Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU game

Started by Hambone Hog, March 01, 2015, 02:39:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hambone Hog

Although the USCe game coming up will be a challenge in itself, does the final game vs LSU worry anyone? They seem to be on a little hot streak winning 4 of the last 5. Would a loss to them hurt us that much at the end of the season? I think this past loss will get the team motivated to play at a high level going into the SECT and NCAAT  :razorback:

arkansasrazorback

It doesn't concern me.  Home game on a Saturday that is already sold out.  Should be a rocking atmosphere.

PORKULATOR

Fans should be at their best Saturday. I'm pumped.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Danny J

LSU doesn't scare me like aTm did. They are going to have issues with our press and our half court D.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Worry? We are in the tourney I'm not worried.

LSU has good players and need a win against us to get in the tourney. So They could win. I don't expect it but they could.

hawgfan4life

We play well we likely win.  We play like we did yesterday, maybe we win because we are at home.  LSU will be a tough challenge for us.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Danny J on March 01, 2015, 03:29:00 pm
LSU doesn't scare me like aTm did. They are going to have issues with our press and our half court D.

Mickey and Martin are a tougher match up than Danuel House/Jalen Jones.

LSU is a difficult team to figure out.  They played Kentucky tougher than we did yesterday, but LSU basically got controlled by MSU for the entire game when LSU played at Starkville.

razorhogfanatic

My only worry is that it will be a quick turnaround from Thursday's game.

urkillnmesmalls

They just can't let Mickey's presence change our game.  He's going to get his blocks, but we need to do what KY did...crash the boards on offense and make them pay for him guarding the rim.  I say go right at him and try to get some quick fouls.  If it was a road game, I would be VERY worried, but at BWA, I think we would have to have a really substandard game to lose to them.  That's provided we play like we were going into the KY game. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 01, 2015, 04:35:24 pm

LSU is a difficult team to figure out.  They played Kentucky tougher than we did yesterday, but LSU basically got controlled by MSU for the entire game when LSU played at Starkville.
You can't take anything away from a Kentucky game unless it is against a ranked team or high profile team.  That is when they are at there best.  But LSU should be much better than their record.  I think it's coaching.

PonderinHog

Quote from: razorhogfanatic on March 01, 2015, 04:48:35 pm
We had better get used to that.

Thepigdoctor

I'm worried in general how we rebound from the UK game.

Danny J

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on March 01, 2015, 04:35:24 pm

Neither of those guys scare me......good guard play scares me. When we can't turn people over....it scares me. I am not worried about LSU.

Danny J

Quote from: razorhogfanatic on March 01, 2015, 04:48:35 pm
Agree 100%....quickest turnaround all season.

root_hawg

We are worried about 5-11 in the SEC South Carolina ... really???

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: root_hawg on March 01, 2015, 08:04:43 pm
We are worried about 5-11 in the SEC South Carolina ... really???

They beat Iowa State at home. So there is some concern

PonderinHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 01, 2015, 08:19:05 pm
They beat Iowa State at home. So there is some concern
Neutral court, actually.

PORKULATOR

Keep a body on Mickey and make his rebounds over the back fouls.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Hoggish1

Let's take first scares first... Talk to me about Saturday on Friday.

HF#1

LSU is so inconsistent, we could beat them by 20 or they could beat us by 15.  I like our chances if we shoot it well.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: PORKULATOR on March 01, 2015, 08:26:02 pm
Keep a body on Mickey and make his rebounds over the back fouls.

Oh, to see a Hog team do that consistently. 'Twould be nice..
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

ListenHereMister

Usc e goes 7 deep now and Lsu goes 8 deep?