Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One thing that has stuck out for me all season.

Started by luke hawg, March 01, 2015, 09:43:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

luke hawg

Our ability to turn turnovers and fast breaks off long rebounds into points. We struggle in this area compared to previous great Razorback teams.

Dr. Starcs

Not trying to be a jerk, but If it has concerned you all year, why did you wait till today to post it?

luke hawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 01, 2015, 12:15:47 pm
Not trying to be a jerk, but If it has concerned you all year, why did you wait till today to post it?

Our inability to defend early in the season and lack of a true point guard seemed to be larger problems. We have improved our defense and Beard has been a great addition. I think the missing link to making us elite is capitalizing on fast break opportunities. In a lot of instances our break results in points for the other team. We are often controlling the tempo but not capitalizing on the scoreboard.

luke hawg

I think it will get better hopefully by seasons end. Mike has really developed this team. It's just an area that I feel we can really improve on. We don't always make good decisions on the break.

JenksHawg

Good point, totally agree - I'm usually more worried we're going to turn the ball over on a fast break than score a basket.  Very few breakaway layups or dunks.