Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you think we could get the coach from Texas Tech to come here

Started by JD Hogg, September 11, 2005, 07:40:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JD Hogg

next year?  Do you think he would be interested in coaching the number 1 high school QB?  Just a thought.  What's yours?

Anti-OtisII

That would be similar to what we have right now.  Great offensive statistics, but NO defense.  We would look really good scoring 30 ppg but giving up 32 ppg, losing half of our conference games, going to a crappy bowl game most of the time, scoring an occasional upset over a ranked opponent, but losing to the Vanderbilts, Kentuckys, and Ole Misses of the world.  Does that sound familiar?

ThisTeetsTaken

I want the next coach to bring a solid defense and an offense that uses the entire field and doesn't just want to dink and dunk it to the sidelines over and over. The next coach better be a proven recruiter or none of his coaching skills will matter anyway.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

JJHog

If he can't win big in the BIg 12 what do you expect in the SEC?It would excite me as a fan to know we could not be stopped offensiviely but the gimmick offenses usually won't beat the top teams and they can't play D
" Think Right, Do Right"

TULAWHOG

Quote from: JJHog on September 11, 2005, 07:52:57 pm
If he can't win big in the BIg 12 what do you expect in the SEC?It would excite me as a fan to know we could not be stopped offensiviely but the gimmick offenses usually won't beat the top teams and they can't play D
Texas Tech is ranked in the top 25...I'm pretty sure Tech wasn't  worth a crap before Leach, even in the Weak 12.  Leach is incredibly offensive savvy... he takes two/three star recruit quaterbacks and gives them 4-5 thousand yards a year.  We need an injection of passing offense that defenses won't laugh at. I'm not positive but I"m pretty sure Leach wouldn't have called a dive play 4 times in a row on the goalline.  A good offense will help the defense and while our defensive talent lacks, I think Herring has a good scheme when he has the players.  Leach would be a big improvement ...don't kid yourselves.  The guy is smart (has his jurisdoctorate), organized and has Texas Tech in the Top 25 with inferior talent...We lose at home with superior talent!