Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wait a second...

Started by HogHeathen, September 11, 2005, 04:02:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogHeathen

What if, what if we somehow win next week?  I know...I personally believe it will be USC -38, but what if!?!  Do we all the sudden say, $hit man we just beat the #1 fricken team in the nation.  Do we still think he should be fired? (I do, by the way)  Your thoughts??  Remember I'm a realist, not a pessimist nor an optimist.

PigMan

It is not going to happen.  I wish for it but I do not expect it.

TulsaHogFan

We still fire him, in my opinion the only way he salvages his job is to win out.  Beating great teams is not going to substitute for the fact that he still lost to the worst SEC team in the nation.

hogbalz

I agree Tulsa. We need to beat the SEC teams.
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

pioneerhog

Hell yes he should still be fired. The best chance we have of beating USC is if they come out thinking "Well they got beat by Vandy last week so we will just walk right over them", but even then it will still be hard.

B Ray

Why fire someone for winning or losing just one game. If you can't win consistently ,you need to be gone ..If he wins next week ,he'll just end up losing to Bama

rzrbacknTX

The only way Nutt saves his ass is if he finshes with a winning record inthe conference.  I doubt that will happen.

mikeirwin

Quote from: HogHeathen on September 11, 2005, 04:02:52 pm
What if, what if we somehow win next week? I know...I personally believe it will be USC -38, but what if!?! Do we all the sudden say, $hit man we just beat the #1 fricken team in the nation. Do we still think he should be fired? (I do, by the way) Your thoughts?? Remember I'm a realist, not a pessimist nor an optimist.
How would that happen ?
Leinart is better than Cutler.
Leinart's receivers are a lot better than Vandy's.
Leinart's offensive line is much much better than Vandy's.
USC's defense is much much much better than Vandy's.
Are pigs suddenly going to fly ?
Will the sun move west to east ?
Will a strange disease hit Southern California and only affect large football players wearing Trojan helmets ?

HogHeathen

Quote from: mikeirwin on September 11, 2005, 04:37:39 pm
What if, what if we somehow win next week? I know...I personally believe it will be USC -38, but what if!?! Do we all the sudden say, $hit man we just beat the #1 fricken team in the nation. Do we still think he should be fired? (I do, by the way) Your thoughts?? Remember I'm a realist, not a pessimist nor an optimist.
How would that happen ?
Will a strange disease hit Southern California and only affect large football players wearing Trojan helmets ?

Mike,  Read the post a little closer my friend.

Lando Calrissian

I remember hearing a funny statement on ESPN radio (I think during the Dan Patrick show) during last football season.

It was about half-way through the NFL season, and they were trying to determine, basically, the "power rankings" in the NFL.  Ya know.  Patriots #1.  Colts #2 etc etc

They finally came to the conclusion that USC was the 14th best NFL team last year.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Big_D

How would that happen ?

A M E N  to that, what a great comeback to that nonsense post

HogHeathen

Quote from: Big_D on September 11, 2005, 04:42:04 pm
How would that happen ?

A M E N to that, what a great comeback to that nonsense post

Your missing the point!!!!!!!

HogHeathen

Big D and Mike,

YOUR MISSING THE POINT OF THE POST!!!!

Adam Stokes

It seems our eyes have been opened about how bad he's been his entire career at Arkansas as soon as we lost.  An upset won't help much anyways. 

HogHeathen

Let me state clearly...If we were to win (and the moons aligned at once) then do we all start saying eveything is o.k. and we don't think HDN should be canned??

SultanofSwine

Big_D

If  if's and but's were candy and nuts we would all have a very merry Christmas   

and
     if bullfrogs had wings they wouldn't bump their A_ _ everytime they jump.

Stop if ing and start doing, excuses are just another way of saying I failed to do the job.   Period.

Macgyver_Hawg

So he could beat the number one team in the nation but can't beat Vanderbilt at home?  You don't think something is wrong there too?

I like the guy, but I think you could give him ALL the USC Trojan players and he would still lose at least 2 games a year.  That's just how it is with him.  There would be 2 games they would not show up for.  That's what gets me the most.

Doug

Out of the 29 coaches that the University of Arkansas has had since 1894, 9 have had better records than HDN.  19 have had worse.

Houston Nutt / 1998 to 2005 / 54-34-0 (0.614)

A whopping 17 of those losing record coaches were not around for any longer than 4 years, which proves that We do not want mediocracy with this team.  HDN has been given the rod for way too long, and now he's giving us the shaft.

The exception:
Fred Thomson / 1929 to 1941 / 56-61-10 (0.479)

Nutt is going right along that same path as Fred Thompson did.  On the other hand... even FJB knew how to win, having been our winningest coach ever...
Frank Broyles / 1958 to 1976 / 143-58-5 (0.711)

FYI, stats are pulled from http://www.hogville.net/coaches.php
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

bigred7987

quite frankly...Sure Vandy hurts because of our ego and who they are....but it really has no implications in the west if we go out and beat teams in our division. 

AFWarrior83

We should still cut our losses after this season and fire Nutt, only way I would let him stay if if we still pulled out 8 wins this year, which won't happen! Bye Bye Nutty!
Hogville member since 2005.

