Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John L. Smith Appreciation thread..

Started by BartIV, November 23, 2012, 05:57:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BartIV

I appreciate him bringing in some leadership like everyone said he would when he was hired. :puke:

Chollo

I would appreciate him being tarred and feathered and ran to the Oklahoma border on a rail.

Pickeledpigfeet

Get off the Gus bus....Get on the Bret Jet !!!!!

jobiegohog

HOGSWEAT

Hog Waller

See ya...don't the door hit you in the arse!

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

Erockster20

Brand X Hog Fan

"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

ICEman

The whole season was a charade with him as the 'head coach'.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

nesjunk

I appreciate Coach Smith.  He elevated me to heights I could never have achieved without him.

Signed,

Jack Crowe

bpfergu

I appreciate him increasing my alcohol tolerance by 200%.

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

BartIV

Quote from: nesjunk on November 23, 2012, 06:10:49 pm
I appreciate Coach Smith.  He elevated me to heights I could never have achieved without him.

Signed,

Jack Crowe
Best so far.

DeWayne R

Don't let the door hit ya, Where the good lord split ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

John Futrall

I appreciate JLS.  His season made Arkansas fans forget about me, if only for a short while.

HDN

hawgball9401

I appreciate that he came out and immediately showed his true colors, so that we didn't end up with him long term.   Just think where would be if we got lucky and won 8 or 9 games.

RazorWorld

we are never ever getting back together

b0sc0b

Absolutely the worse coached game I have ever seen.  Had the Tigers on the ropes and wrapped them around our own neck.  Shameful, pitiful and unprofessional.  Unforgivable idiocy.
Government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem.-Ronald Reagan

No1Hog27

Well, I'm just going to say "Thank You" JLS.  It's been a rough season to say the least.  I know this was a difficult season considering the circumstances.......

racingpossum

The bankrupt bum can't get his ass out of Fayetteville fast enough. Paul "THE SORRY EXCUSE FOR A DEFENSIVE CORDINATOR" Haynes can't get his sorry tail out fast enough. Hell throw Klenaikes in with these bums.

PISS POOR COACHING ALL YEAR!

Better options at the High school level in Arkansas than these clowns.

hogfan4102

I appreciate all the things JLS showed our new coach what NOT to do...call when the van is there I am sure we can get you packed up fast  :puke:

HogMama0604

Must be a joke. Leadership? Did you actually hear the fans booing his coaching decisions today? They were trying to boo him out of the stadium where he belongs.

mckinneyhog5

Good guy that truly cares for these players and the coaches.  To bad he can't coach worth a lick. 
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

porkaholics anonymous

Quote from: BartIV on November 23, 2012, 05:57:47 pm
I appreciate him bringing in some leadership like everyone said he would when he was hired. :puke:

He really showed those young an what being  a con man and moocher is all about.

CallThemHawgs!

We just paid that fraud $800k, for what?

Freaking Bernie Madoff, hell Madoff could probably do a better job coaching come to think of it.

JackTNHogfan

I want to thank him for our best win of the year, at home against Tulsa, and at least not losing to Auburn and Kentucky.  What am I talking about, winning is not important, integrity is.  I want to thank him for being a good ambassador of the program and not acting like he is mentally challenged at every opportunity.  Oh wait...

Blockisland

November 23, 2012, 08:57:27 pm #28 Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 07:12:40 am by Blockisland
nm

Hawg-in-das

He was here to get a paycheck he could not get at Wee-burr State...that could also be deferred until bankruptcy was final.  All the "I'm here to help the kids" is BD. He's a loser in the 1st degree...no wonder BP learned so much from him. Good riddance crazy old fart!

Wild Bill Hog

If there was ever any doubt about it, he taught us Long's definition of "integrity".

hawaiianhogster

He was colorful indeed. He added a special thing when he spoke to the media. I think I will miss that. He lightened things up a little during our losses and made me laugh allot. Smile dammit.

