Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PAT BRADLEY OUT AT 103.7 THE BUZZ?

Started by centar, February 04, 2013, 11:55:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

idochog

In Arkansas, they think if you are celebrity, you deserve to hold a mic.

Keith Jackson doesn't need to be holding a mic
I love Jesus!

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on February 06, 2013, 10:49:52 am
Mostly all the people in Central Arkansas that still have a Ratt concert t-shirt.

I laughed hard on that one.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: ishankem on February 07, 2013, 01:07:09 pm
I can't listen to tommy's show anymore.  Not interesting and stupid topics galore.
always seem to have on someone I never heard of about some get together I have no interest in.  and when tommy's not there, Baz sounds like a guy over dosed on crack. His mouth going 100 mph and everybody talking at once. Pat leaving the zone won't bother me.  I'm not goin to miss a guy that can't put a complete sentence together.  I can listen to Matt and Trey, but I think Bo puts on a good show too.

It's just lazy radio.  It's mostly a bunch of fake yuks and making lists.  Half the time it isn't even about sports.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

bdaddyd42

The show with no name is horrible. The hosts all talk at the same time. I get tired of their stupid top 5's. "who are the top 5 singers that are actors" and whatever crap they make up. Justin was livin off bradley. He is a jerk who rudely interrupts his guest with stupid comments, or when he disagrees, u r stupid and he " knows more than u do". Trey and matt try, but agree with every caller and boringly monotone. Mayb the competition from 93.3 will cause them to look at the stations shortcomings

PORKULATOR

Quote from: cosmodrum on February 04, 2013, 12:50:08 pm
That show isn't very good either, and I really like Trey and Matt.
I like Matt but Trey is a "What about me" kinda guy and he annoys me at how much he likes to hear his own voice. Two commercials for the show I've heard this year, only have Treys Comments and say his name more than Matt's. I gave 1037 another chance after they cut Bo's pointless endeavours from their airways and they're not much better.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

centar

Quote from: bdaddyd42 on February 07, 2013, 02:39:39 pm
The show with no name is horrible. The hosts all talk at the same time. I get tired of their stupid top 5's. "who are the top 5 singers that are actors" and whatever crap they make up. Justin was livin off bradley. He is a jerk who rudely interrupts his guest with stupid comments, or when he disagrees, u r stupid and he " knows more than u do". Trey and matt try, but agree with every caller and boringly monotone. Mayb the competition from 93.3 will cause them to look at the stations shortcomings
That is the exact way I felt about Bo. 

RazorbackRon

Quote from: Hogbeaver on February 07, 2013, 10:41:45 am
It's called loyalty, respect, nostalgia.  In the 80's you either listened to Tommy or Craig.  Two types of people; Craig was pop music and Tommy was real rock.  The guys that had magic 105 stickers on their old truck or camaro were usually smokers, rough around the edges, and were already getting tail.  The ones that listened to Craig didn't.

Does your mom let you smoke in the the house?
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on February 07, 2013, 02:29:52 pm
It's just lazy radio.  It's mostly a bunch of fake yuks and making lists.  Half the time it isn't even about sports.

I got in the car this morning to head to work and it was on 103.7.  I was certain Tommy and David would be talking about National Signing Day, the Hogs' class, and the Alex Collins saga.  Nope.  Tommy was trying to decide what the greatest Beatles songs were.  Thank God for iPods. 

The Boar War

Quote from: westside_player on February 04, 2013, 08:55:40 pm
93.3. I think that's why Bo left the Buzz. I don't think he was forced out. I think he thought he could go to 93.3 and grow the station and in the long run do more for his career. Pat's definitely got a lot of radio talent. Is Pat going to be co-host or run his own show?

Bo went to 93.3 because they were willing to air his show in the correct time slot 2-6.  The Buzz wanted to sandwich his show between 1 (the end of the program director's show) and 4 (the start of drive time).  For about 4 years Bo went on an hour early to work into the Little Rock market.

I figure Pat went for a similar reason.  Working from 6-9 would allow him to also have a somewhat normal job.  Having a three hour chunk in the middle of the normal work day would make that difficult.

I can't imagine it's money.  93.3 has very few actual advertisers.

