Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Is Jimbo Fisher Worth to Texas A&M?

Started by NaturalStateReb, November 22, 2017, 11:11:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalStateReb

Apparently about $8.3 million annually, if the rumors are to be believed.  That's a lot of money, folks.  How long is this sort of thing sustainable?
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hog Fan...DOH!

Insanity.  He'll be expected to bring home titles immediately--- and they won't.

Hawghiggs

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Hawghiggs on November 22, 2017, 11:41:23 am
I hope Jimbo really does go to A&M.
Me too. He would not even be in my top 20 coaches I would want for Arkansas.

Hogarusa

SEC schools are more wealthy now than ever. 8.3 million is little to the Aggs. No reason to think Jimbo won't be able to deliver and be worthy of such a contract
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Fay-hog

Quote from: Hogarusa on November 22, 2017, 11:45:00 am
SEC schools are more wealthy now than ever. 8.3 million is little to the Aggs. No reason to think Jimbo won't be able to deliver and be worthy of such a contract

Agree. 8m for tamu is not much. Good coach and they will be lucky to get him. They will be much hard to beat.  Will make them a factor.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Hogarusa on November 22, 2017, 11:45:00 am

No reason?  Even with Bama, LSU, Auburn, and Florida on the regular schedule and Georgia and South Carolina rotating onto it every so often.  Sorry, but I think Jimbo will be a good coach, not a national championship coach for TAMU.  He's far better off where he is or somewhere very similar. TAMU has some small potential for winning the SEC sometime, but they aren't likely to win it, or even the West, regularly.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 22, 2017, 11:44:56 am
You people are hysterical.

Sho Nuff

lakecityhog

Why is it so hard for you people to understand that salary is NOTHING to the University, neither is Buyouts! The school is on the hook for the school's base the balance is paid from BOOSTER accounts and if 10 to 15 millionaires get together and pony up the money, who cares?

We have 2 or 3 people in Arkansas that can and will/have put up the money to buyout contracts and pay new ones of several million dollars!

Hogs-n-Roses

Jimbo to the aggies scares me. He's a live wire but one heck of a good coach. How stupid was LSU not to promote him up.

colbs

Not sure why people don't think he's a good coach.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

East Clintwood

Quote from: lakecityhog on November 22, 2017, 11:54:29 am
Why is it so hard for you people to understand that salary is NOTHING to the University, neither is Buyouts! The school is on the hook for the school's base the balance is paid from BOOSTER accounts and if 10 to 15 millionaires get together and pony up the money, who cares?

We have 2 or 3 people in Arkansas that can and will/have put up the money to buyout contracts and pay new ones of several million dollars!

But that money could be better  spent on new facilities - something real - instead of being wasted on ridiculous salaries and buyouts.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

ur

That's nothing compared to his reported buyout at fsu 

31to6

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 22, 2017, 11:11:08 am
Apparently about $8.3 million annually, if the rumors are to be believed.  That's a lot of money, folks.  How long is this sort of thing sustainable?

Sustainable only if they stop passing the costs off on ordinary fans

Same here in Fayetteville

Plus widen the $&@/#%* seats or many are still not going to show up consistently

ur

Quote from: 31to6 on November 22, 2017, 07:42:42 pm
How much?

Actually not as much as if he were to get fired. Still could be 10-15 mill. 
Buyout if Fisher leaves: If he elects to leave, Fisher's buyout is now the sum of all monies remaining on the contracts of his assistant coaches not retained by the university.

So, for example, if Fisher leaves, and the university retains none of ten coaches each making $500,000 on one-year deals, Fisher would owe the school $5M within 30 days. Given that many assistants are employed on two- or three-year contracts, it's likely that this buyout number could be in the $10-15M range

jgphillips3

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on November 22, 2017, 07:35:00 pm
Jimbo to the aggies scares me. He's a live wire but one heck of a good coach. How stupid was LSU not to promote him up.

He's a hell of a lot better than Sumlin.  This would not be a good development for us.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 22, 2017, 08:21:01 pm
He’s a hell of a lot better than Sumlin.  This would not be a good development for us.

Oh yes it would. Jimbo to A&M starts another chain reaction. The SEC is going to go after every Big coach that they can. This is what will actually level the playing field and hurt Alabama. Which I suspect will be plundered of assistant coaches this offseason.

