Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Running Thread

Started by Pulled(PP)pork, July 31, 2013, 06:18:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

clutch

Quote from: hilljack on December 06, 2013, 08:21:56 am
For those of you looking to keep your mileage up while it's cold and want to stay off the treadmill... Try Picking up,some cheap running gloves.  I picked up a pair for about $10 at an REI type store.  If I can manage to keep my ears and hands warm, running in the cold doesn't suck as much.

I'd need shoes with spikes in them to run right now, otherwise I'd be laying flat on my back. Awfully icy here. If I had a pair of ice skates I could bust out a few miles in them.

Hawgzilla

Man I need to get back into it....I told myself I would always run, but I have lost my mojo....Keep up the great runs guys.

hawgrunner

Moving back to NWA from Southern Cali. will be a wake up call for my running. Here you can run 365 outdoors.

Pulled(PP)pork

Put my 5mi in this afternoon, took forever to feel my hands again

PP

kingofdequeen

Quote from: rock642 on December 08, 2013, 02:20:23 pm
Moving back to NWA from Southern Cali. will be a wake up call for my running. Here you can run 365 outdoors.

you can run here 365 too...if you're not a [CENSORED].

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 11, 2013, 01:04:15 pm
Boom!

not really.  as a [CENSORED] myself, i went outside to run only to turn around before i left the porch.

cold sucks. 

Coondog Hog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on December 11, 2013, 01:06:31 pm
not really.  as a [CENSORED] myself, i went outside to run only to turn around before i left the porch.

cold sucks.

I've ran 5 of the last 10 days outside here in Clarksville, but was in NWA yesterday working.  That ice would make it a bitch right now for runners up there.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

john c

Been running since high school, now in 60's.  Live a little out of town so can run on asphalt country roads but because cold weather asthma started coming back (kicks in around 50 degrees) I started using treadmills in cold weather.  Now I use them all the time.  Last bought was Landice and it's been great.  I don't worry about weather or time any more and can kill two birds if there is some TV to watch.  Treadmill forces my pace and I program a variable speed/incline regime.  Do notice that too much incline for very long starts to cause a pain on the top of my foot.  As much as I enjoy and use the treadmill, there is really nothing as refreshing as running outdoors in good weather.

Other benefit of treadmill was that when my wife finally started running with me it turned out she was a speedster (who knew).  She got to where she would run way ahead of me and then run back to me and ask if I was OK or needed a rest.  Oh, yeah, she was really concerned about me.  Treadmill prevents the getting slammed by wife scenario.

hilljack

Quote from: john c on December 13, 2013, 10:42:57 am
Treadmill prevents the getting slammed by wife scenario.

You know, sometimes getting slammed by the wife is a good thing!  :-P

Pulled(PP)pork

5.28mi in 51:40....dodging a lot of traffic, lol

PP

kingofdequeen

my achilles is hurt.  it sucks.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: kingofdequeen on December 13, 2013, 05:06:04 pm
yup, it does.....seems like it takes forever to heal, also

PP

hilljack

Quote from: kingofdequeen on December 13, 2013, 05:06:04 pm

I've been battling a strained Achilles for about 7 months.  I started using Hammer nutrition tissue rejuvenator and the stuff works like magic.  After taking it for about a month, I'm nearly pain free.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: hilljack on December 14, 2013, 09:51:18 pm
I've been battling a strained Achilles for about 7 months.  I started using Hammer nutrition tissue rejuvenator and the stuff works like magic.  After taking it for about a month, I'm nearly pain free.

lookin into it right now.

anything that will help, i'll try.

hawgrunner

Anyone ever thought of doing a run streak?

hog.goblin

Quote from: rock642 on December 15, 2013, 08:20:14 pm

we'll let you handle that and report back to us...

Delicious~Dreams

Quote from: rock642 on December 15, 2013, 08:20:14 pm

Yes but I don't think I could run more than a mile a day at this point. 

I'm thinking about it to keep me motivated thru the winter! :)

Pulled(PP)pork

Did a quick 2.5mi in 21:38

PP

hawgrunner

Monday 5.01Mi in 41:10
Tuesday 3.1 Mi in 23:08
Wednesday 4.50 Mi in 34:41

:)

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on December 18, 2013, 05:15:00 pm
Did a quick 2.5mi in 21:38

PP

that is pretty swooft.  i did a little longer than that (2.68) in 23 and some change.  but my legs are tiny so i'm gonna claim that more steps slow me down.

Quote from: rock642 on December 18, 2013, 10:51:37 pm
Monday 5.01Mi in 41:10
Tuesday 3.1 Mi in 23:08
Wednesday 4.50 Mi in 34:41

:)

damn dude.

Pulled(PP)pork

hawgrunner

Coondog Hog

I ain't getting no faster, but I don't worry about too much I try to keep a 5mph or better pace.  I'm still tipping the scales at 240 so I feel like i'm still doing alright.  My half marathon program is taking it slow on distances I'm fighting the urge to run longer distances and just stick with the 16 week plan.

