Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee and Miss State will provide Arkansas with their first true tests.

Started by Bomis Hawg, October 28, 2007, 08:50:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomis Hawg

Give me a minute to explain myself.

Despite what some believe is a semi-soft pre-conference slate, I think it has some good spots.  CofC and potentially VCU would be a nice duo early on the schedule.  Providence/Temple has name value, not sure what they'll provide this year.

Missouri, Oral Roberts, and Oklahoma will do well for Arkansas.  Watch out for Baylor.  Appalachian State and Missouri State are mid-major teams that could have an impact, but we'll see.

Now on to the Tennessee and Mississippi State part here.  Arkansas will have 8 games under their belt in SEC play.  They'll have faced Auburn, Georgia, and LSU on the road and would've faced Florida, MSU, and Alabama at home.

The reason why I mention those two teams are for very specific reasons.  They are back-to-back games.  Tennessee is on the road on Feb. 13th (Wednesday).  It will be the first mid-week road game of the year.  I believe, if my math is right, they've lost 15 straight mid-week road tests.  And, that Saturday, they travel to The Hump to face Mississippi State.  It will be the first time a team from the SECW will face Arkansas for the second team.  How will they respond to Arkansas' style and how will Arkansas' offense evolve in adjustments to the way MSU plays?

Just a thought.  Go Hogs!   :razorback: