Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sanchez Fitting Right In At Arkansas

Started by Tomhog™, October 15, 2007, 09:24:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

link

To hear his teammates tell it, Sanchez is adjusting well.

"He's a great player, man," said fifth-year senior Vincent Hunter, whose 3-pointer with 1.8 seconds left gave the White team a 39-37 win on Friday. "He's very strong for a freshman. He plays real hard; I love his work ethic. I see him in the weight room."

Hunter added, "He's one of my best friends on this team. He'll be a leader down the road."

hogfankb

Good stuff. I love that he didn't take Corliss's number even though it isn't officially retired.

3kgthog

Sanchez was spanking the upperclassmen on the boards Friday night. I like him already.

Beaverfever

Quote from: hogfankb on October 15, 2007, 12:46:36 pm
Good stuff. I love that he didn't take Corliss's number even though it isn't officially retired.
Seems if corliss offered it to him he'd want him to have it.  I'd have jumped all over the invitation.  Big shoes to fill though.

Carrmaduke

I think Sanchez was a must for Pelphrey to get. He just seems to be the type of player Pel can build a hard-nosed, unselfish team around. WOOOOOO, I can't wait for hoops season.

Bama Hog™

I am excited about Sanchez. I grew up with his family. His dad, uncle and sister were all good atheletes. Good to see Pelphrey grab some local talent.
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

oldfart

his mother was not too shabby as an athlete either.....

Quote from: Bama Hog on October 22, 2007, 03:30:44 pm
I am excited about Sanchez. I grew up with his family. His dad, uncle and sister were all good atheletes. Good to see Pelphrey grab some local talent.

cowboym

Quote from: oldfart on October 22, 2007, 03:57:55 pm
his mother was not too shabby as an athlete either.....

Quote from: Bama Hog on October 22, 2007, 03:30:44 pm

How about an update on how his sister is doing at OU?  that was a big loss for Ladybacks BB but i wouldn't have wanted to play for Susie "stop looking at me like that" Gardner either.
Cowboy M