Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Entire Razorback team watches Monk's Game Tonight

Started by Razor6, March 02, 2015, 08:49:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

The Boar War

HawgTrough

WPS

Danny J

Some of the team, not all, were at a game of his earlier this year. What a huge recruit he could end up being for us. Beard in his 3rd year, Whitt in his 2nd and Monk? Could end up being one of the best backcourts we have ever had.

40MINSOFHELL

oldhawgs

yraciv

So Fayetteville pulled away and one in OT, but apparently it was a showdown between Monk & Willis.  And to my surprise following twitter, apparently our guy CJ O'Grady can play a little PG and has some serious ability on the court as well.  I knew he played, but just assumed he was a power forward given his TE build.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Thepigdoctor

Just think if he committed soon and it helped tip the scales on Portis staying all four years, to include the other great kids we'd have on campus. Final four lock...

jgphillips3

Looks like we are putting the full court press on.

usf15cc

Well we can't say he's not doing all that he can to get him here.

What's next picketing outside of his house?

HOGINTENNESSEE

onebadrubi

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on March 02, 2015, 10:30:26 pm
Just think if he committed soon and it helped tip the scales on Portis staying all four years, to include the other great kids we'd have on campus. Final four lock...

Portis will not be staying that 4th year baring a catastrophe or worse.  Now you add in kapita, Thompson, and Kingsley.  That is salty

Thepigdoctor

Nobody knows if Portis is leaving after this year or staying to get his degree. I'm tired of everyone acting like they know. Truth is, none of us know.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on March 02, 2015, 10:59:32 pm
Nobody knows if Portis is leaving after this year or staying to get his degree. I'm tired of everyone acting like they know. Truth is, none of us know.

We weren't discussing this next year, sheesh, lay off the liquor bud. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: usf15cc on March 02, 2015, 10:33:50 pm
Well we can't say he's not doing all that he can to get him here.

What's next picketing outside of his house?

That's next week.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

usf15cc

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 03, 2015, 05:40:47 am
That's next week.
Well be sure to send me an invite!!!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Randy Johnson

Quote from: Lanny on March 03, 2015, 07:18:45 am
not

I would hope we wouldn't send the whole team to see him if he were not for sure coming here. If he doesn't come here that will come up if he ever plays against us and I would  hope I'm not the only one to think of that. I hope you are mistaken on this one. I hope he is a lock right now.

TNhawgfan

He's not a lock for anyone cause he's a junior. He has a year to make up / change his mind
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

HOGINTENNESSEE

The_Iceman

March 03, 2015, 08:29:37 am #23 Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 08:43:49 am by The_Iceman
While Monk is the prize, they were probably also there to get a look at Payton Willis.

yraciv

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on March 02, 2015, 10:59:32 pm

Noone can know for certain, but 90% of players who are projected Top 20 picks go.  Yeah I'm throwing out a random number, but the percentage is very high.

I challenge you to come up with someone that stayed until his JR season after Top 20 projections with a similar background to Portis.  The only one that is sticking out to me recently is John Henson.

chubrick

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: yraciv on March 03, 2015, 09:46:38 am
Noone can know for certain, but 90% of players who are projected Top 20 picks go.  Yeah I'm throwing out a random number, but the percentage is very high.

I challenge you to come up with someone that stayed until his JR season after Top 20 projections with a similar background to Portis.  The only one that is sticking out to me recently is John Henson.

Tim Duncan

latrops

Quote from: yraciv on March 03, 2015, 09:46:38 am

Cauley-Stein projected in the top 15 last year but chose to come back.  That is the exception to the rule, though.  Some players do stay for Jr/Sr seasons in spite of first round draft grades.  Most expect Portis to leave.  If he chooses to come back, Hog fans will be ecstatic.

swinesation

Quote from: Danny J on March 02, 2015, 09:00:52 pm
Some of the team, not all, were at a game of his earlier this year. What a huge recruit he could end up being for us. Beard in his 3rd year, Whitt in his 2nd and Monk? Could end up being one of the best backcourts we have ever had.

I agree - that would be an amazing trio. As good as the Triplets? Well, not likely, but they could be the closest we've ever come or will ever come to the Triplets.

MikePiazza

I don't think the entire team was there. I didn't see Alandise or Moses.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

WarPig88

Quote from: latrops on March 03, 2015, 10:36:34 am
Cauley-Stein projected in the top 15 last year but chose to come back.  That is the exception to the rule, though.  Some players do stay for Jr/Sr seasons in spite of first round draft grades.  Most expect Portis to leave.  If he chooses to come back, Hog fans will be ecstatic.

Marcus Smart

LRRandy

They did the same thing in November when Jimmy Whitt's team played Arkansas Baptist and Monks team played the St. Louis Chaminade team and their top recruit. Calipari and Hoiberg (sp?)
also attended those games.
This is fun, isn't it.

Nosboar Accubond

Got our work cut out for us... but we have a good shot too. I think it comes down to Arkansas and Kentucky. He has been quoted saying he watches every UK game. His fondness of Arkansas is clearly documented too though.

I think the next year will be interesting... hope he becomes a Hog.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

onebadrubi

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on March 03, 2015, 10:12:32 am
Tim Duncan

You realize you started this debate on the premis that Portis would not only return after this season, but the next season as well?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 03, 2015, 12:05:02 pm
You realize you started this debate on the premis that Portis would not only return after this season, but the next season as well?

Well and I wouldn't consider 1997 recent

The_Iceman

Actually, I think Bobby's career looks more like Greg Monroe. Both could have left after their first year, but were both NBA projects. After another year of development, both turned out to be NBA ready players after their 2nd year of college.

Monroe, 6'11" Center
FR: 12.7 ppg, 6.5 rebs, 2.5 asts, 1.8 stls, 1.5 blks
SO: 16.1 ppg, 9.6 rebs, 3.8 asts, 1.2 stls, 1.5 blks

Portis, 6'11" Power Forward
FR: 12.3 ppg, 6.8 rebs, 1.5 asts, 1.6 blks, 1.0 stls
SO: 17.5 ppg, 8.5 rebs, 1.0 asts, 1.5 blks, 1.0 stls

jusgtohogs

Glad to see that they're sending the message that landing Monk is important to them as a team.

intelligence

Quote from: MikePiazza on March 03, 2015, 10:59:20 am
I don't think the entire team was there. I didn't see Alandise or Moses.

Alandise is sitting by the blonde girl in the second row.

Moses is out of the picture, sitting to the right of qualls in the second row. you can just barely see his face.

yraciv

1highhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 02, 2015, 10:53:52 pm
Portis will not be staying that 4th year baring a catastrophe or worse.  Now you add in kapita, Thompson, and Kingsley.  That is salty

Even I, who seems to be one of the few who thinks its in Portis best interest to stay next year to improve, thinks it would be ludicrous for him staying on as a Senior.  But staying as a Junior, absolutely so.  It's not as much his game he can improve on, he'll do the in the NBA, but his draft stock from this year to next.  Portis waiting and coming out next year puts him no lower than top 5, serious money.  Coming out this year, I'm wondering if he makes it to around 14-15.

Pinkyhog