Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What did you grill/Smoke this week???

Started by BR, July 15, 2012, 08:42:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Boarcephus on June 02, 2016, 07:10:18 pm
It is.  I need to change it out and flat haven't done it.  Anymore I don't do a lot of high heat or super long cooks so it works fine.  One of these days I'll get to it. 

It looks better than mine. Mine doesnt leak too bad so I havent changed it.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Boarcephus

Quote from: PharmacistHog on June 02, 2016, 07:20:39 pm
It looks better than mine. Mine doesnt leak too bad so I havent changed it.

Same here.  i checked into it and they said it won't hurt the egg itself, it just helps regulating the heat so I just haven't done it.   I did ribs the other day and it stayed at a constant 225 throughout the cook, so if it ain't broke.....   :)

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Boarcephus on June 02, 2016, 07:30:54 pm
Same here.  i checked into it and they said it won't hurt the egg itself, it just helps regulating the heat so I just haven't done it.   I did ribs the other day and it stayed at a constant 225 throughout the cook, so if it ain't broke.....   :)

Ive seen too many folks start messing with it and move or loosen a band and end up with an overbite they cant fix.
Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Boarcephus

Quote from: PharmacistHog on June 02, 2016, 07:43:45 pm
Ive seen too many folks start messing with it and move or loosen a band and end up with an overbite they cant fix.

I'm not the most mechanically inclined person in the world so I'm sure I'd screw it up.  I'll probably not mess with it.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Boarcephus on June 02, 2016, 08:03:17 pm
I'm not the most mechanically inclined person in the world so I'm sure I'd screw it up.  I'll probably not mess with it.

I put one on my small egg. I bought a rutland gasket and only replaced the bottom. It was so bad I HAD to change it. I didnt fool with the bands so no problem.
Millennials suck...

ShooShooBlue

twatever!!!😂

ImHogginIt

Grilled brats tonight. Will put two Boston Butts and two pork loins on the smoker in the morning since it stopped raining in Texas.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: BR on June 13, 2016, 06:42:34 pm
Not a bad weekend...
my first and only question, how do you plan the timing out on all of that, so food doesn't get cold?
nvmd, I see all that hardware in some of those pics

PP

BR

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on June 14, 2016, 08:17:40 am
my first and only question, how do you plan the timing out on all of that, so food doesn't get cold?
nvmd, I see all that hardware in some of those pics

PP
I'm blessed I have 4 smokers & 3 Grills..

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: BR on June 14, 2016, 08:28:20 am
I'm blessed I have 4 smokers & 3 Grills..
If I ever make it to KC, I'm looking you up. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on June 14, 2016, 09:28:20 pm
If I ever make it to KC, I'm looking you up. 

He's goin outta town that weekend.
Millennials suck...

Hog_Swanson

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on June 14, 2016, 09:37:10 pm
Just my luck.   >:( :'(

I bet I shot any chance of you grabbing me some okie joe's bbq sauce next time you go up there all to hell didnt I?
Millennials suck...

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: PharmacistHog on June 14, 2016, 09:43:56 pm
I bet I shot any chance of you grabbing me some okie joe's bbq sauce next time you go up there all to hell didnt I?
I'll bring ya a bottle of ketchup, but that's it.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on June 15, 2016, 12:56:29 pm
I'll bring ya a bottle of ketchup, but that's it.

Yeah I didnt think that thru. Maybe Shags goin up there soon.
Millennials suck...

BR

BR

PharmacistHog

Quote from: BR on June 15, 2016, 07:35:39 pm
http://www.thekansascitybbqstore.com/products/joes-kansas-city-bar-b-que-sauce

Just order it on line...

Last I checked shipping was more than the sauce. Shaggy's going up next weekend. He gonna hook me up.
Millennials suck...

ImHogginIt

Couple of pork butts on the Weber Smokey Mountain. Hopefully will be ready to pull off just before the NASCAR race at 7 pm.

Pulled(PP)pork

was trying to decide between tri-tip or a butt....probably go with steaks and burgers.

PP

PorkRinds

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 02, 2016, 08:13:17 am
Couple of pork butts on the Weber Smokey Mountain. Hopefully will be ready to pull off just before the NASCAR race at 7 pm.

I'm gonna bet it ain't ready at 7.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on July 02, 2016, 09:44:50 am
was trying to decide between tri-tip or a butt....probably go with steaks and burgers.

PP

Tri tip!  Best thing I've made on my primo.  And super cheap/easy.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 02, 2016, 11:13:12 am
Tri tip!  Best thing I've made on my primo.  And super cheap/easy.
I agree, I can finally have a little bit of California on my egg

PP

ImHogginIt

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 02, 2016, 11:12:35 am
I'm gonna bet it ain't ready at 7.

