Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas fans at the game

Started by JamesWParks, September 11, 2005, 02:45:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesWParks

Absolutely unbelievable.  I am sickened to be a part of the razorback community right now, absolutely sickened.

Everyone around the game was blaming the refs for this and that... well the refs didn't allow Vandy to come back from a 24-13 deficit, and the refs didn't allow Vandy to outgain arkansas 381 to 185 after the third quarter.

And I've had 4 friends who were at the come call me and tell me they saw people throwing bottles into the huddles of vanderbilt players after the game, even during their kneel-down prayers.

This is a harsh awakining for Nutt.  The horrid playcalling hasn't looked so bad the past couple of years because he had Matt Jones to reverse field and do the impossible.  Now he has to use *gasp* actual strategy to win games, and he couldn't.

Arkansas had the ball plenty of times in the fourth quarter with plenty of chances to get some insurance points, or to at least run out more time. Houston Nutt was clueless and put Arkansas in the position to lose, and the more experienced team came out on top.

Vandy was more under control and much more disciplined that the Razorbacks, and that showed with both the Vandy offense and Defense doing just enough to stay in the game at all times, and put the game in the hands of Jay Cutler with time running out, and it works for the 2nd straight week.

You had to have seen it coming.. Many people I work with can back me up on this..  It was an obvious pick ever for me ever since Vandy beat Wake on the road last week. 

I read these boards often, but rarely post.. but I had to get in tonight.

For the record, I am not ashamed at losing to Vanderbilt, nor should any of you.  They didn't have the better athletes, but they had better coaching and better experience.  They played a tougher team in week 1 than Arkansas and was far more prepared.  This win for Vanderbilt is like a national title for their fans.  It's absolutely huge.

It should be obvious to everyone after this game that Houston Nutt should not call plays.  He had, as always, some obscure draw plays, and never used his outside running talent to their full potential (Jones and McFadden).  It's up the middle run, pass left, and pass right for arkansas... it's just crazy.

And the fans.. just made me sick tonight.  I'm glad they brought a good crowd tonight and hung in there, but how they acted during the waning minutes is just unclassy and is an absolute embarassment.
Go Colts, Go Hogs

lunchbox72703

i agree with you except for one part, and you have to trust me on this...Vanderbilt never knelt and prayed.  They simply flipped off our student section.  The bottles were meant for the ref's.  With that being said though, you are right, it was a sad commentary on our fans.

Lanny

This coaching staff is an embarrassment.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

JamesWParks

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on September 11, 2005, 02:49:56 am
i agree with you except for one part, and you have to trust me on this...Vanderbilt never knelt and prayed. They simply flipped off our student section. The bottles were meant for the ref's. With that being said though, you are right, it was a sad commentary on our fans.

Thanks for clearup.  Like I said, I'm not exactly 100% sure what happened... but regardless, no foreign objects should enter the field at any time for any reason, in my opinion.
Go Colts, Go Hogs

dirty stanchez

lunchbox72703

there was a girl there that was on the bottom row (for the wheel chair bound fans) in front of the student section.  She was hit in the head with a glass whiskey bottle that was thrown from the top row.  Her head was split open and she had to go to the hospital.  I don't mind saying this, but I am a springdale police officer who worked the game tonight.  We had orders to stop an uprising of fans against the refs.  I'm not kidding on this.  If you were near the student section, you might have noticed the massive line up of cops on the field.  I was part of this.  I will be honest with you all, 90% of us were scared to death.  We actually thought that the emotion was so high that 100 cops would be facing 60,000 plus people.  On a lighter note, you should have seen the head ref, when he was running by us to get to the tunnel, he looked as if he shitte his pants.  He was petrified.  !!!!

studhog

I was in the student section tonight (5Th row) and bottles where coming not only form the students, nothing was thrown around me most students around me are also hardcore fans and would not go that low. Most of the people who threw stuff are not true fans of the hogs but only show up to be seen by their peers and should be ashamed of them selves. So please don't go around saying that the students where throwing stuff because my peers (the ones that show up before the gate opens up) know better then that.  The throwing of objects is down right horrible and makes me sick.
"It appears that tickets are mailed with the social security checks." - Pigpenner

lunchbox72703

i'm not sure, but I think some of the bottle either came from Hog Heaven, or should I venture to say, the SUITES!!!!!

mikeirwin

Quote from: CabotHog on September 11, 2005, 03:19:10 am
Quote from: lunchbox72703 on September 11, 2005, 03:15:48 am
there was a girl there that was on the bottom row (for the wheel chair bound fans) in front of the student section. She was hit in the head with a glass whiskey bottle that was thrown from the top row. Her head was split open and she had to go to the hospital. I don't mind saying this, but I am a springdale police officer who worked the game tonight. We had orders to stop an uprising of fans against the refs. I'm not kidding on this. If you were near the student section, you might have noticed the massive line up of cops on the field. I was part of this. I will be honest with you all, 90% of us were scared to death. We actually thought that the emotion was so high that 100 cops would be facing 60,000 plus people. On a lighter note, you should have seen the head ref, when he was running by us to get to the tunnel, he looked as if he shitte his pants. He was petrified. !!!!