Hogbus320

I moved to NWA two years ago and thought I would miss the "the Buzz." Quite the opposite. There is a buffet of sports radio up here.  92.1 The Ticket (ESPN affiliate, Sports Talk with Body Odor), 105.3 (they had Shawn Arnell but now the programming is so-so), and 1190 AM (Press Row and Ugly Uncle).  If you don't like what you hear just change the channel. I was in CENTARK recently and tuned it to 103.7. Its gone downhill.

tolle72120

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Hawg Balling on February 07, 2013, 09:12:32 pm
I got in the car this morning to head to work and it was on 103.7.  I was certain Tommy and David would be talking about National Signing Day, the Hogs' class, and the Alex Collins saga.  Nope.  Tommy was trying to decide what the greatest Beatles songs were.  Thank God for iPods.

Heard that for a minute or two in the car, laughed, and moved on to something else.  It's like that show is stuck in an 80's time warp.  It's NSD on what's supposed to be the state's biggest sports radio station, and instead of talking about recruiting, they've got Angel from Pangburn on the air trying to decide if "Yesterday" is better than "My Michelle."
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on February 08, 2013, 08:48:30 am
Heard that for a minute or two in the car, laughed, and moved on to something else.  It's like that show is stuck in an 80's time warp.  It's NSD on what's supposed to be the state's biggest sports radio station, and instead of talking about recruiting, they've got Angel from Pangburn on the air trying to decide if "Yesterday" is better than "My Michelle."

The Zone is almost worse, especially now that it's essentially just Acri doing his (terrible) thing.  I've said it before, but the Hogs could win the National Championship in football or basketball and they'd spend the entirety of the next show talking about Lindsay Lohan's latest run-in with the law. 

That entire network and their utter refusal to talk sports reminds me of ESPN's love affair with Tebow throughout pretty much the entirety of 2011 and into 2012 and their refusal to not about him.  Both networks had the same "you don't have any other listening/viewing options" approach. 

Berno

Quote from: Hawg Balling on February 08, 2013, 10:51:16 am
The Zone is almost worse, especially now that it's essentially just Acri doing his (terrible) thing.  I've said it before, but the Hogs could win the National Championship in football or basketball and they'd spend the entirety of the next show talking about Lindsay Lohan's latest run-in with the law. 

Yeah, I guess I never realized how much of a balance Pat was in that show. Its pretty much unlistenable now. Not to mention the fact that sponsors and adds make up over half their content. I mean I get broadcasting from a location, but when they are interviewing some car salesmen or talking about how great fruit smoothies are it basically turns the show into an infomercial. Who in the right mind would want to listen to that?

Dwight_K_Shrute

I wish Crazy Ira and the Dooosh would get picked up for national syndication.  From what I have heard they would be a huge hit in Arkansas.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The Boar War

Quote from: Berno on February 08, 2013, 10:59:59 am
Yeah, I guess I never realized how much of a balance Pat was in that show. Its pretty much unlistenable now. Not to mention the fact that sponsors and adds make up over half their content. I mean I get broadcasting from a location, but when they are interviewing some car salesmen or talking about how great fruit smoothies are it basically turns the show into an infomercial. Who in the right mind would want to listen to that?

The fruit smoothie guy who's paying the bill.  That's what brought the Buzz down.  No one wants to hear an hour spent on hair cuts, Frank Fletcher, your bank, Tropical Smoothie Cafe (which is really good btw), or your local car dealership.  Somewhere along the line they went from a decent sports station to programming based on commercials.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: The Boar War on February 08, 2013, 12:51:55 pm
The fruit smoothie guy who's paying the bill.  That's what brought the Buzz down.  No one wants to hear an hour spent on hair cuts, Frank Fletcher, your bank, Tropical Smoothie Cafe (which is really good btw), or your local car dealership.  Somewhere along the line they went from a decent sports station to programming based on commercials.

Yep.  You stop spending time on material and actually covering sports when you're too busy devoting time to on-air advertising spots.  It seems like they're 'on location' practically every time I turn it on, which isn't surprising. 

It's no coincidence that this crap just happens to be at peak level on the station program director's own show.

