Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt got his wish, dropped florida and was finally allowed to play Vandy at home

Started by Lanny, September 11, 2005, 10:02:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Fantastic, last night's loss may help to forget about the Ofer Octobers the past two years.  Losing to Vanderbilt at home is inexcusable, why is this bozo allowed to remain on the sideline?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

texhog

As a Vandy alumnus, and a lifelong Hog fan, I am torn today.  I am elated for Vandy.  They finally got what I would call a "quality" win which has been elusive.  And as I expected, all the posts here are of gloom and doom about the state of Ark football.  I tried to warn you guys that Vandy has several games each year in the SEC that they almost win.  Usually though, Vandy is the team with a lead after 3 quarters, and the opponent wakes up, realizes it's Vandy on the other side, and come's back to win.  Do not despair.  Vandy is not the worst team in div 1A.  Just the bottom of the SEC barrel.  All I can say to Arkansas is......welcome to the bottom of the barrel.  Now you know what it feels like to be a Vandy fan, if even for just a week.  I'm sure Vandy will probably go out next week and get rolled by Ole Miss, and wouldn't be surprised if Ark plays USC tougher than everyone thinks right now.

NuttsSacked

Because the power brokers don't understand the term "inexusable".  I'd love to work for one of those clowns.   

WindyCityHog

Quote from: RedRazor on September 11, 2005, 10:30:23 am
Hsv, why do you guys have J.Crowe's name in your system to whenever we type his full name it comes out as the Grim Reaper of Arkansas Football? Its like Russia man...I agree with you but you need to take that off

....and replace it with Houston Nutt....

I awoke this morning with a bastard of a hangover.....got drug to Mass with the missus....and now I'm just depressed....

What to look forward to for my sports fix?  At least the NFL is on today, and my Cowboys are going to....never mind.  They suck too.

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

RebelliousHog

Just testing. You're right. That is silly. Stopping profanity is one thing. This is just silly.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

RebelliousHog

jkstock04

Good observation hsv, I too can remember vividly last year nutt whining because we didn't have vanderbilt on our schedule....wonder if he's glad we had 'em on the schedule now???
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Lanny

Yea, the Grim Reaper of Arkansas Football can no longer be associated with Jack Crowe.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

3kgthog

We won't feel like Vandy fans for just this week. It'll continue next week when USC molests and pisses on us like R. Kelly.  Then the next week Bama and their pocket QB are going to pick our D apart while our constant running up the middle is stuffed by what is usually a tough Bama line.  The only relief is LA-Monroe and I have to say, if they can pass and hang around, they've got a shot at beating us. 

dirty stanchez

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 11, 2005, 11:39:36 am
We won't feel like Vandy fans for just this week. It'll continue next week when USC molests and pisses on us like R. Kelly.

Awesome.

That line is awe inspiring.

Btw, Bust Nutt!

Flatfoot

HDN asked for Vandy and he Got it.  Right in the ass!  I wonder if Nutt wants to bring back Florida on the schedule now?
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: flatfoot304 on September 11, 2005, 01:09:40 pm
HDN asked for Vandy and he Got it.  Right in the ass!  I wonder if Nutt wants to bring back Florida on the schedule now?

Urban Meyer would've violated us. . . . . repeatedly. ;D

But at least everyone would've been able to say: Look at Florida, they were supposed to smack us around.  Losing to Vandy is like having the shortest kid with glasses in your grade whipping your arse at lunch.  It is unacceptable.  Even if the kid was taking boxing lessons from his uncle Dilbert. ;D

tophawg19

the funny thing is how many board members laughed at us when we warned them that this could happen . i did think the hogs would win close but now everyone is seeing what we already had seen . now if JFB would just listen .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

RBLtoHOG

I dont know why yal are surprised..... it seems like hog tradition...... lose to or almost lose to now so good teams and play the top ranked teams like we are in the NC game.... I wont be surprised at all if we play USC and Bama real close and then come out and barely pull one off against Monroe (even though bama didnt look so hot themselved last night)
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Jerry Swinefeld

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 11, 2005, 10:36:06 am
Good observation hsv, I too can remember vividly last year nutt whining because we didn't have vanderbilt on our schedule....wonder if he's glad we had 'em on the schedule now???

Yes, and Vandy vividly remembered it too.  Their offensive line coach said that it was a huge motivator for them.