MC_Hog

Gus will be at Texas A&M next year......wait and see

ShadowTheHedgehog

Fisher would get Agged after a season because they are not in the SECC.

1highhog

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 22, 2017, 11:44:56 am

You are delusional, we couldn't be lucky enough to hire a coach of his caliber.

Jimbob111

Quote from: 1highhog on November 22, 2017, 09:18:28 pm
You are delusional, we couldn't be lucky enough to hire a coach of his caliber.

Lol...fisher is Les Miles with half the personality and Houston Nutt with twice the talent...
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

DeltaBoy

He is a great hire ! We would be lucky to get him!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Kenny Hawgins

If true, he still needs to find the next Rapeis Winston. Teams of rapists and women beaters will be harder to get with such close proximity to Baylor.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

rljjr

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 22, 2017, 07:43:23 pm
Sustainable only if they stop passing the costs off on ordinary fans

Same here in Fayetteville

Plus widen the $&@/#%* seats or many are still not going to show up consistently

Our stadium needs a serious upgrade that would require almost a complete tear down and rebuild of East and West bleachers to make them all chair backs. Honestly I could give a rip if it's a 72K or 82K capacity. It needs to be comfortable.  Went to the Belk Bowl last year and every seat was great. I didn't have to fight the guys on either side of me for my own space like I do at RRS. I'd give up 20K in attendance for some freaking comfort, but I'm a fan and not an administrator. THAT is where money should be spent.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: rljjr on November 23, 2017, 09:03:43 am
Our stadium needs a serious upgrade that would require almost a complete tear down and rebuild of East and West bleachers to make them all chair backs. Honestly I could give a rip if it's a 72K or 82K capacity. It needs to be comfortable.  Went to the Belk Bowl last year and every seat was great. I didn't have to fight the guys on either side of me for my own space like I do at RRS. I'd give up 20K in attendance for some freaking comfort, but I'm a fan and not an administrator. THAT is where money should be spent.

I agree that the seat numbers are too close together. I'm 6'2, 210 and by no means overweight and I really don't fit very well in my assigned space.
This is my non-signature signature.

1highhog

Quote from: Jimbob111 on November 23, 2017, 02:47:23 am
Lol...fisher is Les Miles with half the personality and Houston Nutt with twice the talent...

Keep telling yourself that if the Aggies buy him and he kicks our ass for the for see able future.

Hogarusa

There's nothing from the past 5 years of coaching hires in the SEC that would suggest that the conference can now roll out and scoop up Chip Kelly, Jimbo Fisher, Mike Leach, and Gruden. 'Tis the silly season

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 1highhog on November 23, 2017, 09:27:56 am
Keep telling yourself that if the Aggies buy him and he kicks our ass for the for see able future.
explain FSU this year, then. He has all his players in, an average class ranking in the top 10 for over 4 straight years, and they are 4-6 just like Arkansas. With an easier schedule. He is Bert with a smaller waistline.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

1highhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 23, 2017, 10:34:10 am
explain FSU this year, then. He has all his players in, an average class ranking in the top 10 for over 4 straight years, and they are 4-6 just like Arkansas. With an easier schedule. He is Bert with a smaller waistline.

We as Arkansas fans just better hope he doesn't get the A&M job.

Hogindasticks

Kubiak was  noted as wanting the job....i cant see fisher going before a home grown boy.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: 1highhog on November 23, 2017, 12:44:37 pm

No we as Arkansas fans need to make sure we hire a competent coach. Many games have been lost over the last 5 years here because of terrible second half coaching. We should have won 2 extra games every single year that Bielema has been here, but because of his lack of coaching in the second half of games we couldn't do that.  We have really underachieved with Bielema. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

sickboy

Great way to cripple your program down the line.

Hogarusa

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 23, 2017, 10:34:10 am

78-17 record going into this season and 45 active NFL players as former 'Noles coached by him. Not much of a comparison.

ur

His buyout is similar to Gus. If most or all of his assist coaches go with him, fsu will not have to pay anything to them, thus jimbo wouldn't have to pay. Now he would have to pay for the contracts of the coaches that do not go with him but if they find jobs elsewhere and fsu doesn't have to pay, then jimbo would be off the hook. That's a cheap buyout.

Torqued pork

Quote from: 1highhog on November 23, 2017, 12:44:37 pm
Like we've done well against Sumlin?