Thats who I saw get hit then. It happened right after the interception to end the game. I thought it was an usher.
Yea. I saw you guys. It was pretty freaky.
I got a good look at the whiskey bottle. An empty bottle of Jack. I still believe that somebody on the upper deck had to see who threw that. 

lunchbox72703

one of the officers did....problem was....every officer was guarding the refs on the field.  No one could get up to the upper side to ge the guy.  Stadium has cameras though, we'll get'em!!

studhog

I just don't wanna see this turn into a "blame the students for everything thread" as far as the "massive line of cops" I did not see that many, and I only seen 2 come into the stands near the end of the game they went past the students and were not looking in the student section at all
"It appears that tickets are mailed with the social security checks." - Pigpenner

lunchbox72703

actually, it wasn't a student that anyone saw.  I personally didn't see a bottle one come from the student section.  The student section was vocal, (hell yeah!!!) but polite they were.  It was the upper deck or Suites that caused the problem.  One guy in near the vanderbilt fan section hurled a media guide though.  He actually hit a Vandy player.  I know this is bad, but that was kinda impressive  LOL, being it was a magazine and all......

lunchbox72703

no, Nutts playbook doesn't carry enoough weight to go that far!!!!   (that's mean, i know)

VandyHog

I sit on the opposite side of the stadium, but everything was pretty peaceful on our side.  Everyone was too stunned.  The only outburst was when everyone saw Nutt walking across the field and started chanting "Nutt you Suck"

razorback44

Quote from: VandyHog on September 11, 2005, 04:20:54 am
I sit on the opposite side of the stadium, but everything was pretty peaceful on our side. Everyone was too stunned. The only outburst was when everyone saw Nutt walking across the field and started chanting "Nutt you Suck"

Are you serious...I was in the indoor clubs, so we couldn't hear anything, but I can't believe that people actually did that.  But, I guess some of our fans did throw actual glass bottles, so why put that past some people.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

SloppinItandLovnIt

I dont really hold Houston responsible for this loss. Some possitives I took from the game is the QB question was answered, RJ really stepped up from where he was even last week. I do not agree with giving the ball to Hillis 4 times in a row on the goal line when you have a QB that has proven he can put the ball in the air. Vandy never quit tonight and I give them credit. I just hate to see they finally earned a road game against us. But as for our fans, it's a complete and total disgrace the way they conducted themselves. I have always thought Arkansas fans were a bunch of fair weather cry babies regardless of what sport we are talking about. But throwing bottles and hurting people over a F*&*ing game is not excuseable. Say what you will about the coaching staff, and team its your right as a ticket holder and fan. But throwing stuff at the other team, and their fans who just came there to enjoy the game just shows to the rest of the world how stupid we can be. Not that its justified but against Texas or Ole Miss I could see why fans could get so upset. But Vandy??? A perennial looser in the SEC. Give them a break and let them enjoy their victory. These people have to be great fans to travel from Nashville to be with us and enjoy the game to see their team get blown out each and every week. I bothers me to think, how much damage a whiskey bottle can do. The damn idiots that threw it get to come back and watch the GAME next time they are in Fayetteville. The person getting hit in the head, was lucky because that could have been their last if they got hit right. Complete Disgrace and those responsible should be ashamed of themselves for their actions and dont deserve to watch a game if it is going to have that affect on them.
Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

