Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Begin Season at #19 in ESPN/USA Today Coaches' Poll

Started by tball275, October 26, 2007, 08:29:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

josh_sec33

"Gonzaga and Texas A&M tied for No. 14 in the poll. Texas is ranked No. 16, followed by Arizona, USC, Arkansas and Pittsburgh."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3080217
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Hollywood_HOGan45

sweet deal

nice to see us rated in the top 25.

Its been awhile.

They need to plan on staying for a long time.

Pignominious

Wow I think we completely avoided the top 25 in the Heat era.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on October 26, 2007, 10:48:05 am
Wow I think we completely avoided the top 25 in the Heat era.

i beleive the last time we were ranked was at the beginning of the 00-01 season

Modsquad24

you are correct Hollywood, lastime we were ranked was the beggining of 00-01 when Joe Johnson was a Sophomore after leading us to the SEC Tournament Championship as a freshmen, I'll never forget how dissapointed I was we started out 16th hosted a tourney at home beat like Tenn. State in game 1 loss to Southern Miss in game 2, I think there will be a big difference this time, I kinda felt that team was overrated not this one. GHG!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Modsquad24 on October 26, 2007, 11:01:22 am
you are correct Hollywood, lastime we were ranked was the beggining of 00-01 when Joe Johnson was a Sophomore after leading us to the SEC Tournament Championship as a freshmen, I'll never forget how dissapointed I was we started out 16th hosted a tourney at home beat like Tenn. State in game 1 loss to Southern Miss in game 2, I think there will be a big difference this time, I kinda felt that team was overrated not this one. GHG!

that 00-01 team should have done better IMO. No we were not a complete team but I felt Joe Johnson kinda dogged it in some games.
Yeah that team should have never lost to Southern Miss at home. Very disappointing season that year when we had JJ, Teddy, Dean, and Pargo.

I think this team is more of a complete team and Patrick Beverley will not dog it like Joe Johnson did in some games. We have a ton of depth inside, gotta give it up to COach Heath for stocking us inside.
Just gotta get some good guard play from Welsh and Ervin and this will be a fun year.

Cant wait to get this thing tipped off.

Modsquad24

I feel you brother I can't wait just til the first exhibition to hear them on the radio, now that we know the hogs are 19th in the USA today/coaches poll, it will be interesting to see how long it takes the AP poll to come out behind it? I imagine the hogs will be about the same 18-19, GHG!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Modsquad24 on October 26, 2007, 11:12:54 am
I feel you brother I can't wait just til the first exhibition to hear them on the radio, now that we know the hogs are 19th in the USA today/coaches poll, it will be interesting to see how long it takes the AP poll to come out behind it? I imagine the hogs will be about the same 18-19, GHG!

hope we have alot of fans come out to the 11-2 x game.
Thats the night before the football team plays a ranked south carolina team.

Im more excited about the basketball game than that game agasint Spurrier

Ish O

That's great news. Hope they can stay in the polls all season.

razorhead69