs.  If he does cool.  If he doesnt, then go to work on the next kid.   But again, nothing is going to change that Bielema is the hogs coach for at least 2 more years.  I like Bielema and I hope he does well and is our coach for years to come.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

RaisinHog

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on February 15, 2017, 12:31:48 pm
  He withdrew his commitment  from Georgia when Coach Richt got fired. Then he chose Arkansas. If Coach Richt had stayed at Georgia he would be at Georgia now. He visited Georgia the weekend after he visited Arkansas. He committed after his Georgia visit.

Actually he committed after the Arkansas visit ... Like the day after he left Arkansas he  committed to UGA if I remember correctly

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: HogFoo on February 12, 2017, 07:21:33 pm
After reading today's Dem/Gaz,  i'd say that the "Trenchmonster"  is ours.  He is currently committed to FSU, but after reading about his family ties to Arkansas and how everyone reacted in his family after he got the offer.  I say this guy is a future Hog.  And that would be great!  The kid is 6'3 355lbs , benched 455lbs at 15 yrs old?  Holy Crap.  Talk about a tree stump of a NG for our new 3-4 defense!  I'll take that!  Which he is a high 4* nearly 5*.   Now, if we can find a few more like him since we need more Trenchmonsters on the OLINE and Dline for this class!  Come on down Mr. Cooper!  You belong here man!

Jesus Christ. This is the fallacy that you mo's fall for time and time again.  It's a critical mistake this fanbase keeps repeating that creates expectations that can't be met especially considering the U. of Arkansas has leadership in the Ath. Dept that isn't concerned with the same things that the fans are.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

HogFoo

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on February 16, 2017, 03:41:34 am

Jesus Christ. This is the fallacy that you mo's fall for time and time again.  It's a critical mistake this fanbase keeps repeating that creates expectations that can't be met especially considering the U. of Arkansas has leadership in the Ath. Dept that isn't concerned with the same things that the fans are.
So what fallacy would that be again?  The fallacy of being excited that a very highly rated player( who has some pretty decent family ties to arkansas) could possibly be convinced to be a hog with all the angles that the coaches could go at him with??  I tell you what, Could you kindly explain how that is an expectation that couldn't possibly ever be met again? Hell, anymore those are usually the only ways we get the higher rated players from other states like that is if they have arkansas ties!  So why would this be any different?  Oh i know,  how about the fallacy that some of you MO's have who think the UofA Ath. dept doesnt want the hogs to win???    Talk about a joke!   What kind of imbecile has that mindset??  You honestly think they are going to spend the kind of money on this latest stadium upgrade if they didnt want the hogs to win?  Are you for real man?  geez!

Also,  If i think the kid could be a hog and i can see a road to how it could happen.  Hey, that's my opinion.  You honestly think i'm going to give two squirts over your opinion when you lament mine or anyone else's opinion that are positive towards the Hogs?  Sorry pal. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

hawgwash

Again, you are unable to name one player and the school he was committed too flip toArkansas.
He did mention Joe Adams in an earlier post. As I recall he was committed to USC but flipped to Arkansas on signing day or just before.

biglewhog77

Do we have a chance to flip him

HogFoo

Well I believe his mother is from forrest city and he visits his family in that area often it sounded like from one of the articles posted.   It appeared from reading the articles that even tho he is an FSU commit, he was excited to get the hog offer.  Me personally I think Bielema can flip the kid, whether he does or not, who knows.  But  there is always a chance if they can get a kid to visit up to Faytown  during a big game (win) on a Saturday night.  That and pointing out how he'd be the centerpiece in the new 3-4 defensive scheme.  Lots of good angles, as I previously posted about, on how we could go at this kid and possibly get him to commit to being a Hog.  Whether we can do it.  Who knows.  I think the best way would be if we had a good season this year.  Especially with the defense  3-4.  That would be the best recruiter for this kid.  Winning.       Let us hope we can do a lot of that!  Haha

hogginbama

Quote from: HogFoo on February 16, 2017, 01:44:01 pm
Oh i know,  how about the fallacy that some of you MO's have who think the UofA Ath. dept doesnt want the hogs to win???    Talk about a joke!   What kind of imbecile has that mindset??

These cats who believe the athletic department doesn't want or doesn't care about winning must have a seat in the meetings. I can hear it now, "Look Bret, last week the boys did real good and won a tough game. This week, I want you to blow the doors off the other team for the first half and then roll over in the second half. We can't have you guys winning too much or the fans will think we care about winning. We all know we are only here for the money and we can't have them thinking we care about the results of the game."

Some folks are absolute jokes and would be better served to stay off the internet so others don't learn how disillusion they really are.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

HogFoo

ZERO

Quote from: HogFoo on February 16, 2017, 01:44:01 pm
So what fallacy would that be again?  The fallacy of being excited that a very highly rated player( who has some pretty decent family ties to arkansas) could possibly be convinced to be a hog with all the angles that the coaches could go at him with??  I tell you what, Could you kindly explain how that is an expectation that couldn't possibly ever be met again?