Hawgzilla

Hell we cant beat USC'S 3rd team................I'm sure they are licking their lips for playing time this week.........

mikeirwin

Quote from: HogHeathen on September 11, 2005, 04:44:19 pm
Big D and Mike,

I understand the point. I don't like to speculate about things that have virtually zero chance of happening.
If the Hogs win I'll appear here and apologize to you.

HogHeathen

Quote from: mikeirwin on September 11, 2005, 05:16:32 pm
Quote from: HogHeathen on September 11, 2005, 04:44:19 pm
Big D and Mike,

I understand the point. I don't like to speculate about things that have virtually zero chance of happening.
If the Hogs win I'll appear here and apologize to you.

I give up!  Your still not gettin it.

HawgWild

September 11, 2005, 05:30:29 pm #24 Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 05:35:14 pm by HawgWild
It's gonna be ugly. We can't stop the perennial doormat of the SEC, what makes anyone think that we can stop USC!? The moment that USC steps on the field, the game is over.

USC    56
HDN   10

However, to answer your question. YES...fire HDN, but it will not happen unless the Boosters force Frank Broyles hand. I still like HDN, as a person, but think that it is time for a change. He's done all that he can do and now it is time for some new leadership.

Biggus Piggus

If the Hogs by a miracle were to win any big game this season, it would still be Danny Ford syndrome, losing a game against a doormat.

I am tired of the Razorbacks, in football, basketball or whatever, looking FLAT ASS BACKWARDS in the way they play the game.  Basic competence.  Is it too much to ask?
[CENSORED]!

pioneerhog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 11, 2005, 06:23:57 pm
I am tired of the Razorbacks, in football, basketball or whatever, looking FLAT ASS BACKWARDS in the way they play the game. Basic competence. Is it too much to ask?
They could learn quite a bit from the Track Team.

Hog Ma n Pop

"What if" is the life support system for razorback football.  What if I continued to purchased a product that I wasn't satisfied with, would I still be supporting year after year.  No.  HDN is a coach for the sunbelt conference.  It's sad to say that this will only continue because our athletic program will settled for failure.  Why should any player or COACH have to ask fans to cheer!  Look at Florida for example, I don't think Zook even had enough time to find a home in Gainsville before he was job hunting. That's a program that demands results, not crap.
"If I had a Prozac right now the size of Alabama I would chew that fu*ker till dawn." - Phyllis from Mulga

HogHeathen

Quote from: Hog Ma n Pop on September 11, 2005, 06:45:15 pm
"What if" is the life support system for razorback football. What if I continued to purchased a product that I wasn't satisfied with, would I still be supporting year after year. No. HDN is a coach for the sunbelt conference. It's sad to say that this will only continue because our athletic program will settled for failure. Why should any player or COACH have to ask fans to cheer! Look at Florida for example, I don't think Zook even had enough time to find a home in Gainsville before he was job hunting. That's a program that demands results, not crap.

That's the kind of reply I've been lookin for...Good reply!!!

toshortrock

what da hell,,if we win,,we will lose by  50
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Hog Ma n Pop

What if we go to USC, stick our flag in the ground and leave. This wouldn't mark victory, but only two months of losses.  I am a huge fan that's sick of vomiting on the sidewalk after leaving our stadium.  Since all of us were children we were taught only to win.  Fans become disgusted when we fell we have no control!
"If I had a Prozac right now the size of Alabama I would chew that fu*ker till dawn." - Phyllis from Mulga

Biggus Piggus

This thing has gone far beyond the few message board posters who have been identified as Nutt critics for years and years.  People are coming out of the woodwork to express their frustration.  All who want better for the Razorbacks are welcome, even those who have violently criticized Nutt-nonbelievers over the years.
[CENSORED]!

Hog Ma n Pop

Biggus I am a first time member as of today. I have read many of your posts, which are always interesting. Who is the Ans?  I do not dislike HDN, but am very dissatisfied

Macgyver_Hawg

Biggus, the media can say that message boards aren't reflections of the average fan but they are wrong on so many levels.  I hear more negative than positive from people who are financially well off and have never been on an internet message board in their life.  I've been hearing this for a few seasons now.

Biggus Piggus

Hoop, I'm glad you did.  I harkened back to Danny Ford because that's what he did in 1995, lost to an SMU team that finished 1-10, won the SEC West.  Hey, the optimists can latch onto that precedent.  Hey, I can be of service to everyone.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

I am tired of our coaches having to be beaten into changing the stupid things they are doing.  From Hatfield on down.
[CENSORED]!

rebel23

Quote from: bigred7987 on September 11, 2005, 05:01:16 pm
quite frankly...Sure Vandy hurts because of our ego and who they are....but it really has no implications in the west if we go out and beat teams in our division.
We cannot beat Springdale HS. Get your head out. We stink. We just lost to Vanderbilt. We are probable the worst team in the SEC. We stink. We lost at home to Vandy.

tophawg19

frustration is alive and well in ark. B.P  are we nutt critics i thought we were dark siders . i see some of our critics are now on the darkside . some who were very vocal to the point of saying we didn't know much about football . this was like Katrina you could see it coming for a while .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Biggus Piggus

I refuse to allow anybody to disregard legitimate views by assigning them a throwaway label like "Darksider."  It's never right to refuse to be open to ideas.
[CENSORED]!