SexyBeast77

Welcome to the Fletcher Dodge Studio, we'll get to sports in a minute. You can call us on the Sport Clips hot line on 501 xxx-xxxx or email us in the Rib Crib Inbox. This show is powered by Arkansas Credit Union. We're here live at Fletcher Dodge. Frank tell us about your sales. "I have to sell 30 cars today. Baz loves the Charger." Thanks Frank call us on the Sports Clips hotline or email the Rib Crib Inbox. The Razorbacks play tonight and after that, there's the Sonic Post game show. What are you having for lunch today, why don't you try tropical Smoothie Cafe...............etc etc etc. Rinse and Repeat

idochog

Listening to that station to me is like the scene in clockwork orange where they got his eyes forced open to watch
I love Jesus!

arky870

i can not stand bo.  the buzz has been a joke for a long time there was just no other choices.when i can get 93.3 i will listen but where i live it is hard to get.  next thing they need to do is bump signal strength up and shut the buzz down. let tommy,bazz smiling rick and crew all go away silently to never be heard from again.

they need to get UU on the lineup on 93.3

pigture perfect

I tried listening to 93.3 this morning and the sound quality was terrible. Sounds like everyone is talking into a well. At least 103.7 usually sounds clear.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hogeration

I like Bo's show.  What I don't understand is why he HAS to cut to commercial even with something good going because of a hard break.  Why stop a great guest from talking just to air a Mr. Sparky commercial?  Just keep rolling with the guest and catch up later with the commercials.

hawgdayafternoon

Bo is an obnoxious twerp. yadda yadda yadda......Say what you want about Tommy smith. He's an Arkansas radio legend, yes legend. On in the same market for 35 years. Bo, what 3-4 years? enough said! Started on Magic 105 in late 70's or so. But yeah you guys are probably right....What does 35 years mean?

IronMountainHog

Bo sucks, here is an some dialogue I heard last week-

Bo: "who do you think will be a breakout player for the Hogs in 2013?

Caller: "I say Taylor Reed"

Bo: "who is he?"

Caller: "a quarterback"

Bo: "Is he coming next year?"

Caller: "No, he is on the team now"

Bo: "I never heard of him"

Caller: "He's from El Dorado"

Bo: "Well I hope he does good"

At this point, I turn the channel because this caller knows more about a Razorback player than the host that covers Razorback sports. Even though Taylor Reed may never be a star here, he is a valuable member of the team.

OldCoot

Quote from: Hogeration on February 08, 2013, 10:21:20 pm
I like Bo's show.  What I don't understand is why he HAS to cut to commercial even with something good going because of a hard break.  Why stop a great guest from talking just to air a Mr. Sparky commercial?  Just keep rolling with the guest and catch up later with the commercials.

Hard breaks pay the bills.

Fatman

Quote from: Hogbeaver on February 08, 2013, 11:29:54 pm
Hard breaks pay the bills.
talk radio is just the filler between commercials which pay the bills. that is why everything in the studio is presented by someone or something not unlike events on television.

Hawgphish

Buzz 103.7 is the college frat whose members are all of the dudes that the good frats didn't want. 

Mike Irwin

Every host stinks. Every radio station sucks. They don't know anything. They are jerks.

Can't figure out why so many terrible radio stations in this state employ so many worthless on-air people.

They must be getting money from an evil rich guy who is out to make our lives miserable.

Actually there are a couple of explanations.

1. There is no way to put yourself in front of the public without ticking some people off.
Somewhere out there (though I can't imagine where) there's got to be a few goobers who wanted Paul Eells off the air.

2. Probably a third of the fans on message boards are more angry than the average fan and it takes a lot less to annoy them.

Bo is the best because he works harder at what he does. He's also extremely creative.
When we were working together at 1190 Bo took a very shy caller and turned him into one of the stars of the show.

At first the guy would call in and almost whisper statements like, "My wife likes Sean Andrews. He's great." Then he would hang up. Bo drew the guy out of his shell a little bit at a time, day after day. Eventually we learned that his wife was disabled and they both lived on a fixed income. They rarely left their home but they loved the Razorbacks.

As time went by the difference in that man's voice, the way he expressed himself, was unbelievable from the early days when he called.

There was also a funny ex marine named Dave would would call in almost every day on his cell phone. He was never at home. Always out running some errand. One day Bo had the guy interview people at the gas station. Very quickly Crazy Dave became a roving reporter for our show. He eventually ended up as the program manager for 1190.

The smartass persona Bo displays on the radio is not his real personality. He's toned it down a lot over the years. It's left over from his early days in sports radio in South Florida.

One of the reasons I like Bo is because like me he came to Arkansas from another state, fell in love with the place, got married here to an Arkansas girl, started a family  and never left. Over the years we've both been told a few times that we need to go back where we came from.