Marshfieldhog

No doubt he will go down as our worst coach ever, today was the icing on the cake. Horrible decisions on the field and off the field

Ugly Uncle

Thanks for the memories.

Cause winning was only a memory this season.

I've never been so grateful for a season to end.
Retired Radio Host

Westcoasthog

Get his ass out of Arkansas as I post these words  -  ask Michigan State what
a BAD COACH THAT HE WAS -  I cannot believe that Jeff Long would hire this
"SLAPPY THE CLOWN"  and to pay him $800,000.  If Jeff Long hired this loser,
do you really think that he can hire a top tier coach?  Again as i say Bobby Petrino could have been counseled not fired to save the season = now we have the cause and the effect.

AFWarrior83

Hogville member since 2005.

AFWarrior83

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on November 24, 2012, 12:37:55 am
He was colorful indeed. He added a special thing when he spoke to the media. I think I will miss that. He lightened things up a little during our losses and made me laugh allot. Smile dammit.

Special as in mentally handicapped I suppose. Dude is a clown that got 800K for 4 wins.
Hogville member since 2005.

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on November 24, 2012, 02:02:19 am
Special as in mentally handicapped I suppose. Dude is a clown that got 800K for 4 wins.

A little overpaid ya think? LOL The masterminds at the university strike again!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: HogMama0604 on November 23, 2012, 07:16:53 pm
Must be a joke. Leadership? Did you actually hear the fans booing his coaching decisions today? They were trying to boo him out of the stadium where he belongs.

Bart forgot to use the sarcasm font.

RedSatinHog

How in the world anyone could look at his hiring as a positive is beyond me, but to hear the goobers on DTS after he was announced, you'd swear that we had just hired the modern-day Paul Bryant.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

RedSatinHog

Quote from: hawgball9401 on November 23, 2012, 06:17:47 pm
I appreciate that he came out and immediately showed his true colors, so that we didn't end up with him long term.   Just think where would be if we got lucky and won 8 or 9 games.

That was my worst fear from the day he was hired.  Anyone who honestly believed he was anything resembling HC material after the debacle he was the maestro of at Michigan State was kidding themselves in the most unimaginable way.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: RedSatinHog on November 24, 2012, 03:06:48 am
How in the world anyone could look at his hiring as a positive is beyond me, but to hear the goobers on DTS after he was announced, you'd swear that we had just hired the modern-day Paul Bryant.

Hogville wasn't different for the most part.

EastArkHog 47

Quote from: Pickeledpigfeet on November 23, 2012, 06:01:38 pm
( crickets chirping )
The Oklahoma border isn't far enough, he might come back, I say send him to Siberia.

trickyricky

I appreciate his thoughts and advice on some real estate investments I'm looking into!!!

Professor Psychosis

Thanks to JLS, for any photo that is ever taken for the rest of my life where someone says "smile," I will channel my inner Bobby Petrino and look at the photographer and scream the same words he screamed to Leslie one year ago...FYMF!

rzrbk4life

Quote from: BartIV on November 23, 2012, 05:57:47 pm

Bazinga
Let's call those hogs!!!!

HoggusMaximus

Capt. Hamm

I appreciate that he is never going to coach for us again. Not that he actually coached before.

Iwastherein1969

the single event I'll remember most is John L. having Tyler out there throwing and warming up intently just before the Alabama game kick-off...then Tyler made that last throw right before we were to receive the kick-off and John L. stepped out there and 'high-fived' Tyler as though John L. had just 'brain-banged' Nick Saban....John L. had a stupid and satisfied look on his face as though he had just pulled the wool over Saban's eyes by starting Brandon Allen...well Bama's 52 points later and our 0 points only proves just how infantile John L.'s thought processes really are....God that's embarrassing when I think about it.  John L. actually believed the DARK LORD of Tuscaloosa missed his curve ball.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

ronmahony

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.