Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The top hog: Former USA coach Pelphrey now center of attention at Arkansas

Started by Tomhog™, October 17, 2007, 09:21:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

A nice long article out of Alabama on John Pelphrey.

link

Subtlety is no longer part of John Pelphrey's life. Not these days. Not in this job. Not in this state. Not in this league. Not with this team. Not with these fans.

Everything he does -- from driving his candy-apple red (that's Razorback red) "company car," an H2 Hummer with all the amenities, to sitting in his office in Bud Walton Arena that is larger than some student apartments, to signing autographs and "calling the Hogs" -- shows that the former South Alabama basketball coach is livin' large

3kgthog

Awesome. He can stay just because he took the Razorback Red H2. It's about time we had a coach that got something besides the standard Tahoe or Suburban. That sucker probably helps in recruiting too. Coach Pel, rolling on 22"s, pulling up to the curb at XNA to pick up our future Hogs.

jorgito

I really think this guy is going to be something special.  I don't know what it is, but I think we really found something. 

Hollywood_HOGan45

TRUHOG718

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on October 17, 2007, 11:06:09 am
white should be fired for hiring dana altman

But Mommy I dont want to play with the big boys. I might get hurt!  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

razorhead94

"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

razorhead94

I can't wait to see what Pelphrey says about hearing the hog call with a 19,000+ bud walton arena.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

stlchiroHOG

i cant wait until basketball season! i think im more excited about pel than i would be about BG or JC, he is young, coached under three great coaches, and is hungry to recruit...the future of hog ball is looking bright..i think after a really good season this year he will get the big time recruits, first time im looking forward to bball in almost 10 years! ghg