Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Recruiting and Beyond

Started by ucahogfan, July 17, 2016, 04:16:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog04

ricepig

Ah yes, the numbers working themselves out, just like we're 3 over the 85 still in football, the 11.7 will work itself out.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: PorkRyan on June 22, 2017, 10:22:45 pm
Arkansas offered Kam'ron Mays Hunt this week.  I posted about him a few years ago as being one of the standouts on the very high end EM Majors team.  I saw him hit a HR at 13majors state that had to have gone 380-400 feet.  I expected him to be the top player in the state for the 2018 class.  I think he struggled with maturity at times and he may have had to learn to handle failure as well.  He hasn't been as highly ranked as I thought he would be, but that appears to be changing.  He is 91mph off the mound and a 6.5 runner.  He probably has the most tools in that class.  Hopefully he will commit to Arkansas, but he looks like he will have a lot of options.     

Maturity has been a knock on him. Hope he continues to make strides.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

PorkRyan

Quote from: ricepig on June 26, 2017, 07:04:42 pm
Ah yes, the numbers working themselves out, just like we're 3 over the 85 still in football, the 11.7 will work itself out.

yeah, but I hate this part of college baseball.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRyan on June 27, 2017, 11:18:30 am
yeah, but I hate this part of college baseball.

Yep, eat or be eaten mentality in college baseball, except for Vandy, lol.

Pig Papi

Quote from: PorkRyan on June 22, 2017, 10:22:45 pm
Arkansas offered Kam'ron Mays Hunt this week.  I posted about him a few years ago as being one of the standouts on the very high end EM Majors team.  I saw him hit a HR at 13majors state that had to have gone 380-400 feet.  I expected him to be the top player in the state for the 2018 class.  I think he struggled with maturity at times and he may have had to learn to handle failure as well.  He hasn't been as highly ranked as I thought he would be, but that appears to be changing.  He is 91mph off the mound and a 6.5 runner.  He probably has the most tools in that class.  Hopefully he will commit to Arkansas, but he looks like he will have a lot of options.     

Kam'ron Mays-Hunt commits to AR this evening.  Premium athlete with a premium arm.  He just might pinch run on days he doesn't pitch.

That EM Majors youth team now has 6 SEC commits and they are not done yet.

Hogs49ers

Who are the guys in 2018 that are committed that are going to be top 200 prospects and are difficult to get to campus?

WPS on Kam'ron Mays-Hunt!
SCREW Vandy!

Pig Papi

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 28, 2017, 07:44:24 pm
Who are the guys in 2018 that are committed that are going to be top 200 prospects and are difficult to get to campus?

WPS on Kam'ron Mays-Hunt!

It may be time for ucahog to start his annual "2018 recruiting and beyond..." thread.

SPAL

Quote from: Pig Papi on June 28, 2017, 07:51:07 pm
It may be time for ucahog to start his annual "2018 recruiting and beyond..." thread.

PorkRyan

June 30, 2017, 08:27:30 am #109 Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 09:08:10 am by PorkRyan
2019 Razorback commit Cason Tollet was invited to the PG Undeclass AA games.  Only about 150 kids get that invite.

Pig Papi

It looks like at least 4 kids from the 2019 class have been invited to the PG Underclass All American event

Travis Odom
Nathan Rintz
Nolan Wosman
Cason Tollett

There may be more that aren't public yet

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

311Hog

Oklahawg

Missing from your list:

2018 3B/SS Caleb Denny from Owasso, OK. Committed back in April and I can't find anything that says he is not still committed. Rather high-rated on perfect game (to my novice eyes).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

PorkRyan

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 26, 2017, 05:00:48 pm
Missing from your list:

2018 3B/SS Caleb Denny from Owasso, OK. Committed back in April and I can't find anything that says he is not still committed. Rather high-rated on perfect game (to my novice eyes).

I wonder if he is related to Jon Denney who was a Hog Catcher commit years ago.  I believe he signed a pro contract.  There is a 2020 named Levi Denney from Oklahoma that we have played against who is very good.  I haven't heard much about him (could be hurt) but he was one of the best pitchers in this region.   

rolyat_2008

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 26, 2017, 05:00:48 pm
Missing from your list:

Yep Denny came on board about the time Tanner Kohlhepp decommitted.

In other news, former South Carolina 2018 commit Dillon Lifrieri committed to Arkansas.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=410783

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: 311Hog on July 26, 2017, 02:59:35 pm

preppy he was an all american for bayside high.. sorry had to

Any chance we could get Kelly Kapowski too?

AUSTXHOG

RHP Tyler Cacciatori (Sheridan HS) has committed to the Hogs for the 2020 class.  #1 pitching prospect in the state for 2020.  Happy for this kid and he's legit.  Excited for the Hogs.
http://amp.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/aug/02/cacciatori-commits-diamond-hogs/

PorkRyan

Cacciatori is a big time pitcher

Pig Papi

Quote from: PorkRyan on August 02, 2017, 10:04:51 pm

And he is good friends with other big time players...

bandera

Scott7703

Quote from: PorkRyan on August 02, 2017, 10:04:51 pm

Watched this kid since he was 9. Big time talent but as mentioned below he's right with some other top talent.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Scott7703 on August 04, 2017, 10:16:04 pm

Watched this kid since he was 9. Big time talent but as mentioned below he's right with some other top talent.

