Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(if ya think we won't be good in 08-09) DUST OFF YOUR HOG-HAT. "AND PREPARE TO RETURN TO HELL/PEL"

Started by TRUHOG718, October 17, 2007, 07:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TRUHOG718

"THE RETURN TO HELL"

I have read posts in with people already getting critical and worried about whats to come in regards to the BBall team after the seniors graduate. Some of you made some good reply's to posters doubts about our team but Im going to try to give a longer perspective If I may.

First how can anyone have an issue with Patsa.  While our youth are busy learning how to crossover and dunk those oversees players are learning fundamentals and defense. I for one am looking at the glass half full by saying I want to see if the SEC SF's can match up to Patsa who not only plays the game but THINKS THE GAME. Why worry now about that when he hasnt even played a game yet (give the guy the benefit of the doubt.) And we still have scholarships left. Same as many were nervous about Coach Pel's recruiting two weeks ago and the early signing period hasnt even begun. (arent we supposed to panic next spring when all recruits are signed and we have none)  Now he signs three quality guys and everyone exhales and switches to saying well what about this or what about that. Winners dont say that. We say were going to Kick Arse no matter if we have 4 Bigs or No bigs.  We have to get back to thinking like that. (Believe me the feeling is addictive to the players, the state, and is half the battle against the opposition.

As far as signing more bigs understand we are going to be palying 40 minutes of Pel.  We need 10 players in rotation and 4 bigs is enough. And here we are again saying this guy cant guard Noah and Horford and BLA BLAH BLAH. (How many teams have Noah and Horford. (thats why they won 2 in a row) Dont forget we have players too and the other team has to GUARD US. Do you think any team in their right mind will be looking forward to playing against a seasoned Michael Washington, Patrick Beverley, Fortson and supporting cast (I THINK NOT) Thats the stuff Im getting at. Im going to tell every recruit, player, TEXAS, Kentucky, Tennessee fans, and anyone who will listen that We arethe NEW RAZORBACKS and we will kick your ARSE. I felt that way 10 years ago and I feel that way again now. You ever talk to a Kentucky Fan. Are they not the most Cocky people you can talk BBall with? They feel like every other program in the SEC is beneath them. Thats how I used to feel about us and Im going to be the general in the NEW MOVEMENT to get us back to that MENTALITY, no matter who likes it or not. DOES ANYONE HAVE MY BACK???

I thnk our bigs did a good job against Florida and none of our bigs are That Good (seriously) except Washington. And since when have 6'10, 6'10, 6'9, and 6,8 been considered undersized. We cant play 40 minutes of running with a bunch of 7 footers. It just doesn't work that way. (REMEMBER MISSOURI kicked our 7 ft arses last year witha 6'9 center...REMEMBER)?

This program is headed in the right direction and I get a little upset when I feel people are looking for something to complain about. Its all about our team so screw every other team they are the enemy (thats the attitude we have to get back to) Thats how we used to think but years of medeocrity can lead some fans to be too passive to have true confidence in in being positive even though change is right in front of your face.
So why can anyone speculate that we will not be better with the new style and the new recruits. (FYI this happens to the great teams every year so get used to it because the better we are the better recruits we get and the earlier they leave, thats a great problem to have IMO) I think they are going to come in and adopt the new team toughness Pel is bringing and we are going to kick Arse for years to come.

Am I a optimist (NO) I just believe we are on the verge of something special, Im happy with whats going on on the Hill as far as BBall is concerned and my attitude or SWAGGER is going to match my teams toughness.   Screw a letdown and Screw a Dropoff. I wont allow myself to believe that. The team I saw play Bucknell in the tourny was a representation of our team, coach, and the attitudes of our fans at the present time. But those days are over as far as BBALL. For me they are done. Unless the team Shows me otherwise.

You cannot say what if someone gets hurt. Thats BBall. You deal with it and move on. Players leave early for the Draft, Dont make grades, get suspended its part of sports.  Its called ADVERSITY. The good teams deal with it, not so good teams fold it up and call it a season. So next time you pass a kentucky fan on the street give em the Finger and tell em "ITS ALL ABOUT THE RAZORBACKS, GET ON THE TRAIN OR GET THE HELL/PEL OFF THE TRACK"                                                               
                                                          Thanks and WOOOO PIG SOOOOOIIEEEEEEE   TRUHOG718
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

hogfankb

I think you are misunderstanding the conversations that are going on.