He kind of has a point. Every now and then we pull off an unlikely one, but many of us have a difficult time keeping our expectations tempered. It's not his place to tell you what to expect, but it's frustrating to watch people act like we have a huge shot at a prospect, and then watch the same people get emotional and irrational after we again finish in the 25-30 range when most of those "good shots" fall through yet again. You said:

QuoteAfter reading today's Dem/Gaz,  i'd say that the "Trenchmonster"  is ours.
QuoteI say this guy is a future Hog.

You got that from reading a newspaper a full year before signing day? Enthusiasm is great, but damn man. Having Arkansas relations and having Arkansas ties are vastly different things. Remember Josh Frazier three or four years ago? Not being a fan of the Hogs but having family members who are doesn't make you a lock.

Quotehow about the fallacy that some of you MO's have who think the UofA Ath. dept doesnt want the hogs to win???    Talk about a joke!   What kind of imbecile has that mindset??  You honestly think they are going to spend the kind of money on this latest stadium upgrade if they didnt want the hogs to win?  Are you for real man?  geez!

We want the Hogs to win, but the people involved with the university want the Hogs to win while accomplishing other things, and staying away from certain things. The administration's goals are absolutely not at all in line with a good deal of Razorback fans'. That mindset isn't imbecilic in the least. This is the same administration that fired Bobby Petrino after going 10-3 and 11-2, with the only five losses in two years coming from teams that were ranked #1 in the polls at some point during the season. That was the closest we've been to being relevant since the '80s. The same athletic director gave Bielema a ridiculous extension and buyout after going 7-6 one time. Now probably half the fan base is tired of him and we can't even hope to be rid of him any time soon because of that. Winning and winning alone isn't the most important thing to the people who make handsome salaries to run Hog athletics.

QuoteAlso,  If i think the kid could be a hog and i can see a road to how it could happen.  Hey, that's my opinion.  You honestly think i'm going to give two squirts over your opinion when you lament mine or anyone else's opinion that are positive towards the Hogs?  Sorry pal.

Never say never. I mean, we saw Alex Collins' five-star ass come out of left field and be a force for us. That's bound to happen again, and this guy wouldn't even be as big of a stretch as AC. I'm afraid our biggest hope is for high school football in AR to somehow get sorted out to give us a few more 4*+ recruits every year. You'll have to forgive posters like BoynamedWooPigSooie. The likes of us are tired of being constantly slapped in the face by our increasingly inept football leadership, and it makes us bitter.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

HogFoo

February 22, 2017, 01:36:16 am #60 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 10:22:33 am by HogFoo
Zero-

Lots to quote here.  So I'll make it short and to the point.  First off , sarcasm isn't something some people can detect too easily it appears.   No, one can't surmise from reading 1 article that a kid is a hog lock or not.  But, what I can be positive about is that there are a lot of angles that Coach B could use that could lead to this kid being a possible hog in the future.  Who can't see that?  So, it comes down to whether I wish to be an optimist or a pessimist about it.  Me personally,  I'll always choose to be positive about things.  What good does being negative about something to the point of being a dbag do?

I can't honestly say that I can fathom an institution spending millions on facilities and not caring if the team has a winning season or even wanting them to have one.  I know, some people are still butthurt over Petrino.  But, Long isn't the one that was poking some volleyball chick.   Petrino didn't care about the Hogs or the fans.  He was the biggest dbag of them all.  Now, i will forever be thankful to Petrino for showing everyone that you could win at Arkansas.  I'll be thankful for that.  But, from what I had heard, Petrino would have been kept , everything would have been washed away but Petrino didn't want to accept the sanctions Long was gonna put on him.  I forget what they were now, it was something along the lines of Long wasn't gonna allow Petrino to do off campus recruiting, a slight pay cut and something else.  I can't recall, but it wasn't anything too horribly bad, but Petrino said NO to Jeff Long!!  In case you ever wondered why Jeff Long looked so upset and in shock while giving the press conference to fire Petrino,  that is why.  He was in shock!  He couldn't believe that Petrino basically spit in his face and in the face of Hog fans  because he wouldn't accept what would have just been a slap on the wrists.  Long couldnt have just not done nothing.  How would that have looked to the country if Long did nothing?  We were already going to be killed with the negative  recruiting and then think how bad it was going to be if Long had not issued some sort of punishment?  And that's what Petrino wanted!  He didn't want anything to be done about it!?!?  So, Petrino left Long no choice but to fire him. 

So, if you Mr Zero, or anyone else want to blame someone for Petrino being fired.  Then you need to blame Petrino himself, no one else!  The whole reason of Petrino hiring the girl that wasn't qualified or whatever.  That was just the story they went with as the excuse to fire Petrino. She actually was qualified, she had a masters degree.   In reality tho, Long was going to make it all go away.  But, like I said, Petrino didnt agree with basically an apology to arkansas fans and a slap on the wrist.  So eff  him!  He's gone!  Time to move on from that dirtbag.  Is he a good coach?  Yes.  But a horrible horrible person!  He needed some humbling, and I guess he eventually got it.  Although, I wouldn't doubt if he's back to his old jackwagon ways over at Louisville right now either!  Once a Dbag, always a Dbag!

