Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benintendi

Started by philiphog, April 22, 2017, 08:31:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

Quote from: Hogs49ers on May 09, 2017, 10:26:54 pm
3/4 tonight....Dude is a stud.

Raised his average to .339 to retake the team lead over Bogaerts who sits at .333. Presently 3rd highest in the A.L. and 9th in all of MLB.

philiphog

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 09, 2017, 11:43:03 pm
Raised his average to .339 to retake the team lead over Bogaerts who sits at .333. Presently 3rd highest in the A.L. and 9th in all of MLB.

Just incredible. It's been since Pete Rose that I've followed a hitter every single day they play. It's part of my routine to check his stats every day.

bville_hog

Don't forget to vote for him for the All-Star game.  you can vote 5 times a day...

https://www.mlb.com/all-star/ballot?tcid=ASG17_mlb_newstory

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

TebowHater

Hasn't gotten a hit in last 15 at bats. Might be time for another day of rest. Played in 34 of 36 games this year, second most on team.

k.c.hawg

Heard a stat yesterday during their game that was pretty cool considering some of the Boston legends. Benintendi is the first Red Sox player to have as many as 42 base hits in his first 35 games of a season since Ted Williams.....and I believe they said in 1941.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

TebowHater

0-3 today making him 0 for his last 18. Average below .300. He really had a chance to make the All Star game. Hope he busts out of this slump, but that's baseball

hoglady

Quote from: TebowHater on May 14, 2017, 03:35:40 pm
0-3 today making him 0 for his last 18. Average below .300. He really had a chance to make the All Star game. Hope he busts out of this slump, but that's baseball

Yep - slumps happen for every player.
We'll see if he lets it get in his head or pushes through it.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: TebowHater on May 14, 2017, 03:35:40 pm
He just needs a "slump buster"......

SkeeterHawg

No hits in the last 21 at bats, but he isn't striking out.  So he must still be making contact.  21 AB, 3 SO, 4 BB and 1 HBP.  Needs stuff to start falling in for base hits.

hoglady

Quote from: SkeeterHawg on May 17, 2017, 03:04:20 am
No hits in the last 21 at bats, but he isn't striking out.  So he must still be making contact.  21 AB, 3 SO, 4 BB and 1 HBP.  Needs stuff to start falling in for base hits.

Reached base on an error and had a BB last night. Scored after the BB in the 8th.
Sox won 6-3.
Cards were a mess last night committing 3 errors.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

TexArkHogFan

Two walks, hit by pitch, reached on error and flied out to center.  He's making contact, the hits are just not falling.  He did have a day of rest before St. Louis, the whole team did as it was an off day.  As long as his manager doesn't give up on him, he'll be fine.  He is a Fenway fan favorite.  Bradley is in a worse slump but seems to be slowly coming around.  The Sox as a team just are not hitting and the pitching ain't pitching.  Leaving too many runners on base and hitting into double plays with the bases loaded doesn't help either.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

hoglady

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on May 17, 2017, 07:47:34 am
Two walks, hit by pitch, reached on error and flied out to center.  He's making contact, the hits are just not falling.  He did have a day of rest before St. Louis, the whole team did as it was an off day.  As long as his manager doesn't give up on him, he'll be fine.  He is a Fenway fan favorite.  Bradley is in a worse slump but seems to be slowly coming around.  The Sox as a team just are not hitting and the pitching ain't pitching.  Leaving too many runners on base and hitting into double plays with the bases loaded doesn't help either.

Bradley had a great game last night.

Arazorbackguy1

Rough night tonight.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Arazorbackguy1

Sac Fly on 4th at bat. At least he got an RBI outta the deal and helped tie up the ballgame

TexArkHogFan

He is in a funk right now.  Saw a stat last night that he currently holds the longest streak in MLB right now of going hitless in something like 25 at bats.  Snap out of it Ben, you're too good for this.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on May 18, 2017, 07:03:45 am
He is in a funk right now.  Saw a stat last night that he currently holds the longest streak in MLB right now of going hitless in something like 25 at bats.  Snap out of it Ben, you're too good for this.

But still scoring runs for his team. He helped win the game last night with his sac

Arazorbackguy1

AB not playing tonight:(

hoglady

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on May 18, 2017, 07:23:45 pm
AB not playing tonight:(

He could probably use the break - he's played in more games than any other Boston outfielder / and the second highest on the team.

