Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bring on March Madness!! I loved the effort today.

Started by Cooper2, February 28, 2015, 07:42:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooper2

Could have lost by thirty, but our guys played with great effort and kept it respectable. I love our team and can't wait for March Madness.

Hollywood_HOGan45

This next game is so big. We have to keep the wins coming.

devildog

Agree, I think the Hog team competed hard and played OK. Some lazy passes that just didn't work against Kuntuckys quickness and overplayed man to man.

010HogFan

I wasn't disappointed in our effort at all. That was a big time atmosphere, think we came out a little jittery...tried too hard...made a few early mistakes and just never could recover. Some 3's in the first half could have changed the game.

Cooper2

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on February 28, 2015, 08:05:49 pm
This next game is so big. We have to keep the wins coming.
Yea, It would be a bummer to drop the game at South Carolina, but I don't think we will have a let down. Coach Anderson will keep them focused and I expect us to take care of business the last two regular season games. 

HawgTrough

Didn't play our best but never gave up. Everything is fine. See ya in Nashville big blue
WPS

nationwish

Quote from: 010HogFan on February 28, 2015, 08:23:29 pm
I wasn't disappointed in our effort at all. That was a big time atmosphere, think we came out a little jittery...tried too hard...made a few early mistakes and just never could recover. Some 3's in the first half could have changed the game.

I've been looking for more people to say this. It was clear to me that the biggest problem for Arkansas today was exactly that they were trying too hard. They played like they thought they had to be perfect, and that pressure clearly bothered them. Just look at how many passes they threw to no one. It probably also was a big part of the struggle hitting shots, especially early in the game. Get the team to relax the next time they play, and it is a totally different game. Yes, Kentucky had more talent, but the gap isn't so insurmountable as people on here are saying.

010HogFan

Quote from: nationwish on February 28, 2015, 09:53:28 pm
I've been looking for more people to say this. It was clear to me that the biggest problem for Arkansas today was exactly that they were trying too hard. They played like they thought they had to be perfect, and that pressure clearly bothered them. Just look at how many passes they threw to no one. It probably also was a big part of the struggle hitting shots, especially early in the game. Get the team to relax the next time they play, and it is a totally different game. Yes, Kentucky had more talent, but the gap isn't so insurmountable as people on here are saying.

I haven't seen us look that jacked up on the court all season. I was pumped just sitting there watching the game, I can only imagine how the guys out there felt. Kentucky had poise and we didn't. Biggest difference in the game along with bench scoring.

WPS501

I think our guys got the jitters out in the first half.  An SECt rematch would be very interesting.

scruf

Kentucky beat Arkansas by 22 in the SEC Tournament in 1994. The Razorbacks didn't lose another game that season.

Hogfaniam

Qualls played like someone talked bad about his daddy.  He had the effewe look and demeanor, especially in the second half.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

LAHog124

Quote from: Hogfaniam on March 01, 2015, 03:10:34 am
Qualls played like someone talked bad about his daddy.  He had the effewe look and demeanor, especially in the second half.

I was beyond happy to see Qualls finally get back in his groove, he's had some rough games in SEC play this year, but it was good to see him knock down jump shots and go and get some tough rebounds.
"If there's one thing I hate it's losing. If there's two things I hate it it's losing and getting cancer." -Kenny Powers

TNhawgfan

Quote from: WPS501 on February 28, 2015, 11:12:23 pm
I think our guys got the jitters out in the first half.  An SECt rematch would be very interesting.
It's hard to agree we got the jitters out after the first half when in the second half the lead ballooned from 16 to 31
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

lefty08

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 01, 2015, 08:12:50 am
It's hard to agree we got the jitters out after the first half when in the second half the lead ballooned from 16 to 31

Especially when we were outscored by 1 point
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

TNhawgfan

Quote from: lefty08 on March 01, 2015, 08:26:24 am
Especially when we were outscored by 1 point
So shouldn't the argument be we finally got the jitters out when we got down by so much there was no way we could come back
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

incHOGnito

If we attack the glass on the defensive end like they did yesterday the rest of the season, this team will be very tough to beat. Qualls and Portis really went after rebounds. It was apparent how bad they wanted it. We hit just one of the 6 threes we missed in the first 5 minutes and I think things look a lot different. That Harris three when we cut it to 14-8 was such a poor decision. A bucket there would have been huge. We would have weathered the first onslaught and gained a lot of confidence.

GuvHog

Quote from: Cooper2 on February 28, 2015, 07:42:50 pm
  Could have lost by thirty, but our guys played with great effort and kept it respectable. I love our team and can't wait for March Madness.

I agree, the team gave a good effort. I stated earlier this week: "When Kentucky is on, no other team will beat them". They were on today and the Hogs just ran into a buzz saw. Those things happen. Now it's time to forget about the UK game and get ready for South Carolina. The Hogs can clinch the #2 seed in the SEC Tournament with a win over the Gamecocks.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

lefty08

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 01, 2015, 08:34:31 am
So shouldn't the argument be we finally got the jitters out when we got down by so much there was no way we could come back

Sorry you didn't get the sarcasm.......relax
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

LR_Matt

Great effort but I think us not losing by 30 May have had more to do with them coasting the last 7 min.

Cooper2

Quote from: LR_Matt on March 01, 2015, 10:44:55 am
Great effort but I think us not losing by 30 May have had more to do with them coasting the last 7 min.
I don't think so. Our guys battled their asses off.

lefty08

Quote from: LR_Matt on March 01, 2015, 10:44:55 am

You don't coast in basketball by keeping starters on the floor. Make no mistake, they wanted to beat us badly and would have scored 200 if they could have

blacky211

The razorbacks didn't shoot the ball well yesterday, guess Kentucky had a lot to do with that. the two worst losses we had this year was Iowa St. by (18) 95 to 77 and Kentucky by (17) 84 to 67. So which is the better team? Iowa state because they beat us by 18. Those hogs was shell shock yesterday. We will be back we just can't expect to just show up and beat the best team in the country. Go Hogs  :razorback:

010HogFan

Quote from: blacky211 on March 01, 2015, 04:27:25 pm
The razorbacks didn't shoot the ball well yesterday, guess Kentucky had a lot to do with that. the two worst losses we had this year was Iowa St. by (18) 95 to 77 and Kentucky by (17) 84 to 67. So which is the better team? Iowa state because they beat us by 18. Those hogs was shell shock yesterday. We will be back we just can't expect to just show up and beat the best team in the country. Go Hogs  :razorback:

Iowa State is not better than Kentucky.