Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Pel's press conference reference Red and White game

Started by olblueyes, October 25, 2007, 07:41:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

olblueyes

Following, supporting, and rooting the hogs on 24/7 X 365!!!!

coach, my back hurts

I dont like hearing about these players causin trouble.  Didnt we have players miss some of the Cancun games and even the Mid-Night Madness? 

If memory serves correctly didnt Bev and Ervin miss curfew a couple of times last yr?  Or Weems?  This is got to stop.

slopinhogs

the way the article read the problem was in the classromm evidently didn't turn in some work or something. for Beverly and Ervin.Washington is STILL Suspened for his escapade.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

dakpowers

Quote from: coach, my back hurts on October 25, 2007, 08:19:21 pm
I dont like hearing about these players causin trouble.  Didnt we have players miss some of the Cancun games and even the Mid-Night Madness? 

If memory serves correctly didnt Bev and Ervin miss curfew a couple of times last yr?  Or Weems?  This is got to stop.
Right, but if Heath had the cajones that Pel does, half the team would have been suspended for the entire year last year. I welcome the discipline.

razorback903

I welcome the discipline as well.  I don't think it's a bad idea to let everyone know that these players are screwing up.  If everyone knows then they will get after these players as well and before long (hopefully) these young men will get the clue and start to do right.  If I remember right about the time Heath was being fired there was a lot of discipline problems among the team.  Pelphrey is trying to nip it before it gets out of control.  Pelphrey is not only a coach of basketball, he is also a coach on life.  He is letting them know that their actions have consequences.  Bravo Coach Pelphrey.
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

HawgG

Quote from: dakpowers on October 25, 2007, 10:12:28 pm

Right, but if Heath had the cajones that Pel does, half the team would have been suspended for the entire year last year. I welcome the discipline.

Weems and Beverley were a few minutes late  for one meeting because they overslept last season.

This is already the 3rd incident in less then a month under the new regime with the players.

Doesn't seem like they are fearing much or maybe just don't care from where I'm sitting.

This is Coach Pelphrey's problem not Coach Heath's.He for the 10,000th time is the HC of USF, where he has his own problems of a different kind to worry about.

SPAL

Quote from: HawgG on October 26, 2007, 09:30:58 am

Weems and Beverley were a few minutes late  for one meeting because they overslept last season.

This is already the 3rd incident in less then a month under the new regime with the players.

Doesn't seem like they are fearing much or maybe just don't care from where I'm sitting.

This is Coach Pelphrey's problem not Coach Heath's.He for the 10,000th time is the HC of USF, where he has his own problems of a different kind to worry about.

man, u gotta lot to learn

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HawgG on October 26, 2007, 09:30:58 am

its called having some discipline.
Beverley missed a team bus and it sounds like Pel is trying to get these guys to pick it up in the classroom.
Washington's suspension is a continuation from a previous incident. Who knows what that could be.

Jimmy Dykes says this team is in great shape and that we have alot to look forward to.
Everyone who has seen practices says that Pel has this team in the best shape its been in.

HawgG

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on October 26, 2007, 10:31:51 am
Everyone who has seen practices says that Pel has this team in the best shape its been in.

They should have a great season, maybe a final 4 appearance.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HawgG on October 26, 2007, 10:54:35 am

final 4 appearance?
Is this somebody posing as HawG?

HawgG

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on October 26, 2007, 11:08:09 am

final 4 appearance?
Is this somebody posing as HawgG?
HaHaHa,, just being optimistic and realistic.

Ofcourse I predicted on this board back in March that this team has a great shot of making it to the Final4 and I would be disappointed if they didn't no matter who the HC was or is.

I can't back out now or flip flop, now that would not be HawgG.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HawgG on October 26, 2007, 12:12:43 pm

final 4 appearance?

Ofcourse I predicted on this board back in March that this team has a great shot of making it to the Final4 and I would be disappointed if they didn't no matter who the HC was or is.

dang I like the makeup of this team but I still question our PG play. Ervin can be really erratic. We're still pretty thin in the backcourt. We need Rakestraw back.

I'll take our first sweet 16 bid in 11 years and be cool with that.

dakpowers

Quote from: HawgG on October 26, 2007, 10:51:51 am
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 26, 2007, 10:08:59 am

Look I can use big smileys too:

What I'm saying is, practices were closed because the players would yell at the coaches while Heath was here, and Heath would bend over and take it. Do you think Pel would put up with that? What better way to whip these boys into shape early than making them sit out scrimmages and miss the fun, for relatively minor stuff?

HawgG

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on October 26, 2007, 12:19:24 pm

final 4 appearance?

dang I like the makeup of this team but I still question our PG play. Ervin can be really erratic. We're still pretty thin in the backcourt. We need Rakestraw back.

Your concerns about Ervin is valid, because when he speeds up to much all we get is turnovers and bad decisions.However we saw when Ervin played in a control break uptempo he can be pretty good.

The fear here is that Pelphrey wants Ervin playing as fast as he can, and for 4 college years that has not turned out well.

You mentioned earlier about Arkansas should easily break the press this season, well doesn't that also hinge on how your PG reacts to having to make good quick decisions?

Who came up with the very old but true saying that teams who press don't like to be press?

However I'm sure the UA coaches will find the gear that works best for Ervin and he and the team will have a good year.

HawgG

Quote from: dakpowers on October 26, 2007, 12:37:08 pm

What I'm saying is, practices were closed because the players would yell at the coaches while Heath was here, and Heath would bend over and take it. Do you think Pel would put up with that? What better way to whip these boys into shape early than making them sit out scrimmages and miss the fun, for relatively minor stuff?

Hmmmmm,,,,, interesting information you come up with.

Yell I don't evvvveeerrrr recall a player being discipline while Heath was here, no sir not at all.

I don't know who the coach is at USF who just recently disciplined his players for some minor stuff, couldn't have been Heath.

I also don't know who has the players working harder and getting in better shape then they have ever been at USF, it could not be Heath.

Thank goodness the UA players went to class and rarely got into trouble while Stan was their coach since they cared nothing about him.

I wonder where is Heath these days?

I assume you and others know everything about him since he is constantly brought up over and over again for no reason at all.

Pignominious

Quote from: dakpowers on October 26, 2007, 12:37:08 pm

Look I can use big smileys too:

Haha that is to funny.  +1
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HawgG on October 26, 2007, 12:39:27 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on October 26, 2007, 12:19:24 pm

final 4 appearance?

Your concerns about Ervin is valid, because when he speeds up to much all we get is turnovers and bad decisions.However we saw when Ervin played in a control break uptempo he can be pretty good.

The fear here is that Pelphrey wants Ervin playing as fast as he can, and for 4 college years that has not turned out well.

You mentioned earlier about Arkansas should easily break the press this season, well doesn't that also hinge on how your PG reacts to having to make good quick decisions?

Who came up with the very old but true saying that teams who press don't like to be press?

However I'm sure the UA coaches will find the gear that works best for Ervin and he and the team will have a good year.

I didnt say we would easily break presses.
I said i hoped Coach Pel would have us prepared for presses better than Coach Heath did last season.

We're gonna need it to beat missouri at home this year and also Tennessee.
I remember last season against Tennessee we couldnt even inbound the ball. hopefully those days are over.

I just really wish we had a pure PG to back up Ervin.