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan

Delicious~Dreams

That's not bad times.  You are running and that's all that matters.  Keep going.   :)

I found the so called programs didn't fit me.....I had to modify them and when I stopped worrying,  I got better.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: rock642 on December 19, 2013, 09:40:26 pm
Yep, and looks like a nice area to run.
I just hate dodging traffic, some of that is a very busy road, and sometimes they don't slow or move over for anything

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Just missed out on my goal of 60mins to complete

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/417996253

maybe the 40mph wind had something to do with that, lol

PP

kingofdequeen

3.2 in 28:34, after xmas dinner and about half a bottle of wine.

to the finely tuned athlete...

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: kingofdequeen on December 21, 2013, 06:03:25 pm

I'm thinking Quaaludes for my next run

PP

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on December 21, 2013, 06:03:25 pm

I thought sure you lit the menorah and celebrated the Festival of Lights bro.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Pulled(PP)pork

I'm going to drink down the 900+ calories I burned off today, damn you Sam Adams!!

PP

hawgrunner

Here are some shots from today's 5 mile run.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: rock642 on December 21, 2013, 06:42:04 pm
Here are some shots from today's 5 mile run.

I hate you!  and extreeeeeeeemly jealous

PP

Junkyard Hog

Cranked out 8+ miles watching the Razorback game.

Coondog Hog

- Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

hawgpharmer

Ran the Fayetteville Half Marathon yesterday. Didn't beat my goal of 2 hours. Finished in 2:02

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: hawgpharmer on December 22, 2013, 04:25:08 pm
Ran the Fayetteville Half Marathon yesterday. Didn't beat my goal of 2 hours. Finished in 2:02
wow!  good job

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

my goal is to run a 10k in 55min or less....that and lose 15lbs

PP

kingofdequeen

Quote from: hawgpharmer on December 22, 2013, 04:25:08 pm

trying to qualify for PP?

kingofdequeen

December 22, 2013, 09:07:18 pm #239 Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 01:51:08 pm by kingofdequeen
3.2 chasing my wife yesterday.   

7 mi in 1:09 today.  farthest i've run in my life.  gonna be able to say that a lot over the next few weeks.

Delicious~Dreams

Nothing wrong with chasing your wife.  Lol!!

I ran 5.03 miles in 42 min.   That's slow....my first 5k was 28.36.   A friend told me to run repeats o gain speed. 

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Delicious~Dreams on December 22, 2013, 09:30:45 pm
Nothing wrong with chasing your wife.  Lol!!

I ran 5.03 miles in 42 min.   That's slow....my first 5k was 28.36.   A friend told me to run repeats o gain speed. 

that ho's fast.  i can't stay within sight of her on a trail. 

Delicious~Dreams

Trails are a completely different animal.   Good Luck in building stamina to keep up.  At least you have a nice view ahead of you for motivation.  Think positive! 

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: kingofdequeen on December 22, 2013, 09:07:18 pm
3.25 mi yesterday chasing my wife - 27:59

7 mi in 1:09 today.  farthest i've run in my life.  gonna be able to say that a lot over the next few weeks.
that's a good time, my best 5k was like 24min over flat ground.  my official was 27mins with hills.

the 7 miler is a real good time for a novice, nice pace

PP

hilljack

Finished my annual christmas 10K yesterday with a time of 0:54:10.  And for the first time in 20+ years of running, my right nip is chaffed something fierce!

PintailKiller

A year ago Thanksgiving, I could run 8.5 miles at a 9 minute clip.  Now, I am doing good to get 2 miles under 11:30 per.
At 46 and 280, it is amazing how fast you lose it.  Been out 3 times since Friday and heading out in a few, once the sun gets a little higher.  Hate running in sub freezing cold, but hey, I am making myself get back out there and get back in the habit.
FWIW - my best official 5K is 28:02.  Unofficial is 26:33.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: PintailKiller on December 24, 2013, 08:23:34 am
A year ago Thanksgiving, I could run 8.5 miles at a 9 minute clip.  Now, I am doing good to get 2 miles under 11:30 per.
At 46 and 280, it is amazing how fast you lose it.  Been out 3 times since Friday and heading out in a few, once the sun gets a little higher.  Hate running in sub freezing cold, but hey, I am making myself get back out there and get back in the habit.
FWIW - my best official 5K is 28:02.  Unofficial is 26:33.
one step at a time PTK, one step....

PP

Delicious~Dreams

I can't run more than a little over 7miles at a time for some reason without having to stop and it's frustrating!!    I keep telling myself I can do it but my legs say....Nope!    :(

kingofdequeen

Hello downtown Harrisburg. 

2 miles at 17:28. It's cold as balls.  Going back out in a few hours. 

Pulled(PP)pork

just got in from my second personal 10k, knocked 4min 10sec off my time

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/419209160

Pulled out...