Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I don't know which is worse (long)

Started by Rhyno_Hawg, September 11, 2005, 08:02:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhyno_Hawg

The fact that we lost, or the fact that I expected us to.

I have always defended HDN, but after the crappy performance against 1 AA SMS last week I caught the HDN show. I don't care what he says about the game when he is narrating the game with Paul. Honestly, he needs to stay positive and build on the good things then. It will do no good to sit there and bad mouth are players and coaches. But what he says to the team is a different story.

That rah, rah speech he gave followed by the team singing the fight song almost made me sick, and I was real worried about Vandy from that point on. There is a time and a place to talk to the team like that, and it sure as hell wasn't after that performance. (and they sure as hell shouldn't have sang the fight song after that) Someone should have looked those players in the eye and told them "this kind of crap doesn't fly at U of A. We only won on the scoreboard. You will get better, or you won't be playing. Get your butts to bed and be here an hour early on Sunday morning. I'm going over to the underwater basket weaving team to see if they need some extra players, cause some of you have no business playing SEC football if you can't even stay on the field with a 1 AA team.

I don't take his Rah-Rah speeches seriously anymore, and it's pretty obvious the players don't either, I'm sure the same thing can be said about his recruiting visits. Folks have a lot more respect for someone that will look them in the eye and tell them the truth.

I have said this season is the final one for Houston to prove he is the coach we thought he was(some of us). I have been on the fence since the last time we lost to KY at home, but I have always tried to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Not anymore. The main reason is he may beat USC, Bama, and AU. But then he will ALWAYS turn around and lose to OM and MSU.

If we take away his two wins over Texass and one over Tenn, and what has he done? Not a damn thing. He has only beaten Bama, Auburn, and LSU when they where down. When those teams are having good years, they've killed us. I won't even mention UGA and FL.

Lets say we make a change. Before we do, we need to sit back from a neutral postion and analyze the negatives and positives.

Right now, the positives greatly out weigh the negatives.

:razorback:

Man, it's going to be a long week, and a real long flight out to LA.  :(