Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rakestraw Hurt

Started by The Boar War, October 18, 2007, 05:26:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boar War

Nate Rakestraw broke his right pinky.  He's out 6-8 weeks.

grayhawg

Hollywood_HOGan45

mbgrulz

so now he will be sitting on the sidelines, not only in games, but in practice too. that stinks because i really think his minutes were going to come in the non conf. schedule. once conf. play starts, coaches usually cinch down their lineups to 8 guys.

The Boar War

Im not sure how long he will be out.  I've seen the kid shoot.  He is a pure shooter.  Depending on where the break is it might be possible to tape the pinky and ring finger together without effecting his shot too much.  Maybe its just wishful thinking.

The_Iceman

i saw him walking out of class today with his right hand wrapped.... i guess thats why.

Tomhog™

It's too bad.  He worked really hard over the summer and dropped 25 pounds in preparation for the up-tempo style.  They'll need him come SEC time and he won't have the non-conference games to adjust.  Hope he heals faster than anticipated.

Modsquad24

I suspect he will miss Wofford, the San Juan Shootout and Deleware St, with a chance at being back for Mizzou. I think that would leave him about 9 non conference games, I think we will win just fine without him until he returns healthy for us because the competition dont get quite that tough until Nov. 28 against MU and he should be back by then. GHG!

ColumbianHog

Quote from: Modsquad24 on October 19, 2007, 09:20:29 am
I suspect he will miss Wofford, the San Juan Shootout and Deleware St, with a chance at being back for Mizzou. I think that would leave him about 9 non conference games, I think we will win just fine without him until he returns healthy for us because the competition dont get quite that tough until Nov. 28 against MU and he should be back by then. GHG!

Good point.  He should be back in time to get some experience before SEC play starts.