I personally like Bielema.   He was a successful coach before he came here.  I think he'll be successful again here at arkansas.   It just takes time.  Every year Bielema has been here he has improved his recruiting classes.  I agree with you ZERO about instate recruiting.   Traditionally,  Arkansas has always been good when the instate recruiting has been good, especially and specifically when central Arkansas recruiting has been good.

I was just as disappointed with the late game letdown as anyone else.  But it happens sometimes.  Just look at the superbowl and how it turned out.  Our biggest deficiencies was OL and DL.  But, i'd say mostly OL.  Bielemas entire gameplan is dependent upon having a very strong and capable OLINE and we just disnt have it.  They hadn't quite gelled and it took all year and still weren't quite where everyone had hoped they'd be.  Will they be better for this coming season?  The optimist in me says yes they will be much improved!  Nobody knows until we get to that first game if they are truly better tho. 

As for this player from the OP, the trenchmonster.  Will he be a hog?  Who knows.  Are there chances that could lead to him being a hog?  Yep.  But,   Let's get him on campus and see how it goes from there. Go hogs!

PorkSoda

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on February 14, 2017, 06:50:33 pm
Can you name a player already  committed to a Top 5 program who flipped to Arkansas?
Joe adams
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Medic821

Yup poor little Arkansas dont have a chance to get him... Love the winning attitude.

Medic821

Some folks have way to much time😕

Hollywood870

There have been plenty. What are you talking about? It happens at every school. You want us to go back and research every player that has flipped from another school to Arkansas? Rawleigh and Trey Flowers off the top of my head. I'm sure anyone else could think of a few.

Hollywood870

Pettway flipped. Jericho Nelson flipped.

Hollywood870

Willie Sykes flipped from Nebraska.

greenie

Jared Cornelius flipped from TCU (after flipping from us to TCU...IIRC)

songofthesword

are you serious? it's taken people this long to really respond to this troll? that's nto even a hard question to answer

Joe adams WAS committed to USC utnil signing day and flipped

Ortha Peters was commited to tennessee and flipped to Arkansas

RW3 was committed to ole msis and flipped

Jcorn was committed to Us, then committed to TCU, then recommitted to us

Johnthan williams was commited to missouri then flipped

damian williams was originally commited to florida but flipped when gus became OC

Hollywood870

Otha Peters flipped from Tennessee

Scott7703

Quote from: HamSammich on February 15, 2017, 07:40:27 pm
Give his dad a job. It's working at Michigan

Yep, sleezebaugh hires parents, coaches, other family members, ect to get the kids he gets.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Hollywood870 on February 25, 2017, 03:14:14 pm
Willie Sykes flipped from Nebraska.

What was his reason for leaving? I think he was lined up for playing time, no?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

bennyl08

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on February 26, 2017, 04:11:01 pm
What was his reason for leaving? I think he was lined up for playing time, no?

Well, he would have been in Nebraska... Shouldn't take much to get somebody to leave there.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

FATHAWG08

Quote from: Hollywood870 on February 25, 2017, 03:10:19 pm
There have been plenty. What are you talking about? It happens at every school. You want us to go back and research every player that has flipped from another school to Arkansas? Rawleigh and Trey Flowers off the top of my head. I'm sure anyone else could think of a few.
Read before you Speak Please!!

Can you name a player already  committed to a Top 5 program who flipped to Arkansas?
I love off season Football!!

justmakeit2thebcs

February 27, 2017, 02:31:46 pm #74 Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 02:49:47 pm by justmakeit2thebcs
Quote from: FATHAWG08 on February 27, 2017, 01:17:15 pm

Damien Williams -Florida
Ben Clevland - Florida
DD Jones - Michigan
Joe Adams - USC

hogginbama

Quote from: Medic821 on February 23, 2017, 01:22:12 am
Yup poor little Arkansas dont have a chance to get him... Love the winning attitude.

By this thought pattern of "poor little Arkansas", the cats who say this time and again shouldn't be mad or upset when we lose games or don't sign any highly ranked players. They want to use the excuse of "poor little Arkansas" when it comes to getting a kid to flip for another school, but refuse to use it when recruiting rankings are low or games are lost.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Mike_e

Quote from: Medic821 on February 23, 2017, 01:22:12 am

WHAT?!?!?

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

IronMountainHog

How about this one jack wagon?

JoJo Robinson Commits To Arkansas; Flips From Florida State
Wide Receiver 6'0" 183 lbs. Miami, Florida (Northwestern)

FATHAWG08

Quote from: IronMountainHog on February 27, 2017, 06:32:34 pm
How about this one jack wagon?

JoJo Robinson Commits To Arkansas; Flips From Florida State
Wide Receiver 6'0" 183 lbs. Miami, Florida (Northwestern)
Proud for you Mountain Boy.
I love off season Football!!

PorkSoda

with fans like these, who need enemies
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HogFoo

Thanx guys.  Some people just want to be negative for the sake of being negative.   Don't quite get it.  If we can get this guy to campus, and I  think with his arkansas ties, and the way the coaches will come at him over playing the Nose, i think this kid will be a hog.  Just my opinion.   But, always a chance if they visit. I sure hope he visits.