Lt.Dangle

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on September 11, 2005, 03:42:21 am
no, Nutts playbook doesn't carry enoough weight to go that far!!!! (that's mean, i know)
Beach ball stop posting at 0400hrs your supposed to be my relief. Lol this is why you cant come in till 1000.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: SloppinItandLovnIt on September 11, 2005, 06:28:26 am
I dont really hold Houston responsible for this loss. Some possitives I took from the game is the QB question was answered, RJ really stepped up from where he was even last week. I do not agree with giving the ball to Hillis 4 times in a row on the goal line when you have a QB that has proven he can put the ball in the air. Vandy never quit tonight and I give them credit. I just hate to see they finally earned a road game against us. But as for our fans, it's a complete and total disgrace the way they conducted themselves. I have always thought Arkansas fans were a bunch of fair weather cry babies regardless of what sport we are talking about. But throwing bottles and hurting people over a F*&*ing game is not excuseable. Say what you will about the coaching staff, and team its your right as a ticket holder and fan. But throwing stuff at the other team, and their fans who just came there to enjoy the game just shows to the rest of the world how stupid we can be. Not that its justified but against Texas or Ole Miss I could see why fans could get so upset. But Vandy??? A perennial looser in the SEC. Give them a break and let them enjoy their victory. These people have to be great fans to travel from Nashville to be with us and enjoy the game to see their team get blown out each and every week. I bothers me to think, how much damage a whiskey bottle can do. The damn idiots that threw it get to come back and watch the GAME next time they are in Fayetteville. The person getting hit in the head, was lucky because that could have been their last if they got hit right. Complete Disgrace and those responsible should be ashamed of themselves for their actions and dont deserve to watch a game if it is going to have that affect on them.
Houston, is that you? Seriously, we were outplayed and outcoached. We had the game well in hand and our defense could not adjust when their offense changed a few things. Be assured of one thing. The "good" Wake Forest team that these guys beat last week got hammered by a mediocre Nebraska team this week. We did not get beat by a good team. They were well coached, but they will not win the East. RJ is still trying to get confidence and to take the ball out of his hands on third and six, when a simple out pattern would have closed out the game was inexcusable. Then you send him out and with 30 seconds left and he throws an int, now that will build confidence. Worst non HS coaching I have ever witnessed. OK I promised myself I would not too wound up, so I'll quit.WPS
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

SloppinItandLovnIt

Obviously you havent watched that much football Porcine.
Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

SloppinItandLovnIt

Funny thing is your all blaming things on Houston, that falls squarely on the shoulders of Reggie Harring. You people are just looking for a fall guy, and Houston is it. Why not blame the players that couldnt make the coverages, why not blame the DC that didnt make the adjustments. Why not see the fact that Jay Cutler is the best f****** QB in the SEC. Everyone is calling for HDN's job, but honestly who would want to coach at this sh*thole school with fans like this. Face it people, it doesnt matter if we have Bill By Damn Parcells at the helm this school nor this team will ever be a perinial power house. We are to small, our recruiting base is small as anyone in the conference, and we have winner fans out there that throw bottles and hurt ushers. Everyone outside the state of Arkansas speaks highly of Nutt. Nutt could go to a program with some tradition and make it a national power house whether you people want to admit it or not. And all of you talk like you know so much about football, when the actuality is most of you have never seen the stripes of a football field aside from your Highschool days at Robert E. Lee Highschool in beautiful Pig vomit, Arkansas. Houston and JFB know more about football in their left knuckle then half of you people will ever know in your entire lives. You just need to accept the loss, and actually pull for the team against USC coming up next week instead of b&m about what happened this week.

Buck Ocean

QuoteShe was hit in the head with a glass whiskey bottle that was thrown from the top row.

Before anyone goes any farther.....it wasn't me this time.

I had a plastic whiskey bottle.....and I didn't throw it on the field.  I threw it to Frank.

Think like a Jedi

Buck Ocean

QuoteJay Cutler is the best f****** QB in the SEC.

....that we'll face this season.

If Chris Leak came to town we'd be cheering for Florida for the mere fact of breaking all-time single game college records.
Think like a Jedi

JamesWParks

Frick... I had a long post but then it made me log in and after I did it said "you don't have permission to post on this board."

So anyway, basically it was houston sucks, herring sucks.. blah.. I'm tired.  Damn that was a good post too.
Go Colts, Go Hogs

PorcineSublime

Quote from: SloppinItandLovnIt on September 11, 2005, 07:57:55 am
Obviously you havent watched that much football Porcine.
I was watching FB when your momma was dating your daddy son, I'm freaking old ;) . You could lecture me on a lot of things, but FB history is not one of them. I appreciate your love of the Hogs. I  love them too. But do not cofuse my aggrevation with the current state of the Hogs with my support. I will chalk up your blind support of HDN to youthful exuberance, but trust me this team is in decline and will continue to do so until he either changes his maniacal need for control at every level, or he leaves. I think he could be a good coach, if he would hire SEC caliber AC's and get out of their way. Thing is I could be dead wrong, you could be dead wrong, or we could both be a little right. That is what message boards are for, getting it out of your system. NO offense intended. Keep the faith.WPS
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Joe Davis (USS Razorback)

I am ashamed that anyone in Arkansas' supporters would throw anything.  I saw the Michigan faithful do it earlier in the day and was po'ed about that too. 