Ain't happening. This is our state too.

Trottsky

Take the cure. Don't listen to any of those yappers.

KABF and KUAR are the best stations in Central Ark (and a little of The Edge for hard-driving times).

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: mrp on February 06, 2013, 09:01:57 pm
Matt Jones is much better than expected and he's improving with every show.

I'll always remember watching him beat Ole Miss and Eli Manning in like 14 over times.

I'll never forget watching that game with my wife and my 3 young sons. It meant so much to all of us.

I see what you did there

urkillnmesmalls

I guess I'm the only one who likes it that we have enough interest in Arkansas sports that we can have radio shows about it.  I look at it like this.  I cannot STAND Jim Rome.  He will say the same thing three times in a row, changing one word, and it sounds like one big repetitive rant.  He can take an hour of material and make it last 3 hours, and it shows.  "What the Lakers are missing is Phil Jackson.  Phil is the man.  Phil kept that ship afloat and never gets enough credit for his work there.  His work there was phenomenal.  His work there was epic.  His work there was transcendent.  Phil Jackson is light years ahead of anyone in the coaching game today."  It just WEARS ME OUT.   

I can't name one Arkansas radio personality that even approaches my dislike for Jim Rome, so my upside for them is high.  I do have to turn it down for a few minutes occasionally when a caller comes on and can't make a coherent sentence, but besides that, I like hearing pertinent information as opposed to talent-devoid pop music or classic rock that I've known every lyric since the 80's.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Chic-Hog-Oh

To Mike Irwin: I appreciare your comments above.

My question is: WHY, in your opinion. Is much of Arkansas sports radio (and I presume other college-town/state sports radio, such as in Nebraska or maybe Alabama...?) often so mediocre, on the whole? What % is lack of enough content vs. lack of enough engaging, capable hosts?

I have a "follow the money" type theory: There are so many local advertisers who are low on advertising media options (newspaper audiences are disappearing, and they don't have the skill/experience/courage to employ the interwebs or social media to promote to their customers), so they are leaning more into radio with their ad $$. Many of them are Hog fans (and/or sration salespeople know how to appeal to the "Hog fan" in them  :) ). So there's demand for the programming -- and listeners waiting -- but not enough quality content creation in supply....?

Appreciate your perspective....

secfan30

Quote from: cypert2 on February 06, 2013, 08:42:08 am
    ...... and I forgot to add get rid of Tommy Smith. Actually listened to the Morning Show some while he was gone and it wasn't too bad. Turned it on the other morning and he was back and taking a poll of " who is your favorite black athlete ?"  Lord, he makes me cringe. Do people really like this guy?

I agree. It was pretty ok to listen too with him gone. I'm tired of his stupid topics, interrupting guest after he asks them a question and inflated ego.

hoglady

Quote from: Hawgphish on February 09, 2013, 08:15:50 am
Buzz 103.7 is the college frat whose members are all of the dudes that the good frats didn't want. 

Is there really such a thing as a GOOD frat???
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Chic-Hog-Oh on February 09, 2013, 09:06:52 am
To Mike Irwin: I appreciare your comments above.

My question is: WHY, in your opinion. Is much of Arkansas sports radio (and I presume other college-town/state sports radio, such as in Nebraska or maybe Alabama...?) often so mediocre, on the whole? What % is lack of enough content vs. lack of enough engaging, capable hosts?

I have a "follow the money" type theory: There are so many local advertisers who are low on advertising media options (newspaper audiences are disappearing, and they don't have the skill/experience/courage to employ the interwebs or social media to promote to their customers), so they are leaning more into radio with their ad $$. Many of them are Hog fans (and/or sration salespeople know how to appeal to the "Hog fan" in them  :) ). So there's demand for the programming -- and listeners waiting -- but not enough quality content creation in supply....?

Appreciate your perspective....
Most on-air co-hosts (and some main hosts) are part time. Unless they have other full time jobs they cannot afford to work in sportstalk radio on a local level.

The only real way to make money is to market your own show (like Rainwater & Bo). I'm amazed at the number of people who will do these shows for free. Usually they are promoting a website they operate.

I had a radio guy come to me a few years back and try to get me to work for him free. I asked him why he thought I would do such a thing. He said it would be good publicity.

Some of these people are nuts.

In answer to your original question you get what you pay for. Hire somebody cheap (or for free) and you'll probably get a cheap product.

