Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In a post-Bielema reborn Hog universe.....

Started by hassettsportsman, November 07, 2017, 10:21:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hassettsportsman

One of the eminent concerns is.....how many Hogs will transfer...for whatever reasons?

hawg1221

Quote from: hassettsportsman on November 07, 2017, 10:21:02 pm
One of the eminent concerns is.....how many Hogs will transfer...for whatever reasons?

I really think you're putting the cart before the horse when you make these statements.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hassettsportsman

Most here are trying to wrap their heads around transition and it's effects...i'm merely suggesting that transferring occurs...both emigrating and immigrating.

Großer Kriegschwein

I just want that stupid forward facing Hog gone.

Like kill it with fire, gone gone.
This is my non-signature signature.

1highhog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 07, 2017, 10:45:15 pm

I'm with you on this one, let's get rid of the AR State wolf hog.

hassettsportsman

If we're talking traditions....then it's cardinal and white...not coal-like...since there are very few Hog coal mines..i want to always be able to see the Hog emblem on the side of the helmets!

FANONTHEHILL

I thhink people would be surprised how few players would choose to transfer if there was a change.  I don't think it's many at all. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Inhogswetrust

EVERY program has transfers or loses a few recruits with a coaching change. That does NOT make it an eminent concern. If anything when the right coach is hired that helps not hurts.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hassettsportsman

I agree with the premise that the right coaching hire is paramount.  With only 3 contests remaining, every aspect of this team will be under review.  Thus, how many players are devotees of Bielema's system(if you can call it a system), how many want more playing time and visibility, how many refuse to drink the Kool Aid, how many have never been offered Lobster vs PBJ(yes metaphors), how many are flip flop admirers, what must their parents or guardians be suggesting, with all the turmoil how can they focus on knowledge, testing, and GPA's, and hopefully how many newcomers will want to come after this regime has gone?

OneLardAlmighty

Actually, I've always thought we needed a squiggly-tailed rear facing hog for the back of the helmet and other uses.  But alas I don't have the artistic skill to produce one.   

The NewEra

I think 95% of the youngsters will embrace new leadership.  I don't for one second believe they want to be this bad at football. 

I do believe that going forward the players will be required to earn their scholarships annually by contributing to the overall football team's performance on the field. 

Poker_hog

We're currently like 60th in recruiting rankings.  Chances are a new coach could come in and improve that before signing day.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 08, 2017, 05:21:15 am
I thhink people would be surprised how few players would choose to transfer if there was a change.  I don't think it's many at all. 

I would think more would want to transfer if there was NOT a change.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hoggish1

Negative thoughts are unwelcome.  That is all.

hassettsportsman

Ultimately, the origin of the divisiveness/negativity falls squarely on the shoulders of the little puppet master and his protege. They remind me of 'Masterblaster' from 'Beyond Thunderdome' mired in methane producing Pig fertilizer. 

MJ2

The new coach can't be concerned with that.   He has to take what he has and what he can get and win.  Fast.   That's the sign of a good coach.   (Look at GA this year.)

jkstock04

This times one million. It's similarities with the Arkansas state red wolf logo are offensive.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 08, 2017, 08:16:58 am
This times one million. It's similarities with the Arkansas state red wolf logo are offensive.

Perhaps, but the rear view has fabulous possibilities. 

hassettsportsman

That's what all of us want...well 99.9%.  A new younger visionary with the ability to motivate these kids.  Let's not forget these young people may have adult bodies, but, their thinking brains are still developing.  Is it so much to ask to have an AD and head coach who are relevant?

Razorbackers

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 08, 2017, 08:16:58 am

I guess I'm one of the few who likes Pumbaa. :(

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

oldhawg

I agree with this.  Opportunity to play is still there.  Young folks are adaptable, there already is considerable change in coaches throughout the college football landscape, so I can't see another change at Arkansas having that much of an impact on player retention.  Some players might view a change as a better opportunity to move into the playing rotation.

hassettsportsman

I agree that basing starting time strictly on seniority is a trite system. 

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Agreed. I think theres actually a chance that more kids/recruits go elsewhere if there isn't a change
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

GuvHog

Ain't happening. They use the secondary front facing Hog LOGO for the small achievement stickers on the players helmets.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: 1highhog on November 07, 2017, 10:50:40 pm
I'm with you on this one, let's get rid of the AR State wolf hog.

It looks nothing like that Arkansas State Red Wolf.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: GuvHog on November 08, 2017, 09:11:34 am

Well it's pretty dang close!!

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

010HogFan

I like the forward facing hog. Y'all cry about everything.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 08, 2017, 09:41:09 am

Well it's pretty dang close!!

Besides the colors black and white, it's really not close.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 08, 2017, 09:44:56 am
Besides the colors black and white, it's really not close.

If you can't see any resemblance I can't help you...you need to get in touch with the right hemisphere of your brain!

But it is definitely closer to Warf!   ;D

GuvHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 08, 2017, 09:44:56 am
Besides the colors black and white, it’s really not close.

Exactly. The design is not even remotely close to being the same.

GuvHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 08, 2017, 09:49:34 am
If you can't see any resemblance I can't help you...you need to get in touch with the right hemisphere of your brain!

But it is definitely closer to Warf!   ;D

There is no resemblance between the front facing Hog and the Red Wolf.

jkstock04

Quote from: GuvHog on November 08, 2017, 09:54:22 am
There is no resemblance between the front facing Hog and the Red Wolf.
Well if you say so GUV it's gotta be true!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

twistitup

Quote from: GuvHog on November 08, 2017, 09:11:34 am

I disagree...the nose and mouth area for sure--take away the fluff around the wold head and you basically have a hog
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Marshfieldhog

I think we will have less transfer out with a new coach than if we keep Bert.

tbhogfan

We lose a few each year to transfer anyway.  A few will leave if they don't feel they fit in with the new system, but most will stay. 
Go Hogs!

Seebs

This argument proved invalid a few years ago.  remember when CBP was forced out and the clamor was to keep his staff together? That was concern number one.

That concern seems so stupid to me now.  Kids do not want to sit out a year. I have a feeling most of these kids would welcome a fresh set of eyes to evaluate their talents and would be excited about showing those skills in the spring.  The ones that lose out may leave, but guess what? They would not have been starters or failed to win a starting spot because of being re-evaluated. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

East TN HAWG

My guess would be 14,782 TE's.  With new a coaching staff, they will realize the we only need 4-5 to play TE.