They will find out who did it.  Camera's will show it or a season ticket person will report them.  Sad thing is that Houston will step in and bail the guy out.  No not because he was justified in throwing the bottle . . . because he has the best arm on the campus and will start next week.

arkhogdog61

sloppinit you can say what you want but it was all houston, running the same play 4 times from the one and running 2 trick plays when we were moving the ball it was just BAD COACHING PERIOD!
IF YOU CAN"T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH!

junkyardhog

Quote from: Buck Ocean on September 11, 2005, 08:04:31 am
QuoteShe was hit in the head with a glass whiskey bottle that was thrown from the top row.

Before anyone goes any farther.....it wasn't me this time.

I had a plastic whiskey bottle.....and I didn't throw it on the field.  I threw it to Frank.

now, that's some funny darn.

HogFather

Quote from: SloppinItandLovnIt on September 11, 2005, 08:03:42 am
Funny thing is your all blaming things on Houston, that falls squarely on the shoulders of Reggie Harring. You people are just looking for a fall guy, and Houston is it. Why not blame the players that couldnt make the coverages, why not blame the DC that didnt make the adjustments. Why not see the fact that Jay Cutler is the best f****** QB in the SEC. Everyone is calling for HDN's job, but honestly who would want to coach at this sh*thole school with fans like this. Face it people, it doesnt matter if we have Bill By Damn Parcells at the helm this school nor this team will ever be a perinial power house. We are to small, our recruiting base is small as anyone in the conference, and we have winner fans out there that throw bottles and hurt ushers. Everyone outside the state of Arkansas speaks highly of Nutt. Nutt could go to a program with some tradition and make it a national power house whether you people want to admit it or not. And all of you talk like you know so much about football, when the actuality is most of you have never seen the stripes of a football field aside from your Highschool days at Robert E. Lee Highschool in beautiful Pig vomit, Arkansas. Houston and JFB know more about football in their left knuckle then half of you people will ever know in your entire lives. You just need to accept the loss, and actually pull for the team against USC coming up next week instead of b&m about what happened this week.

Hey Houston... sorry for blaming you... I thought you were calling the plays.  If I would have known Reggie was calling the offensive plays then I would have blamed him, and not you.   By the way great job on punching the ball in from the 1/2 yard line.  Great job on running the time off the clock on our final drive.  We probably could have used those 24 seconds...dumba$$.   It doesn't matter how impressed you are with the quarterback play.  If the quarterback play was so good and we still lost to Vandy, then what does it matter??  Good job on trying to run a sweep with a 4.5. runner (D-Howard).  Heaven forbid you try to run a sweep with a 4.3 or 4.4 speed (Jones and McFadden).

Oh yeah, before you blame your assistant coaches, make sure you spell their names correctly By Damn.

HogFather

this sh*thole school

Why don't you go jump off a bridge.  You call yourself a Razorback fan and you have the nerve to trash Arkansas.   What a Pr*ck. 

RebelliousHog

I wish I was that girls lawyer. Can you spell ..............LAWSUIT!!!!
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Hogpkins

ASHAMED!  That's the word I kept using last night to describe how I felt.  Ashamed to be an Arkansas fan.

I too saw one of the victims on the way out of the stadium last night.  It was a woman in a black smock (I assume either an usher or a concessions worker).  She was riding in an EMT golf cart.  Her escorts, a policeman and medical personnel, said she was hit in the head by a bottle thrown from the student section.

I was sitting in the student section, and I've seen stuff get thrown from there before.  That OUTRAGES me.  And if they find out who was throwing glass bottles, I think they should be TRIED AND CONVICTED OF ATTEMPTED MURDER.  I'm 25 years old and I get drunk before, during, and after the games with the best of them.  But there's NO WAY I would EVER be stupid enough, or cruel enough, to throw something (other than my worthless ticket maybe).

Other students in the student section should realize how outrageous it is to throw stuff.  I'm a small guy; wish I was bigger.  But if I ever catch someone throwing something, I'm liable to try to throw that person off the deck myself.  Seriously, I know that it's only a few bad apples.  So the rest of the good apples need to help police that darn.  When you see someone throwing a bottle, you need to go break their face.  Take out some of your anger on these perpetrators.  Make these bratty, fit-throw, temper-tantrum [CENSORED] wake up in the hospital.  It's either them or some innocent lady.  Or it could be you getting hit by the next bottle.

