Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Year 4 29 Games in

Started by HawgWild, March 01, 2015, 04:33:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

A continuation from an earlier thread: Let's look at the first 29 games in year #4 for the last few coaches:

Eddie Sutton (77-78) 27-2
Nolan Richardson (88-89) 23-6
Stan Heath (05-06) 21-8
John Pelphrey (10-11) 18-11
Mike Anderson (14-15) 23-6

MAL3

Interesting that JP record is only 5 games worse than MA at this junction

Rawker

Quote from: MAL3 on March 01, 2015, 04:37:34 pm
That's amazing....ly dumb.  Pel's 4th year was a winning record, but clearly going no where, with the same losing conference record as the year before, and a winning record only from playing the kind of cup-cake schedule that freaked this board out during Mike's first few years.  Mike's first year was his only loser in conference, and it's progressively up since.  No comparison.  I'm sorry, I know Pel was briefly the Hog's coach....but he was total dork.

MAL3

Current team is .500 without Portis. He's worth 10 wins by himself. When he leaves, you'll see

lahawg1

Quote from: MAL3 on March 01, 2015, 06:01:28 pm
Current team is .500 without Portis. He's worth 10 wins by himself. When he leaves, you'll see
Can't argue that but who got him here?

arkansasrazorback

He will be leaving after next year and we'll have Monk and an awesome class coming in.  You'll see.

MAL3

I think he leaves this year without a doubt

Temprees

Picking up from Rawker's prior comment to you,  your comment is incredibly dumb.  Portis IS a member of this team, and even if he was not there, we would be better than a .500 team.  Take Okafor off of Duke and how many more losses would it cost them.

40MINSOFHELL

MAL3

Quote from: Temprees on March 01, 2015, 06:17:41 pm
Picking up from Rawker's prior comment to you,  your comment is incredibly dumb.  Portis IS a member of this team, and even if he was not there, we would be better than a .500 team.  Take Okafor off of Duke and how many more losses would it cost them.
Agree to disagree

Razorback_Mack

What's your point? We don't go to the final four without sidney, Corliss, Mayberry etc. They were all worth a lot of wins. Should we apologize for having a great player?

RussVegas Hawg

Never go full retard

MAL3

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on March 01, 2015, 06:24:47 pm
What's your point? We don't go to the final four without sidney, Corliss, Mayberry etc. They were all worth a lot of wins. Should we apologize for having a great player?
Never said anything about asking you to apologize

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: MAL3 on March 01, 2015, 06:35:36 pm
Never said anything about asking you to apologize
No, I asked you obviously.

MAL3

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on March 01, 2015, 06:24:47 pm
Nope. Just saying this team is 13-16 without Portis. Someone stated above the records of coaches in their 4th year. Was just making a comment of my opinion....which this board is full of.

Deeznutts

I think I've now seen the most idiotic post ever. I think I saw where there was a proforma record book in the NBA that excluded Jordan from the Bulls.

MAL3

Quote from: Deeznutts on March 01, 2015, 06:42:12 pm
I think I've now seen the most idiotic post ever. I think I saw where there was a proforma record book in the NBA that excluded Jordan from the Bulls.
Portis deserves more credit for record than coach.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: MAL3 on March 01, 2015, 06:39:47 pm
Nope. Just saying this team is 13-16 without Portis. Someone stated above the records of coaches in their 4th year. Was just making a comment of my opinion....which this board is full of.
We won 18 with a much more depleted roster Mike's first year. So, your opinion doesn't really hold a lot of wieght.

Additionally, 10 more losses would mean that we lose all of our road games and 4 more at home. Excuse me, but there's no way in hell that without Bobby we do that. That's my opinion

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: MAL3 on March 01, 2015, 06:43:46 pm

more ignorance from the team leader

MAL3

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on March 01, 2015, 06:44:15 pm
We won 18 with a much more depleted roster Mike's first year. So, your opinion doesn't really hold a lot of wieght.

Additionally, 10 more losses would mean that we lose all of our road games and 4 more at home. Excuse me, but there's no way in hell that without Bobby we do that. That's my opinion
Noted

Deeznutts

The collective IQ of this board just went below freezing. I expect to hear War Eagle soon. It's like we just lost to an intramural team from an all girls team and our board's collective RPI dropped 6,000 points. That is how stupid that post was.

Breems

That's quite a few.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

PonderinHog

Quote from: Breems on March 01, 2015, 07:10:18 pm
That's quite a few.
Meh, I can count that far on one hand...

regi

Quote from: HawgWild on March 01, 2015, 04:33:22 pm
A continuation from an earlier thread: Let's look at the first 29 games in year #4 for the last few coaches:

Eddie Sutton (77-78) 27-2
Nolan Richardson (88-89) 23-6
Stan Heath (05-06) 21-8
John Pelphrey (10-11) 18-11
Mike Anderson (14-15) 23-6

About what one would expect

Breems

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 01, 2015, 07:11:36 pm
Meh, I can count that far on one hand...

Listenin, PonderinHog. 5 games is like a lot. Imagine if this team had lost 5 more games, ok? How would you feel about that, huh?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Oklahawg

Mal3, I suspect you can make a point without being so obvious in your poking. It is a good season, and we just got hammered by an elite team. No need to go off the reservation because you have an opportunity to belabor a point.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hollywood_HOGan45

Take the best player off of any team outside uk and see what happens.

