Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Real BBQer

Started by Old Tusk, November 19, 2010, 02:51:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tusk

I'm officially a Real BBQer! Got my first heart stent yesterday. ;D
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

hoosier

Congrats. Celebrate with the bacon explosion.

Old Tusk

Left the hospital and picked up a box of Popeyes. Been reading about heart healthy foods...just aweful.
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

Shag66

Glad you are doing ok OT!

Old Tusk

I'm feeling pretty lucky right now.

Boarcephus

A co-worker and good friend had a stent put in Thursday and I think he was 64 as well (peeked at your profile).

He's supposed to be back at work Wednesday.  Spoke to his wife yesterday and she said OK China Buffet and their mounds of crab legs and butter are safe for a while.   She was out buying him heart healthy soup and chicken breasts yesterday.  Bet he'll be one happy camper come Wednesday.  ;)
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Old Tusk

I've decided that eating heart healthy is like quitting drinking. It won't make you live longer, it will just make it seem like it.

Shag66

Quote from: Old Tusk on November 22, 2010, 12:36:44 pm
I've decided that eating heart healthy is like quitting drinking. It won't make you live longer, it will just make it seem like it.

LOL.

If pulled pork and ribs are gonna kill me early I guess I am just destined to go!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Old Tusk on November 22, 2010, 12:36:44 pm

It helps mostly those under 50 after that it seems most bets are off.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.