Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB was vindicated tonight

Started by The OTR, January 08, 2018, 11:17:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Dirty on January 09, 2018, 11:24:56 am
Chaney started playing conservative, like here.

Maybe Bama's D started to play better.........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The OTR

The problem is most of you don't want to give CBB credit for anything.  He saw that he couldn't win in the SEC with those two and even though he didn't technically fire them he certainly didn't shed any tears when they left.

Our claim to fame while those two were there was that we had the heaviest line in the history of football, pro or college, or some other such nonsense.  Oh we talked it up in here...heaviest line...body by Herb...Pittman this and Cheney that.  We went from having the heaviest line to having the heaviest head coach and probably the heaviest offensive line coach in all of football and that made about as much difference as having the heaviest line did, which is nothing.

A lot of folks on here just blindly believe in whomever is on the sidelines for us.  We love them until we hate them and then we hate them and don't give them credit for anything.  CBB got rid of some dead weight and brought in some more dead weight. But he did get rid of some dead weight so can we at least give the man credit for that?

ChicoHog

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 08, 2018, 11:35:22 pm
Cheney and Pittman did not lose the game. They both coached a great game.
The game was won by Nick Saban who put a true freshman in the game. A freshman I might add who is a phenomenal passer. Did you notice how he never stared a reciever down. Did you hear him say he looked the safety away on the winning pass. I was really impressed and those who voted him MVP were as well. He showed maturity beyond his years. He deserves congratulations.
I agree TT played well but to say he never stared down a receiver is not accurate.  You are correct on the final play as he did look off the safety.  On the TD to Ruggs at back of end zone he was looking at him the entire play.  The INT he threw was one of the worst passes/decisions I've seen a college QB make.  He did make up for it with though with his accurate slant passes, scrambling and of course the final TD which was perfectly thrown. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 09, 2018, 02:02:04 pm
The problem is most of you don't want to give CBB credit for anything.  He saw that he couldn't win in the SEC with those two and even though he didn't technically fire them he certainly didn't shed any tears when they left.

Our claim to fame while those two were there was that we had the heaviest line in the history of football, pro or college, or some other such nonsense.  Oh we talked it up in here...heaviest line...body by Herb...Pittman this and Cheney that.  We went from having the heaviest line to having the heaviest head coach and probably the heaviest offensive line coach in all of football and that made about as much difference as having the heaviest line did, which is nothing.

A lot of folks on here just blindly believe in whomever is on the sidelines for us.  We love them until we hate them and then we hate them and don't give them credit for anything.  CBB got rid of some dead weight and brought in some more dead weight. But he did get rid of some dead weight so can we at least give the man credit for that?

So exactly when did Bret see he couldn't win without them as well...............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

wildturkey8

This is the most brilliant troll i've seen in a long time.  Simply brilliant, Skandar. 

The OTR

Quote from: wildturkey8 on January 09, 2018, 03:05:31 pm
This is the most brilliant troll i've seen in a long time.  Simply brilliant, Skandar.

Everybody just needs to listen for once. Sit down, eat a jelly sandwich, and listen. 

Numbskulls in here think everything is something to argue about or worse yet laugh about and all I want to do is talk X's and O's and strategy. 

Piggfoot

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 09, 2018, 02:10:00 pm
I agree TT played well but to say he never stared down a receiver is not accurate.  You are correct on the final play as he did look off the safety.  On the TD to Ruggs at back of end zone he was looking at him the entire play.  The INT he threw was one of the worst passes/decisions I've seen a college QB make.  He did make up for it with though with his accurate slant passes, scrambling and of course the final TD which was perfectly thrown. 
One can find fault with every coach and every player who's ever played a game. Something Hogville loves to do no matter if they won or not.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 09, 2018, 03:59:44 pm
One can find fault with every coach and every player who's ever played a game. Something Hogville loves to do no matter if they won or not.

Some coaches such as Bert make it too easy though.

tbhogfan

Sam Pittman is worth his considerable weight in gold.
Go Hogs!

hoglady

Well we've found one thing we can agree on - Bielema knew he couldn't win an SEC title with Chaney and Pittman.
But Georgia and Kirby Smart certainly could and did.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

BallHog1

Quote from: hoglady on January 09, 2018, 04:46:28 pm
Well we've found one thing we can agree on - Bielema knew he couldn't win an SEC title with Chaney and Pittman.
But Georgia and Kirby Smart certainly could and did.
Actually, Georgia lost.....

PonderinHog

Vantage 8 dude

I will certainly have to agree with your comments concerning the weight issue and the OL. I got so tired of hearing all that back in (2014?) when we were blowing teams like TTU off the line and just overpowering them with our size. Yep, all the talk was "The U of A has the largest OL in FOOTBALL-including the NFL. All that worked until it didn't. My attitude was always one of "I could care less what the weight of our offensive linemen are as long as it's appropriate for the style of offense we're running AND they're being effective at moving the ball". Unfortunately for the past several years for a number of reasons open to debate we not only grew slow, but were no longer overpowering most folks either.

oldhawg

Quote from: BallHog1 on January 09, 2018, 04:52:24 pm

Misread.  Georgia beat Auburn for the SEC Championship.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: hoglady on January 08, 2018, 11:30:22 pm
Give that Bama freshman QB some credit for actually changing the dynamic of that game in the 2nd half.

Ding ding....

I'm surprised no one else jumped in to agree with this statement.  That was a fairly pressure packed situation to be put in as a freshman and all he did was engineer the 'W'.  I was impressed. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

hoglady

Quote from: BallHog1 on January 09, 2018, 04:52:24 pm

No - Georgia actually won the SEC Championship.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

BallHog1

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 09, 2018, 04:53:54 pm
The SECC?
Quote from: hoglady on January 09, 2018, 09:40:20 pm
No - Georgia actually won the SEC Championship.
Quote from: oldhawg on January 09, 2018, 05:03:51 pm
Misread.  Georgia beat Auburn for the SEC Championship.

Ahhhh, yes, already forgot about that game....