This is the best team on paper since 1995. Some ppl still cannot deal with it.

regi

So that is more interesting, than the fact Nolan and MA have the same record? Really?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Breems on March 01, 2015, 07:12:49 pm
Listenin, PonderinHog. 5 games is like a lot. Imagine if this team had lost 5 more games, ok? How would you feel about that, huh?
Well, Breems, I'd feel turrible.  Wouldn't you?  Off topic but doesn't this MALfeasance3 character remind you of a former poster/Mike hater?  It's been a while and I can't remember his former name.  He just sounds awful familiar...

MAL3

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 01, 2015, 07:13:50 pm
Mal3, I suspect you can make a point without being so obvious in your poking. It is a good season, and we just got hammered by an elite team. No need to go off the reservation because you have an opportunity to belabor a point.
Just making an observation that 99% of fans think JP can't coach a lick yet MA has a five game better record at this point and he's a great coach. Just am glad to find out what an extra 5 wins is worth ;)

MAL3

And I don't mind all the name calling. It seems to be the only thing posters do on here when they can't find a written reason to disagree, but other than one person, state why I am incorrect besides calling me names?

Hollywood_HOGan45

If pel was anywhere close to Anderson's level he'd be a head coach somewhere.

He's been Billy's butt buddy ever since we got rid of him.

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on March 01, 2015, 07:26:49 pm
If pel was anywhere close to Anderson's level he'd be a head coach somewhere.

He's been Billy's butt buddy ever since we got rid of him.

Exactly right

hawgwild child

I got dumber reading this thread

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on March 01, 2015, 07:29:12 pm
Exactly right

Stan Heath is also not a head coach now.

Two very bad hires murdered the basketball program and it looks like we are just now recovering.

Hog Fan from Camden

March 01, 2015, 07:39:35 pm #35 Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 09:03:39 pm by Hog Fan from Camden
Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on March 01, 2015, 06:33:14 pm
Never go full retard
It's hard for someone to not go full retard when they are retarded!

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: MAL3 on March 01, 2015, 07:24:49 pm
And I don't mind all the name calling. It seems to be the only thing posters do on here when they can't find a written reason to disagree, but other than one person, state why I am incorrect besides calling me names?

Anderson is far and away the better HC and the records prove it.

regi

Quote from: MAL3 on March 01, 2015, 07:22:12 pm
Just making an observation that 99% of fans think JP can't coach a lick yet MA has a five game better record at this point and he's a great coach. Just am glad to find out what an extra 5 wins is worth ;)

Pel: 149-126 (.542) over all 25-39 in SEC games at UofA 3 losing conference records in 4 years

MA: 282-142 (.665) 38-29 in SEC games only one losing conference record in 4 years,

Really not close.

GlassofSwine

Dumb. 5 wins in one season. Pelphrey was 69-57 through a 126 games. Mike Anderson is 82-44. Over 3 games a year better. Also, never-mind the fact that Pelphrey only had 1 winning season in conference play in 4 years or that Pelphrey is responsible for the worst home record in a season since Bud Walton was built and the worst conference record since 1970 and the 2nd worst in the program's history.

RussVegas Hawg

Pels best season was with Heaths players as well

ThundrHawg

JP can't coach a lick

While that is technically an opinion and not a fact, it is supported by a LOT of evidence.

Just sayin'

King

I'll play along.

Best record since '95.  Best players since then?

Joe Johnson
Janerro Pargo
Ronnie Brewer
Patrick Beverley

So why were they not as good?

HiggiePiggy

In that case, no coach should deserve credit because all the players are the ones that do the scoring.  I mean a coach only has them practice and recruits them so it's not like he does anything special.   So I guess every coach in America isn't deserving of their record. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

greasy_corner

Quote from: King on March 01, 2015, 08:20:52 pm
I'll play along.

Best record since '95.  Best players since then?

Joe Johnson
Janerro Pargo
Ronnie Brewer
Patrick Beverley

So why were they not as good?

Awesome.  Thanks. 

mel probably cheered against Coach Richardson when he was was head Hog too.

Oklahawg

Quote from: regi on March 01, 2015, 07:51:50 pm
Pel: 149-126 (.542) over all 25-39 in SEC games at UofA 3 losing conference records in 4 years

MA: 282-142 (.665) 38-29 in SEC games only one losing conference record in 4 years,

Really not close.

Thanks. MAL3 is doing a fine job of manipulating stats to make a point.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

MAL3

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 01, 2015, 10:14:38 pm
Thanks. MAL3 is doing a fine job of manipulating stats to make a point.
Not manipulating anything. Just asked questions.

Tusks

holy crap......MA has almost DOUBLE the overall win total.  How is that NOT close?

does AR win the NC w/out Corliss........again.......not even close.

Somebody take his keyboard away before he injures himself.

Quote from: regi on March 01, 2015, 07:51:50 pm

Really not close.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Gabrielhog

Pelphrey sets us back years.  I get the impression he couldn't run a lemonade stand much less a major college basketball program.   

Gabrielhog

Quote from: MAL3 on March 01, 2015, 07:24:49 pm
No one is calling you names, they are trying to enlighten you.

Bacon_Bitz

You would think such obvious trolling wouldn't get so many ardent reaponses. Y'all made it to easy for Mal3