Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ronnie Brewer Preseason

Started by yraciv, October 11, 2007, 12:13:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

yraciv

Led the Jazz w/ 17 points in 21 minutes tonight, getting the start.  Went 6/8 from field and 5/5 from the line.
http://www.nba.com/games/20071010/MILUTA/boxscore.html

Kilgor

Wow!  I hope he keeps that up in season.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

razerbacker

He made one of the bucs starters look bad with that spin under the hoop and dunk.

booogaga

they say that sloan just doesn't play rookies. so that is probably a lot to do with why he didn't play last season. also he needed to develop an outside shot. he plays the 3 and cant shoot beyond 21 feet. then again what position did grant hill play, he wasn't much of an outside shooter either. anyway i hope he gets more pt this season. i bet he will.
GO HOGS!

ColumbianHog

Just for fun, some famous small forwards and their career 3PT% / PPG:

Grant Hill                          0.251 / 20.0
Dominique Wilkins               0.319 / 24.8
Larry Bird                          0.376/ 24.3
LeBron James                    0.327 / 26.7
Carmelo Anthony               0.279 / 24.1
Scottie Pippen                  0.326 / 16.1
Rick Barry                         0.330 / 23.2
Shane Battier                    0.391 / 7.6
Vince Carter                     0.377 / 24.1
Craig Ehlo                         0.369 / 8.6
Sean Elliott                       0.375 / 14.2
Dale Ellis                           0.403 / 15.7
Alex English                      0.217 / 21.5
Julius Erving                      0.261 / 22.0
Josh Howard                     0.346 / 15.7
Andre Iguodala                  0.332 / 13.1
Richard Jefferson               0.330 / 16.3
Bernard King                      0.172 / 22.5
Dan Marjerle                     0.358 / 11.4
Shawn Marion                   0.342 / 18.6
Xavier McDaniel                0.261 / 15.6
Tracy McGrady                 0.342 / 22.4
Chris Mullin                      0.384 / 18.2
Andres Nocioni                  0.377 / 13.6
Lamar Odom                     0.317 / 15.8
Chuck Person                    0.362 / 14.7
Paul Pierce                      0.360 / 23.6
Tayshaun Prince               0.356 / 12.6
Glenn Rice                       0.400 / 18.3
Detlef Schrempf               0.384 / 13.9
Latrell Sprewell                0.337 / 18.3
Keith Van Horn                 0.361 / 16.0

Ronnie's professional:        0.00 / 4.6..............projects to 15.4 per 40 minutes (he's 0-9 from behind the arc).

Looking at the list, it seems you don't absolutely have to be a good 3pt shooter to have a successful NBA career at the 3 spot, but most of these guys shoot at least 30% or better.  Unless Ronnie becomes a slasher on par with Dominique Wilkins or Carmelo Anthony, he'll need to work on that long range shot.

ballhogger14u

nice, but you really have to much free time

riccoar

yocdaddy

Brewer is getting playing time because it is preseason.  I would be surprised if he will get 12-15 minutes per game.  Sloan plays rookies.  He started Deron Williams as a rookie point guard a couple of years ago, and Millsap the rookie from La Tech got lots of time last season.  With that said, he didn't play Brewer because Brewer wasn't ready.  He should have played in college last season.  His skills set is not great.  By the way, that list of SF that someone put up had some great company.  I don't see Ronnie Brewer anywhere close to those guys.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

razerbacker

brewer will get time at guard this season. He would play 35 if his jumper was better. But they need his defense, and they traded off derek fisher and D williams.

hawaiijazzfan

Brewer tonight:
28 points (8/10)
5 steals
3 rebounds 2 assists

Brewer has lead the Jazz in scoring in all three preseason games...

PiggoBitttys

Of those 28, he scored 20 in the 4th quarter and made sure the Jazz won that game. The Jazz have a poll on their website of who should start at SG, and Brewer is leading with 68%, the next closest guy is 14%.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: ballhogger14u on October 12, 2007, 09:57:20 pm
nice, but you really have to much free time

Yeah, slow day at the office. 

Quote from: PiggoBitttys on October 14, 2007, 01:38:19 pm
Of those 28, he scored 20 in the 4th quarter and made sure the Jazz won that game. The Jazz have a poll on their website of who should start at SG, and Brewer is leading with 68%, the next closest guy is 14%.

Cool.  I hope he wins the starting job and really shines this season.  Maybe I'll pick him up in my fantasy leagues.

Cyberhawg

The Jazz have had problems finding a solid 2 and 3 for a while now. I think Ronnie will at some point become a very good defender especially with a Jerry Sloan staff coaching him. If you want comparisons to ability...I think his game and prospective career falls along the lines of a Stacey Augmon perhaps with better upside. Augmon came into the league and was solid but not great and never really got better...although he didn't have the coaching early on that Ronnie Brewer is getting in Utah.

Looking back, he may have made a mistake coming out early but I don't think so for the simple reason that seniors in college basketball rarely improve their stock in this day and age. NBA teams draft on potential, not finished products. They don't want someone that is all tapped out.
I'd rather be hunting!

pork_sausage

Brewer will get a decent amount of playing time come regular season if the Jazz decide to get rid of AK-47.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: yocdaddy on October 13, 2007, 12:49:02 pm
Brewer is getting playing time because it is preseason.  I would be surprised if he will get 12-15 minutes per game.  Sloan plays rookies.  He started Deron Williams as a rookie point guard a couple of years ago, and Millsap the rookie from La Tech got lots of time last season.  With that said, he didn't play Brewer because Brewer wasn't ready.  He should have played in college last season.  His skills set is not great.  By the way, that list of SF that someone put up had some great company.  I don't see Ronnie Brewer anywhere close to those guys.

just because it's preseason huh? -1 to you sir

Ronnie Brewer officially appears to be the clear-cut favorite to win the starting shooting guard job in Utah.

We already had him listed at No. 1 on the depth chart, but it appears that he will easily beat out veteran Gordan Giricek, second-year man C.J. Miles and rookie Morris Almond for the job. Brewer is worth a late-round fantasy pick at this point

We've already given him the starting SG job in Utah, but Ronnie Brewer had 18 points and six boards in Friday's win over the Pistons, just to make sure.

He hit 7-of-16 shots on the night and a three, and it appears that not even Jerry Sloan can stop him from playing a big role for the Jazz this season

Ronnie Brewer hit 10-of-12 shots for 28 points, three rebounds, two assists and five steals as the Jazz beat the Bucks on Saturday.

This is getting a bit ridiculous, as Brewer has led the team in scoring in all three preseason games. The starting job is his to lose at this point, especially after his competition failed to show up tonight. Gordan Giricek hit just 1-of-8 shots for five points, while rookie Morris Almond was 0-of-6 and failed to score. Meanwhile, Brewer also scored 20 of those points in a clutch fourth quarter. There's no guarantee he has much fantasy value this year, but he should be on a lot of owner's lists for a last-round sleeper pick

These were posted on another board.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!