Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vandy coaches knew they had Arkansas beat after the first quarter.

Started by Lanny, September 11, 2005, 04:35:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

The Vandy coaches were shocked after the first quarter that Arkansas did not change any passing routes or show new formations except for the two halfback passes.   The Vandy coaches stated how easy it was to stop the rushing game when they knew where Arkansas was going to run and to not worry about Arkansas throwing the deep ball.

Folks this is a Jr High program at Arkansas, Matt Jones is gone to correct the horrible playcalling by Nutt. 

Nutt must pull a rabbit out of his hat to have a winning season or he is gone in my opinion.

Heath you're next........
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

SultanofSwine

Richard, I could have lived the rest of my life without seeing that pic. >:(

Jerry Swinefeld

Quote from: hSv on September 11, 2005, 04:35:20 pm

Nutt must pull a rabbit out of his hat to have a winning season or he is gone in my opinion.

In my opinion, the following hats have no rabbit in them,

USC
Bama
Georgia
Auburn
LSU

Spurrier may be using the rabbit in the Carolina hat to work his own magic.

Unless Nutt can pull a rabbit out of his ass, he should be gone.
I was a Nutt supporter until last night.
Now I'm just a Razorback athletic supporter.

Arkapigdiesel

There will be no rabbit pulled from the hat this year.  Nutty will be gone and I will celebrate that day.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Biggus Piggus

Now read this.  You will read several Razorback commentators describing how intricate Nutt's offense is.  They don't have the slightest clue what a modern offense is.  All they know is what Nutt and Wittke tell them.  Opposing defensive coaches can fill you in.  Our offense was simplistic in 1998 and is simplistic in 2005.  That's a LONG time in football.  We have not evolved a freaking whit.  This IS the primary problem with this team.  The defense is simply talent poor.  The offense is badly undercoached.
[CENSORED]!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 11, 2005, 06:20:12 pm
The defense is simply talent poor.

How can this be true?  Every year I hear how fabulous our recruits are.  Aren't they?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Biggus Piggus

Fatty, I can hear you chuckling all the way out here in Lost Wages.

We recruited what, zero real defensive ends and middle linebackers for four consecutive years?

We signed two-dozen safeties and still don't have enough?

We can't get tweeners out of our Dline rotation?

The amazing thing is that Nutt let this go on for so [CENSORED] long.
[CENSORED]!

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 11, 2005, 06:26:53 pm

The amazing thing is that Nutt let this go on for so farging long.

Should read, "The amazing thing is that Broyles let this go on for so farging long"

Biggus Piggus

If we're going to have athletic budgets this darned high, somebody's going to have to start running the athletic department in a more professional manner.  It's more likely that the budgets will fall, in line with the performance of our teams.
[CENSORED]!

Cornhogio

The Vandy coaches were shocked after the first quarter that Arkansas did not change any passing routes or show new formations except for the two halfback passes. The Vandy coaches stated how easy it was to stop the rushing game when they knew where Arkansas was going to run and to not worry about Arkansas throwing the deep ball.

Do you have a link to this?  Wow...
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

rebel23

Quote from: Jerry Swinefeld on September 11, 2005, 04:47:33 pm

In my opinion, the following hats have no rabbit in them,

USC
Bama
Georgia
Auburn
LSU

Spurrier may be using the rabbit in the Carolina hat to work his own magic.

Unless Nutt can pull a rabbit out of his ass, he should be gone.
I was a Nutt supporter until last night.
Now I'm just a Razorback athletic supporter.
It doesn't matter, we are a 3-8,4-7 football team. Nutt sucks and I don't see how you supported him at all.

Biggus Piggus

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050911/SPORTS0602/509110404/1036

"Their passing the ball worked in our favor," said Herdley Harrison, the Commodores' starting defensive end. "We wanted them to throw the ball. Early on they were using a lot of play action and the naked (bootleg), and that may have made them more confident in the pass. But when they went to the pass, it fell in our hands."
[CENSORED]!

rebel23

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 11, 2005, 06:20:12 pm
Now read this. You will read several Razorback commentators describing how intricate Nutt's offense is. They don't have the slightest clue what a modern offense is. All they know is what Nutt and Wittke tell them. Opposing defensive coaches can fill you in. Our offense was simplistic in 1998 and is simplistic in 2005. That's a LONG time in football. We have not evolved a freaking whit. This IS the primary problem with this team. The defense is simply talent poor. The offense is badly undercoached.
That is completely true.
I believe that he has concentrated recruiting offense to relieve the heat on him about an offensive coordinator. Just to make himself look better. Our defensive front is a joke in this league. Everyone wants to say that our defensive line and linebackers are all back this year. Who cares, if you suck you suck. The only thing that has changed is that the players now know that they can't get it done. Our new defensive coordinator knows it to. That's why he has tried so many different personnal changes. He knows he doesn't have what he needs.
I completely agree about your comments regarding Matt Jones as well. Matt made things happen that in no way had anything to do with HDN. HDN hurt Matt Jones progress as a football player. If Matt would have went to OU he would probably have been a top10 pick

TULAWHOG

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 11, 2005, 06:51:17 pm
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050911/SPORTS0602/509110404/1036

"Their passing the ball worked in our favor," said Herdley Harrison, the Commodores' starting defensive end. "We wanted them to throw the ball. Early on they were using a lot of play action and the naked (bootleg), and that may have made them more confident in the pass. But when they went to the pass, it fell in our hands."

Our passing game is a JOKE...that's to defensive coordinators and defensive players alike.  We don't even let our our quaterback throw deep and when we did, we had to use our fullback and WR to throw deep.  It's fricking pathetic!  The defense wants us to throw because they know that the route will be an out or a curl....it's easy to defend.  We have a 6-6 WR that runs 4.5 but we won't throw a go or vertical route to him....nah, that's just a little too liberal.  Our passing game is revolting and it's not RJ's fault.  He actually played pretty well considering his offensive coordinator puts him in terrible play-calling scenarios and begs the defense to squat on all of our routes because they are all outs and curls and they know we won't throw the ball deep or across the middle. 
Our passing game will work in every defenses favor...to say it's elementary is a gross understatement.  BTW, we need Chris Baker back for the love of short passes!!!!!

Biggus Piggus

TULAWHOG, I agree with you.  I think Johnson is a better player than the results show.  He and the whole team are held back by the backwardness of our coaching staff.  They came in with a steep learning curve and have never caught up.  It does not work to distribute offensive decisionmaking among three plus people.  This thing done failed.
[CENSORED]!

Macgyver_Hawg

RJ only looked good on the rollout.  He isn't able to sit in the pocket and throw as well.

TULAWHOG

Quote from: MacGyver Hawg on September 11, 2005, 07:27:51 pm
RJ only looked good on the rollout. He isn't able to sit in the pocket and throw as well.

I agree he looks better on the rollout but come on...how many passes were called where he could sit in the pocket and throw? Furthermore, it doesn't matter how good of a pocket passer you are if you always run the same routes and the defense knows it and are actually imploring us to throw the ball.  RJ did look a little shaky at times but that's to be expected with his limited experience but overall he did pretty well considering the play calling handicapped him.  We really don't know if RJ can stay in the pocket and throw down field b/c in two games we haven't seen it, not once (save for the interception but that was a one-receiver route and his second pass of the season).
I still say the coaches had a worse game than the players.  I also think our offensive scheme is vanilla, predictable, lacks ingenuity, boring and embarrassing!