Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My take, FWIW

Started by tannerstahl, March 01, 2015, 09:24:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tannerstahl

Unfortunately I like many of you have good friends that are Kentucky fans, and naturally they have been giving me grief on facebook. This was my one and only response to them:

Everyone knew the Hogs were gonna get stomped. Reason being is because Arkansas, unlike any other team in the SEC, has Kentucky's attention and respect. Arkansas is the only program in this conference that could ever have a 3 game winning streak and win 4 of 5 against Kentucky. Maybe Florida could but I doubt it. There's no question that UK should go undefeated and win it all this season. If they don't then Calipari is nothing more than a jr high coach. Everyone tagged in this post could "lead" this Kentucky squad to a national championship.

If you got beat like this,

http://youtu.be/TRcrpc59m-8  and this

http://youtu.be/CbCRc3hnum8 wouldn't you come prepared to stomp their faces in?? ...I would...say what you will, but Arkansas has Kentucky's respect and that hurts the pride of a Kentucky fan more than anything. GO HOGS! 🐗🐗🐗
i love the hogs....so very very much

jgphillips3

We are the only program in the conference Kentucky fans as a whole regard as a true rival.  No one has our history in the SEC.  Only Kentucky exceeds us.  Florida and Tennessee have some recent success but not history and tradition.  UK fans that I know respect our program and give us a good natured ribbing as an equal not like the pity they show other programs.  Most of them know steel sharpens steel and us being good does nothing but force them to be better.

770john111

Exactly! !! I love the hogs but they had it coming because we beat them the last three.when I make a bet I always consider who won the last meeting and these guys marked this day last year and probably why most of them came back. That said we will play them one more time for sure and maybe twice on neutral court.if my punctuation is bad it's because I went to school in Phillips county arkansas

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: tannerstahl on March 01, 2015, 09:24:10 am
Unfortunately I like many of you have good friends that are Kentucky fans, and naturally they have been giving me grief on facebook. This was my one and only response to them:

Everyone knew the Hogs were gonna get stomped. Reason being is because Arkansas, unlike any other team in the SEC, has Kentucky's attention and respect. Arkansas is the only program in this conference that could ever have a 3 game winning streak and win 4 of 5 against Kentucky. Maybe Florida could but I doubt it. There's no question that UK should go undefeated and win it all this season. If they don't then Calipari is nothing more than a jr high coach. Everyone tagged in this post could "lead" this Kentucky squad to a national championship.

http://youtu.be/CbCRc3hnum8 wouldn't you come prepared to stomp their faces in?? ...I would...say what you will, but Arkansas has Kentucky's respect and that hurts the pride of a Kentucky fan more than anything. GO HOGS! 🐗🐗🐗

Some of you guys worry way too much about what your friends think.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

LR_Matt

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 01, 2015, 09:41:27 am
We are the only program in the conference Kentucky fans as a whole regard as a true rival.  No one has our history in the SEC.
Incorrect.... Sorry. I know you want to believe that but it's not true. My dad's family in KY gets up way more for Tenn, Florida and Louisville (I know not in the SEC). Arkansas only recently came onto UK's radar after being best three times in a row.

hoghiker

Quote from: LR_Matt on March 01, 2015, 12:01:12 pm
Incorrect.... Sorry. I know you want to believe that but it's not true. My dad's family in KY gets up way more for Tenn, Florida and Louisville (I know not in the SEC). Arkansas only recently came onto UK's radar after being best three times in a row.
Your personal experience is an exception then. If you believe Arkansas has registered on the UK radar only in the last three years  you and your family's radar needs to be tuned up.

snortman

Quote from: hoghiker on March 01, 2015, 12:12:20 pm
Your personal experience is an exception then. If you believe Arkansas has registered on the UK radar only in the last three years  you and your family's radar needs to be tuned up.

After that beat down we took yesterday we go back to being just another opponent. Florida by far is there arch nemesis, since there success over the last 10 years far and away exceeds Arkansas.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: snortman on March 01, 2015, 12:30:19 pm
After that beat down we took yesterday we go back to being just another opponent. Florida by far is there arch nemesis, since there success over the last 10 years far and away exceeds Arkansas.
Also Donovan' s connection to pitino make them a rival. Imagine if mizzou had been in the SEC when mike was coaching there
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Rawker

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 01, 2015, 09:41:27 am
We are the only program in the conference Kentucky fans as a whole regard as a true rival.  No one has our history in the SEC.  Only Kentucky exceeds us.  Florida and Tennessee have some recent success but not history and tradition.  UK fans that I know respect our program and give us a good natured ribbing as an equal not like the pity they show other programs.  Most of them know steel sharpens steel and us being good does nothing but force them to be better.

The funny thing is, and what many Arkansans don't seem to realize, is that in 1976 - which is like 1000 years (okay more like 60+) AFTER programs like Kentucky and Kansas and Indiana had already had LOADS of established basketball success - Arkansas was STILL basically the program equivalent of like Troy.  Sutton, Brewer, Delph, and Moncrief came, and the rest is history.  In a VERY short time from 77-97 (which by the way is about the same amount of time since our last big splash in the tournament) Arkansas made hay and made it to where everyone in the state thinks that the program has always been like that, and was always supposed to be like that.  With the supreme focus on football, it's almost sheer luck that things happened the way they did, and we were treated to such great years.  Yes, I think we're going back there (maybe not an NC, but we will perenially strike fear in teams as long as CMA is here), but I just want to remind everyone that while the Hogs are the most decorated team in the SEC not named KY, the concept of basketball greatness is historically new.   

tannerstahl

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on March 01, 2015, 11:47:24 am
Some of you guys worry way too much about what your friends think.

You're right I do care about what my good friends think, that's why they're called...FRIENDS!
i love the hogs....so very very much

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: tannerstahl on March 01, 2015, 03:13:48 pm
You're right I do care about what my good friends think, that's why they're called...FRIENDS!

I mean what they think about Arkansas basketball.  I couldn't care less what fans of other teams think about my favorite team, even my friends.  I guess I just think smack talk is stupid both ways.  I don't do it and I don't tolerate people that do it very well.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Chic-Hog-Oh

How old are you?

MountieDawg

Quote from: tannerstahl on March 01, 2015, 09:24:10 am

Coach K is not undefeated with 9 McDonald all Americans... Can he coach JR high
SEC!

HSVhogfan2

We're you alive in the early to mid 90s?
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

GatorHog

Tell your friends football season is just around the corner

Gabrielhog

Quote from: snortman on March 01, 2015, 12:30:19 pm
Wrong, Florida fans do not care about basketball the way Razorback fans do.  Success without passionate fans will not make a rivalry.