Smithian

Although I don't like stuff top be thrown, I am proud of the crowd noise. That stadium on that 3rd and 26 was AMAZINGLY loud. Late in  the game, I was one of many who really was broken hearted by all those bad calls and really couldn't get to loud.

AnthroHog

I was in the front row with my friends in the student section.  As we were leaving my friend (a 5 foot and 100 pound Korean girl) gets hit in the head with a full bottle of Dasani.  Now I know that had to come from the student section because we were sitting on the five yard line during the game and that is pretty much smack dab in the middle of the student section.  No one would around us would tell us where the bottle came from. 

My question is why were all the student affairs people and a few cops there staring up into the crowd and at us during the game?  It is one thing to be there in the fourth quarter when the game is about to end, but it is an entirely different animal when they are there from pretty much the start of the game.  I had waited outside from 11:30 in the morning only to have those people standing in front of me the entire game pretty much staring at the crowd.  If they had been able to do one thing about the person that threw the bottle then it would be one thing, but they didn't.

bigred7987

Quotedont really hold Houston responsible for this loss. Some possitives I took from the game is the QB question was answered, RJ really stepped up from where he was even last week. I do not agree with giving the ball to Hillis 4 times in a row on the goal line when you have a QB that has proven he can put the ball in the air
agreed....This one is on Herring not Nutt...people are just looking for a fall guy. 

cityhog

Everyone outside the state of Arkansas speaks highly of Nutt. Nutt could go to a program with some tradition and make it a national power house whether you people want to admit it or not.

I welcome his going to another program at this point.  PLEASE HDN prove me wrong.  And by the way we DO have tradition and we WERE a powerhouse, but it's been so long that if you were born after 1981, you wouldn't remember it.  There was a time when NO ONE wanted to play us.

DarkHelmet

Funny thing is your all blaming things on Houston, that falls squarely on the shoulders of Reggie Harring. You people are just looking for a fall guy, and Houston is it. Why not blame the players that couldnt make the coverages

so who was it that recruited these sorry ass players again?
its clear that herring is doing everything he can.. we know that with marginal to decent talent he can produce a great defense (NC state).  its just that our defensive players suck so *** bad that even herring cant get them to stop anybody.

JamesWParks

Why was Houston Nutt brought in to begin with?  He was 4-7 at his one season at Boise State, and look what Boise has done since he left.

But, regardless, he was brought in and he has been here for a lot longer than I ever thought he would be.  As far as playcalling goes, we've known it's been bad for quite a while, but now it really shows.  Nutt doesn't have Jones to scramble in the pocket and make a 15 yard gain out of a potential 10 yard loss.  So now when he screws up royally on a play call, it has a huge impact.

Herring:  Ok, yes, the defense should NOT have allowed Vanderbilt to come back from 24-13, but they did.  Herring has been highly publicized, but we're going to have to face the facts.  It takes more than a defensive coordinator to turn things around.  We just lost to a Vanderbilt team who lived for 3rd down conversions, or gutsy plays if you will.  The fact is, the defense had a handful of chances to completely turn the game around, but they gave Cutler too much time, and when that happened, he picked us apart.  If Vandy can do this, wait until we play a team that can actually RUN the football.. ouch.

Offensively, Nutt was WAY too conservative, as usual, with the 24-13 lead.  I love Peyton Hillis, he's great, but you can't just run up the middle with him every play in the 4th quarter.  You have to put in Jones or Mcfadden to try to break out some speed plays, get some first downs, KEEP CUTLER OFF THE FIELD.  Vandy can't score if Arkansas is getting first downs.  Oh, and Nutt, it is not against the rules in college football to score AGAIN after a 24-13 lead... In case you haven't noticed, 31-13 is harder to come back from than 24-13.  Sounds simple, but sometimes I wonder what Nutt is thinking.  He played conservative and put the game in the hands of the defense, and failed.  Simple as that.

And the fans.. good god how pathetic.  These are freaking college kids out here.  95% or more of the kids playing in the game last night WILL NOT be playing professional football.  They're doing this because they love football, this is not their lives, this is not their job.  To throw bottles onto the field and risk their safety, and the safety of the innocent people in the stands, is absolutely irresonsible and embarassing.

I know the percentage of razorback fans that would do something like this is very, very low.  But all it takes is a few idiots to just totally embarass everyone else.  I want you out there supporting the school, but what you're doing is inexcusable and is making me sick.  Do us real razorback fans a favor and stay home and stay away from the games.

James
Go Colts, Go Hogs