Sign em up.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

fullfan

Seeing some of these 2020 prospects commit makes me wonder if the Hogs have offered Cayden Wallace from Arkansas?

PorkRyan

Quote from: fullfan on August 05, 2017, 05:49:17 pm
Seeing some of these 2020 prospects commit makes me wonder if the Hogs have offered Cayden Wallace from Arkansas?

They offered him about a year ago.

Scott7703

Quote from: fullfan on August 05, 2017, 05:49:17 pm

He's the best high school hitter I've ever seen. I question whether or not he ever steps on a college campus.

PintailKiller

Quote from: Scott7703 on August 06, 2017, 09:33:36 pm

He's the best high school hitter I've ever seen. I question whether or not he ever steps on a college campus.
The next question would be if he follows his brother to WSU?
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

JHicks3636

RazorPiggie

Quote from: bandera on August 04, 2017, 06:32:33 am
2020 RHP Jaxon Wiggins out of Ok committed yesterday.   http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/aug/03/oklahoma-pitcher-pledges-razorbacks/

My Brother In Law is his HS baseball coach. I'll see if I can't get some more info for you guys.

bandera

Gerald Gilber

hard to believe Chaz Poppy from Sylvan Hills is not getting a good look, outstanding catcher
Can we play all our games at home????

Panther34

Already showing 3 catchers in 2019 class, but Chaz is pretty dang good!

PorkRyan

2019 RHP Xander Rojahn from Illinois committed today.

Pig Papi

Arkansas got their 11th commitment from the 2019 class from 3B/SS Jesse Pierce of Las Vegas.  Pierce is a special offensive player who played this summer with a few of the 2018 and 2019 commits in some national events.  Jesse went to OU this past weekend to play in a showcase there and snuck over to visit UA on Saturday.  I really like this commit.

dotnet

Arkansas recruiting class ranked 3rd by baseball america. 

7 of the top 11, and 9 of the top 25 are from the SEC.   

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/college-recruiting/#QBrvDJiiipB3l49w.97

bulldog04

Got a commitment from Josh Breaux a JUCO catcher. As a freshman he hit .401 with 19 homers.  I doubt he makes it to campus with those numbers.

Scott7703

Quote from: bulldog04 on September 12, 2017, 07:16:06 pm
Got a commitment from Josh Breaux a JUCO catcher. As a freshman he hit .401 with 19 homers.  I doubt he makes it to campus with those numbers.

Those numbers remind me of one Greg bird and you know how that turned out.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Scott7703 on September 12, 2017, 08:52:20 pm

Those numbers remind me of one Greg bird and you know how that turned out.
He also hit .271 with 6 HRs on the Cape this year which is very good for a JUCO freshman.  He received the Silva Sportsmanship Award which is voted on by the league umpires.  I'm really excited about this commitment if he makes it to campus.  He was a 36th round pick of the Astros this year.  Wonder what this means for Opitz especially if he makes it to campus.  I think Opitz is in the lineup regardless probably next year, but maybe as a 2B.

bulldog04

Quote from: ucahogfan on September 12, 2017, 08:57:53 pm
He also hit .271 with 6 HRs on the Cape this year which is very good for a JUCO freshman.  He received the Silva Sportsmanship Award which is voted on by the league umpires.  I'm really excited about this commitment if he makes it to campus.  He was a 36th round pick of the Astros this year.  Wonder what this means for Opitz especially if he makes it to campus.  I think Opitz is in the lineup regardless probably next year, but maybe as a 2B.
He also pitched some and was bringing it at 97

Amityvillehogger

Picked up another 2019 commit.

RHP Trey Valka (6'3" 175) from Houston area.

Topped out at 91 so far.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

PorkRyan

This one flew under the radar.  Austin Atkinson committed a few weeks ago.  He is a 2020 6'5" 160 pound LHP from Allen Texas.  Ranked #23 in the state of Texas on PBR.  Welcome aboard Austin.     

navyhog24

This one also flew under the radar. I didn't even notice this on WholeHogSports

Former Dallas Baptist U commitment, 2018 LHP, Patrick Wicklander committed to the Hogs last week

Perfect Game rates Wicklander the No. 226 prospect in the class of 2018 and the No. 29 left-handed pitcher.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/sep/26/california-pitcher-commits-hogs-visiting/

PintailKiller

Pig Papi

Quote from: navyhog24 on October 03, 2017, 10:36:23 am
This one also flew under the radar. I didn't even notice this on WholeHogSports

Former Dallas Baptist U commitment, 2018 LHP, Patrick Wicklander committed to the Hogs last week

Perfect Game rates Wicklander the No. 226 prospect in the class of 2018 and the No. 29 left-handed pitcher.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/sep/26/california-pitcher-commits-hogs-visiting/

The kid is an absolute stud.  Really wants to work with Wes Johnson so there is a decent chance he gets to campus.

PorkRyan

Cayden Wallace to the Hogs!  One of the top hitters in the 2020 class

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRyan on October 11, 2017, 05:13:28 pm

I accidentally stuck him in the draft thread, hopefully that wasn't an omen...

https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/918231452768194560

Scott7703

Quote from: PorkRyan on October 11, 2017, 05:13:28 pm

This one is a major get.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

ucahogfan

Quote from: Scott7703 on October 11, 2017, 05:32:24 pm

This one is a major get.
For sure.  He is one of the best hitters to come out of the state in a long time.  Hopefully he makes it to campus.