Qadi999

Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 09, 2013, 08:24:07 am
Every host stinks. Every radio station sucks. They don't know anything. They are jerks.

Can't figure out why so many terrible radio stations in this state employ so many worthless on-air people.

They must be getting money from an evil rich guy who is out to make our lives miserable.

1. There is no way to put yourself in front of the public without ticking some people off.
Somewhere out there (though I can't imagine where) there's got to be a few goobers who wanted Paul Eells off the air.

2. Probably a third of the fans on message boards are more angry than the average fan and it takes a lot less to annoy them.

Bo is the best because he works harder at what he does. He's also extremely creative.
When we were working together at 1190 Bo took a very shy caller and turned him into one of the stars of the show.

At first the guy would call in and almost whisper statements like, "My wife likes Sean Andrews. He's great." Then he would hang up. Bo drew the guy out of his shell a little bit at a time, day after day. Eventually we learned that his wife was disabled and they both lived on a fixed income. They rarely left their home but they loved the Razorbacks.

As time went by the difference in that man's voice, the way he expressed himself, was unbelievable from the early days when he called.

There was also a funny ex marine named Dave would would call in almost every day on his cell phone. He was never at home. Always out running some errand. One day Bo had the guy interview people at the gas station. Very quickly Crazy Dave became a roving reporter for our show. He eventually ended up as the program manager for 1190.

The smartass persona Bo displays on the radio is not his real personality. He's toned it down a lot over the years. It's left over from his early days in sports radio in South Florida.

One of the reasons I like Bo is because like me he came to Arkansas from another state, fell in love with the place, got married here to an Arkansas girl, started a family  and never left. Over the years we've both been told a few times that we need to go back where we came from.

GET THE HELL OUT MIKE.....oh wait im not from here either ,its cool you can stay.

OldCoot

Paul's last two years had people saying it was time for him to go.  It just happens.  We feel like we know the people because we invite them into our cars for many hours over a long period of time so I think it is a little easier to criticize them.  If someone from outside the state criticized those same people we would probably take them to the woodshed over it.  I may say something bad about my family, but you darned sure better not.

I don't care for Bo but it is primarily over something personal that happened.  I didn't want to like his show and I kept listening because I wanted to hate it.  After the "Tim from Little  Rock" schtick, I was hooked.  I absolutely loved that character.  The last few months of Bo's show I actually contemplated sending him an email telling him how much his show had improved and that I enjoyed it but I never did because you guys probably don't read that anyway.  I've tried to listen to 93.3 but I can never find him and my presets are 103.7, 102.9, a country station, a rock station and the last one is probably NPR.

I worked with Tommy Smith and had a chance to get to know him outside radio.  Tommy is a very private person and I finally realized that it's very hard to be the "Outlaw" all the time.  In fact, it sucks.  All in all, everybody is just regular folk trying to provide for their family and have a job that they really enjoy.  They are just as human as the next.  They have problems with their wives, bosses and family.  I finally realized that we are really all the same and have the same problems.  I would hate for my personal life to be broadcast to the entire state, that's a pressure cooker and anyone who can make a career of it has my admiration.

Mike Irwin

At first the guy would call in and almost whisper statements like, "My wife likes Sean Andrews. He's great."
Just realized that I misspelled Shawn Andrew's first name. Getting too old for this stuff.

colbs

Quote from: Hawg Balling on February 07, 2013, 09:12:32 pm
This!  Tommy seems to never want to talk about the razorbacks, unless its negative.  We beat Florida and just signed two big time recruits out of Florida but they hardly even talked about any of it.  Tommy just talks and doesn't let anyone else talk. 

I like Bo's show. IMO probably the best sports show in the state.  Also like Wes Moore & Michael Smith's new show.  They have Mike Irwin on and RD on a lot.

whiskeyNwater2.0

Quote from: colbs on February 09, 2013, 08:12:19 pm
This!  Tommy seems to never want to talk about the razorbacks, unless its negative.  We beat Florida and just signed two big time recruits out of Florida but they hardly even talked about any of it.  Tommy just talks and doesn't let anyone talk

I'm not a fan of the content that TSWNN puts out but I realize that they have a large following who enjoy their show. It is more of an "entertainment" show then "sports" show.

What I do have a problem with is Tommy Smith. He is such a downer. I get so tired of hearing him clear his throat and talk in that "I could die at any moment" tone.

