Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Preseason Media Poll

Started by Adam Stokes, October 23, 2007, 04:07:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Stokes

http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=3&url_article_id=9770&change_well_id=2

Here's how it shapes up.

Arkansas was picked to win the division, and every writer who didn't pick Arkansas to win it voted them second. 

Patrick Beverly made it to the ALL-SEC Team, Steven Hill made it to the ALL-SEC 2nd team.

Go Hogs

HogSophist

Ahh true hope. I had it before the 06 football season. Long live pel.
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

hogfankb

How did Alabama get a first place vote?

I think we have a good shot at an overall SEC title. It hurts having to go to Tenn but we might get lucky and have them slip up in a few games. I think them having to play Florida/Kentucky twice is tougher than anyone we will have to play twice. So maybe we can sneak out with an overall title.

blueshog2001

I didn't know Hill was from Bronson. ;)

jbcarol

Lexington beat writer's vote on SEC West:

The SEC recently asked for pre-season predictions. After flipping coins, splitting a few hairs and stabbing blindly at various lists, here's my ballot:

Western Division: 1. Arkansas. 2. Mississippi State. 3. Auburn. 4. Alabama. 5. Ole Miss. 6. LSU.

Comment: Auburn is the most experienced team. Mississippi State has maybe the best player in Jamont Gordon. The pick is Arkansas, and the fingers are crossed that former UK hero John Pelphrey can get steady leadership from point guard Gary Ervin.

http://www.kentucky.com/276/story/208561.html
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

TRUHOG718

Congrats P Bev. This is your team. Remember You have to be the vocal leader as well. WPS
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

SpareRib

I'm excited about the bball Hogs this year.  Folks I saw at a high school football game last weekend said Pel has the guys breathing fire.  I believe we have the talent to excel, and hopefully Coach Pel can keep that fire burning.

Go Hogs :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

HawgG

IMO Tenn is easily the best SEC team overall, however UK and UF will be better then some may think.

MSU should win the West followed by Arkansas.The SEC is going through a rebuilding/reloading season so MSU, Tenn, and Ark should really rack up 10+ conference wins because they will have the experience over all or most of the other teams in the league.Arkansas may be the most or among the most experienced teams in all of college basketball.

Back to the Vols, what a team Bruce Pearl has put together and what great gifts he received in transfers Prince and Smith.

A few months ago I said Arkansas should make it to the final 4 because of many things in their favor this season.I think Tenn is good enough to win the '08 National Championship.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HawgG on October 24, 2007, 07:27:36 am
IMO Tenn is easily the best SEC team overall, however UK and UF will be better then some may think.

MSU should win the West followed by Arkansas.The SEC is going through a rebuilding/reloading season so MSU, Tenn, and Ark should really rack up 10+ conference wins because they will have the experience over all or most of the other teams in the league.Arkansas may be the most or among the most experienced teams in all of college basketball.

Back to the Vols, what a team Bruce Pearl has put together and what great gifts he received in transfers Prince and Smith.

A few months ago I said Arkansas should make it to the final 4 because of many things in their favor this season.I think Tenn is good enough to win the '08 National Championship.

MSU lost the delk twins. that may hurt them.

UT good enough to win the national title?
Boy i dont know if i would go that far.

Carrmaduke

[/quote]

[/quote]

Didn't one of the Delk twins transfer to Arkansas? Is he practicing with the team, or did he go somewhere else?

PiggoBitttys

Neither Delk transferred to Arkansas. I think they went to Louisville.

HogsGoneWild

Auburn is the most experienced, how is that?

HawgG

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on October 24, 2007, 11:07:04 am

MSU is bringing in better players to replace the Delk Twins who I personally was not impressed by.Maybe because of their last name I was expecting more.The twin that had a decent stroke from deep was not a bad player, as he proved against Arkansas, but the other was a little sorry.

I do think that if you take into account of how the entire SEC except 3 teams are in rebuilding mode I can see Arkansas and UT racking of a bunch of wins which will give them a top 4 seed in the NCAAT.

I'm a believer in the better the seed the better the chances of advancing.

I will look at UT's non-conference schedule to see who they play to get a better judge of what I predict them to do this season when this topic is revisited.

I do know Arkansas's schedule and frankly they should not be threaten to lose a game until they are into SEC play.IMO only MSU and Tenn are games where if Arkansas looses it won't be considered an upset.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HawgG on October 26, 2007, 09:50:15 am

MSU is bringing in better players to replace the Delk Twins who I personally was not impressed by.Maybe because of their last name I was expecting more.The twin that had a decent stroke from deep was not a bad player, as he proved against Arkansas, but the other was a little sorry.

I do think that if you take into account of how the entire SEC except 3 teams are in rebuilding mode I can see Arkansas and UT racking of a bunch of wins which will give them a top 4 seed in the NCAAT.

I will look at UT's non-conference schedule to see who they play to get a better judge of what I predict them to do this season when this topic is revisited.

I do know Arkansas's schedule and frankly they should not be threaten to lose a game until they are into SEC play.IMO only MSU and Tenn are games where if Arkansas looses it won't be considered an upset.

who knows how Stansbury gets all these good players to Skankville?
He must be one hellacious recruiter.
And yes Arkansas doesnt have a real bumpy non conference schedule but its still challenging. We should beat Missouri at home and should beat Baylor in Dallas. Im a little concerned about the possibility of playing Virginia COmmenwealth. Hopefully Coach Pelphrey will have his team better prepared to face full court pressure than Coach Heath last year.
ORU, Missouri State, and App state will present good challenges for Arkansas.
The biggest one im concerned about is OKlahoma. Its in Norman and they have a 5* 6'10 freshman coming in. I think we should still win that game but it will be tough. There's no doubt about that.

Cant wait to see Coach Pelphrey's first team.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HawgG on October 26, 2007, 09:50:15 am

I can also see Kentucky being pretty good.

When you have an Alex Legion and Pattrick Patterson come in, you definitley have alot to look forward to. I expect good things from the big blue this year.

That UA-UK game on CBS will be unbelieveable. I cannot even imagine the greeting Pel will get in that arena.

Gosh i cant wait for basketball.

Bomis Hawg

30 first-place votes for Tennessee in the East.
Four got first-place votes in the West with Arkansas having the most at 18.
Oddly enough, Tennessee got 28 of the 30 Champion votes (MSU got the other 2).

Which division will be the best this year?
Both divisions look strong three deep.