WBOBO

Bet his avg by June 30 is above 300.  Pitchers see a weakness and exploit it.
A good hitter finds a way to overcome that weakness, and then it's back to normal.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

JHicks3636

Finally gets a hit. 1-2 tonight with a double. Game is in the 4th.

JHicks3636

Ended up 2-4 with a walk. Did strike out twice and that has been part of his recent slump. Maybe this game gets him back on track.

Cobbler

I believe his strike out rate during the slump wasn't any higher than before, he just couldn't get one down. But his hitless streak is over, so no matter now.

Arazorbackguy1

Awesome night last night.  I never was an MLB fan, but he may help change that for me. Go Red Sox!

JHicks3636

Dropped to 6th in the batting order today. 0-2 thus far in the game.

Arazorbackguy1

Bad night for the whole team

flippinhogmana

about the only major leaguers that can hit the high and tight consistently (guys like Reggie Jackson) are either in the HOF or are headed there.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

howie76

Waldron_Hog

2-3 Last night with a run scored and a stolen base. Plus 2 walks.

philiphog

Quote from: Waldron_Hog on May 24, 2017, 07:43:12 am
2-3 Last night with a run scored and a stolen base. Plus 2 walks.

Hopefully last night will get him going again. Seems like he is dialed in when he gets one or more walks in a game.

JHicks3636

Red Sox were floundering a little tonight and trailed 3-1 going to the bottom of the 7th at home. Benintendi was 0-2 at that point batting 6th in the order. Young flew out to start the inning, then Benintendi got an infield single to 2B to ignite a rally. He then came up again in the inning with the bases loaded and 1 out and hit a sac fly. Boston scored 7 runs in the inning and now lead 8-3.

Arazorbackguy1

Really struggling last few games.  C'mon Andrew!

Porky McGee

Went deep twice today. 3-4 with 3 RBIs

philiphog

What a night! Hogs win in dramatic fashion and Benintendi breaks out of his slump! WPS!

jimmur74

Looks like Andrew has it going! 5-8 with 3 HRS sunday and today! #WPS

Arazorbackguy1

1 HR against the Yanks!

JHGiunta

June 12, 2017, 07:09:17 pm #88 Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 07:37:45 pm by JHGiunta
1 for 1 so far tonight against the Phillies with a 400ft jack.

Update: Now 2-2 after singling in another run in the 3rd.

Went down and got it. To straight away center!

Arazorbackguy1

That throw tonight was sick! 

woodrow hog call

June 13, 2017, 10:20:03 pm #90 Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 10:36:13 pm by woodrow hog call
Had a chance in the bottom of the tenth for his first walk off, singled to 3rd and Pedrioa got caught rounding 3rd, to send it to the 11th.

Gets another shot in the 12th and he delivers a ground rule double.
Just got a woo pig sooie on the MLB network
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

CJ HOG

June 14, 2017, 12:25:07 am #93 Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 01:29:49 am by CJ HOG
That's awesome. First career walk off for AB, so happy for him.

Benny batting .419 w/ 11 RBI's his last 8 games.

Hogs49ers

Benintendi just threw a frozen rope to get someone out at home to hold onto a 6-5 lead over the Astros going into the top of the 9th.
SCREW Vandy!

TebowHater

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 18, 2017, 10:58:11 pm
Benintendi just threw a frozen rope to get someone out at home to hold onto a 6-5 lead over the Astros going into the top of the 9th.

https://twitter.com/RileyCuller/status/876649158945517568

hoglady

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 18, 2017, 10:58:11 pm

Yep - that was a heck of a throw.
This game feels like a playoff game - lots of talent on that field tonight.

hoglady

On a side note - I personally can't stand listening to this woman talk.

SPAL

Yep...it was a hose. That was a great ball game. It featured some of everything....massive bombs, timely hitting, multiple pitchers hitting triple digits, great defense, passion,.....how do people not love baseball.

SPAL

Quote from: hoglady on June 18, 2017, 11:14:57 pm
On a side note - I personally can't stand listening to this woman talk.

I thoroughly enjoyed her take....such as the brilliant bit of wisdom when she said..."aoki didn't wanna swing and miss there" on an 0-2 pitch that struck him out.

With wisdom like that, she is destined for greatness.