Lately he is always playing the character of "grumpy old man" .... "All anyone wants to talk about is Alex Collins. These recruits get too much attention, I'm old school" Tommy always has 3 or 4 things a show that he is moaning about.

When Tommy isn't moaning he is talking about old times that alienate a huge portion of listeners. He wears the fact that he knows so little about current sporting news as a badge of honor. If you want to talk the 1978 Razorbacks then he can tell you everything but of course he doesn't know the names of half the players on the current team.

I don't understand why they still allow the guy on. Bazzel isn't perfect but damn the man has energy and he is involved in promoting Razorback sports. Hs energy is reason enough to keep him on a morning show.

The NewEra

Quote from: colbs on February 09, 2013, 08:12:19 pm
This!  Tommy seems to never want to talk about the razorbacks, unless its negative.  We beat Florida and just signed two big time recruits out of Florida but they hardly even talked about any of it.  Tommy just talks and doesn't let anyone else talk. 

I like Bo's show. IMO probably the best sports show in the state.  Also like Wes Moore & Michael Smith's new show.  They have Mike Irwin on and RD on a lot.

I don't even listen to Tommy.  I use the app on my iPhone and listen to the Fan in Bentonville in the morning.  If Tommy doesn't want to talk about the Razorbacks, then I won't spend my time listening to them.  I find their show to be totally lacking of content.  I've always enjoyed Bradley, but think he's made a great move getting away from Akrey (?)

Johnboy

Quote from: #1PetrinoFan on February 10, 2013, 08:35:48 am
I don't even listen to Tommy.  I use the app on my iPhone and listen to the Fan in Bentonville in the morning.  If Tommy doesn't want to talk about the Razorbacks, then I won't spend my time listening to them.  I find their show to be totally lacking of content.  I've always enjoyed Bradley, but think he's made a great move getting away from Akrey (?)

Can you share the app and exactly what station the Fan is on?

tolle72120

When does Pat Bradley start with 93.3 what time when he be on ...anymore info on the show co-host ect ect?

Johnboy

Quote from: tolle72120 on February 12, 2013, 08:33:46 am
When does Pat Bradley start with 93.3 what time when he be on ...anymore info on the show co-host ect ect?

Please let it be a morning show...

Fatman

Quote from: chevymanar on February 12, 2013, 07:53:30 am
Can you share the app and exactly what station the Fan is on?
supposedly Michael from Stuttgart is going to dunk a basketball on Tommy's show and if he does he gets to host a radio show. That will help the Buzz allot??

99toLife

Quote from: Fatman on February 13, 2013, 06:07:00 pm
supposedly Michael from Stuttgart is going to dunk a basketball on Tommy's show and if he does he gets to host a radio show. That will help the Buzz allot??

Michael will NEVER show up for the challenge. Sounds like in his younger days he could do it.

elksnort

I loved Matt Jones as a player and Trey Shapp(sp) seems like a good guy. They also can contribute to a radio show in bits and pieces, but there is no way these guys should have their own radio show. It's almost horrible, especially the obligatory first time caller that tells how Matt used to make his day watching the hogs.

Why did Bo's show get taken off? Was it Bo's choice?

The Hogfather

Quote from: elksnort on February 14, 2013, 02:24:49 pm
Why did Bo's show get taken off? Was it Bo's choice?

Had to be.  He had the best show on the station.

westside_player

Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 09, 2013, 09:31:37 am
Most on-air co-hosts (and some main hosts) are part time. Unless they have other full time jobs they cannot afford to work in sportstalk radio on a local level.

The only real way to make money is to market your own show (like Rainwater & Bo). I'm amazed at the number of people who will do these shows for free. Usually they are promoting a website they operate.

I had a radio guy come to me a few years back and try to get me to work for him free. I asked him why he thought I would do such a thing. He said it would be good publicity.

Some of these people are nuts.

In answer to your original question you get what you pay for. Hire somebody cheap (or for free) and you'll probably get a cheap product.

Mike, how many people do you think Listen to rainwater at 4:10 in july and how many do you think listen at 4:10 in September?

Mike Irwin

Quote from: westside_player on February 14, 2013, 09:42:17 pm
Mike, how many people do you think Listen to rainwater at 4:10 in july and how many do you think listen at 4:10 in September?
I assume radio ratings are down in the summer like they are with TV ratings but frankly I pay very little attention to ratings. I'm not sure they are accurate.