First this is a discussion board. People are going to discuss both the positives and negatives of the teams. If they didn't there wouldn't be much of a point to come read the board. That doesn't mean we aren't all excited about the future of the razorbacks. I am very excited about Pels potential here. I think we are probably a top 15 possibly even top 10 team this year but we are losing a lot of seniors. So there is going to be speculation on how they will be replaced. If we just sat back and said Pel will take care of it (I am sure he will) then there wouldn't be much point in having a recruiting forum.

Patsa. Yes he will probably come in fundamental sound. We know he can shoot but we also haven't seen him play a game yet. He will either have to start or come off the bench for heavy minutes next year. Most of the time guarding the other teams biggest most athletic wing. Who knows if he can do that or whether we will sign an athletic wing to play behind or infront of him. Nobody but that is what discussion boards are all about...discussion.

I don't think anyone is in a panic. No one is saying Fire Pel! From what I have seen almost all are confident in Pel. But winners as you put it are also always looking to improve on their weaknesses which is all people are doing on here.

3kgthog

Do we have a reason to be a little less optimistic about next season? Of course. Will we return to a season like Stan Heath's first year? Probably not.

We don't need to worry right now about the players that Pelphrey is recruiting. Our system is going to switch so if he's not recruiting true centers and power fowards then we shouldn't be alarmed. We're going to need guys that can run all night, shoot and play defense.

Besides, I can already tell that Pelphrey can be the bad cop that Stan Heath was never able to be. John has his lighthearted moments, but he'll chew some butt if it needs chewing. We have needed discipline like that for a long time. I'm glad it appears to be back. Any coach that will allow his players to chest bump him before the first practice is a keeper in my book. That shows they like him and that's a huge first step.

TRUHOG718

Quote from: hogfankb on October 17, 2007, 09:26:34 am
I think you are misunderstanding the conversations that are going on.

First this is a discussion board. People are going to discuss both the positives and negatives of the teams. If they didn't there wouldn't be much of a point to come read the board. That doesn't mean we aren't all excited about the future of the razorbacks. I am very excited about Pels potential here. I think we are probably a top 15 possibly even top 10 team this year but we are losing a lot of seniors. So there is going to be speculation on how they will be replaced. If we just sat back and said Pel will take care of it (I am sure he will) then there wouldn't be much point in having a recruiting forum.

Patsa. Yes he will probably come in fundamental sound. We know he can shoot but we also haven't seen him play a game yet. He will either have to start or come off the bench for heavy minutes next year. Most of the time guarding the other teams biggest most athletic wing. Who knows if he can do that or whether we will sign an athletic wing to play behind or infront of him. Nobody but that is what discussion boards are all about...discussion.

I don't think anyone is in a panic. No one is saying Fire Pel! From what I have seen almost all are confident in Pel. But winners as you put it are also always looking to improve on their weaknesses which is all people are doing on here.

I understand your point Hogfankb. I just see as BBall season approaches more people are checking in on the recruiting and BBall forum and the mood is not how it was.  Sometimes when you spend months dealing with the Football BS then you start posting on another forum your instinct is to speculate the WHat Ifs toward BBall since Football is so screwed up right now.

But this is Basketball. Well what If Bev shoots too much this year, What if we cant sign a point guard (in september), what if Pel changes his mind and goes back to South Alabama, What if we can't get a SF. What if we can get a SF and we cant sign someone in 2009. What if this is all a dream and Heath is still our Coach.  I can go on all day. 

Thats all Im saying is that Im trying to keep everyone upbeat and keep the forum's I read the most from making me not want to read them because of all the negative energy.  If Im wrong for that Ill take my critisism and keep it moving. But Im just extremely excited about whats about to take place onthe Hill. I remember 92-93-94-95. Some of the greatest years of my sports life. I just believed my team could do no wrong like a kid believes in Santa. We were the Kentucky and Duke fans of today. Cocky as Hell.  I miss that feeling and I want it Back so Pardon my herculean demeanor Im just Pumped.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

zebra

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on October 17, 2007, 10:56:47 am
Quote from: hogfankb on October 17, 2007, 09:26:34 am

Thats all Im saying is that Im trying to keep everyone upbeat and keep the forum's I read the most from making me not want to read them because of all the negative energy.  If Im wrong for that Ill take my critisism and keep it moving. But Im just extremely excited about whats about to take place onthe Hill. I remember 92-93-94-95. Some of the greatest years of my sports life. I just believed my team could do no wrong like a kid believes in Santa. We were the Kentucky and Duke fans of today. Cocky as Hell.  I miss that feeling and I want it Back so Pardon my herculean demeanor Im just Pumped.

Wow, do I miss those days too.  I couldn't wait till the preseason mags came out, to see how high we could be ranked.