Yes they will be done. I smoke mine at about 275. Here they are at 6 hours a few mins ago

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 02, 2016, 02:05:10 pm
Yes they will be done. I smoke mine at about 275. Here they are at 6 hours a few mins ago

200 degrees and off the smoker at 4:20 p.m.. Cooking temps ran closer to 285 than 275. Hell I've done butts at 300 and can't tell a difference in ones done at 225 for much longer smoke times

PorkRinds

Nice! I usually give myself way more time than I actually need because I'm a bit gun-shy after having hungry people waiting once or twice.  I've started doing my butts right at 300 and can't really tell a difference 

kibster

Grilled pork chops, okra, and carrots. Also tossed a buttered piece  of sourdough on there grill with all of it right at the end.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

BR

Ribs, Chicken, Lobster smoked Mac & cheese, Cheesy Sweet Corn, BR's baked beans & Pork Belly Burnt Ends.

Pulled(PP)pork

grilled two mean ribeyes with loaded baked potatoes and sauteed some mushrooms....drank a beer or 4 also.

PP

BR

hoosier

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: BR on August 30, 2016, 10:08:03 am
Getting ready for some football
how do you get all those pics loaded, is there something easier than photobucket?

PP

BR

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on August 30, 2016, 10:28:00 am
how do you get all those pics loaded, is there something easier than photobucket?

PP
Hit Reply
Go Down to Attachments and Other Options
Attach:   Then click file on your computer and done

You must say something in Main Body...

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: BR on August 30, 2016, 01:31:03 pm

Hit Reply

21,000 posts and he is just now figuring that out.  I guess I can't talk much, took me 6000. ;D

PharmacistHog

Ive always dumped them with photobucket. So im a dumbass, too.
Millennials suck...

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: BR on August 30, 2016, 01:31:03 pm

Hit Reply

can't do it from my iphone, which is where most of my pics are held.  keeps saying it can't upload that type of image
just tried again, won't let me do it

PP

BR

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on August 30, 2016, 05:16:29 pm
can't do it from my iphone, which is where most of my pics are held.  keeps saying it can't upload that type of image
just tried again, won't let me do it

PP
Sorry Brother, I never look at HV on the phone... 

Pulled(PP)pork

I think it doesn't work with my ipad either, Doglous!!!!

PP

PorkRinds

It used to work with iPhone. Then after one of the forum updates it stopped working. But yeah, for iPhone pics you have to photobucket them or some other source. I usually just upload them to google drive and download them to my laptop and then post.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boarcephus on May 30, 2016, 04:59:00 pm
Here you go DeltaBoy.  Grilled these marinated chicken thighs yesterday and thought of you!  ;)

Thanks the Good Lord knows I always cooking some yard bird.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

With the Bride being slow to recover this fall from her Summer Cancer Scare I not cooked at all this Fall
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

ImHogginIt

Four 10 lb Boston Butts. This was about 3 hrs into the cook

Boarcephus

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 01, 2016, 08:00:28 pm
Four 10 lb Boston Butts. This was about 3 hrs into the cook

Man those look good.  I've never cooked a Boston Butt in my life but may have to after looking at those.  I think my next grilling will be next week after a road trip to Shreveport to pick up 60 pounds of oysters. 

DeltaBoy

If the weather works out I will grill some during Christmas break.

kibster

This may be cheating, but I did a 48 hour lamb shoulder.  I sous vide it at 131 degrees for 48 hours, then got my egg screaming hot and finished off on there.  Served it with a port demi glace and it was pretty amazing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNVqfEfD7U1/?hl=en
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

PorkRinds

Quote from: kibster on December 07, 2016, 01:43:28 pm
This may be cheating, but I did a 48 hour lamb shoulder.  I sous vide it at 131 degrees for 48 hours, then got my egg screaming hot and finished off on there.  Served it with a port demi glace and it was pretty amazing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNVqfEfD7U1/?hl=en

If that's cheating call me a terrible person cause I'd tear it up!

pigture perfect

I would eat it all except the cauliflower. I hate that stuff. Worst thing for gout. Surprisingly.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DeltaBoy

Quote from: pigture perfect on December 07, 2016, 04:51:35 pm
I would eat it all except the cauliflower. I hate that stuff. Worst thing for gout. Surprisingly.
WOW I never hear that before , That sucks I don't eat it much but that just stinks as much as my Daughter being allergic to Carrots and Tomatoes .

kibster

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 08, 2016, 09:11:58 am
WOW I never hear that before , That sucks I don't eat it much but that just stinks as much as my Daughter being allergic to Carrots and Tomatoes .

Never heard that either.  We eat a lot of cauliflower in our house.
My mother in law recently developed a tomato allergy.  So weird.