Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wouldn't want to be a Gamecock Thursday - just sayin...

Started by Bogghawg, February 28, 2015, 06:26:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogghawg

Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

PonderinHog

TNhawgfan

That game is huge! There is a log jam of teams with 6 losses and I don't want to join them by losing the next two
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

LRSmitty79

Quote from: Bogghawg on February 28, 2015, 06:26:27 pm
nm

You act like this is one of Nolan's old teams.  We are improved this year yes, but this team is still weak and plays down to their competition all the time.  We are just as likely to have another meltdown as we are to win. 

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

HognitiveDissonance

I think this will be a tough game. I will take a one-point win in a heartbeat.
It's hard to bounce back after playing UK. That can do nothing but take a little bounce out of your step. It's got to hurt your confidence quite a bit.

HogBreath

Quote from: LRSmitty79 on February 28, 2015, 08:30:53 pm
You act like this is one of Nolan's old teams.  We are improved this year yes, but this team is still weak and plays down to their competition all the time.  We are just as likely to have another meltdown as we are to win. 
The team's won/loss record says you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

MAL3

Quote from: LRSmitty79 on February 28, 2015, 08:30:53 pm
Correct assessment!

HotlantaHog

HotlantaHog

South Carolina is a decent team that is probably underrated. We all know how SEC officiating is on the road and Frank Martin is a very good coach. All in all, I expect this game to be a real fight ...

We all know the team is probably pretty disappointed over the UK loss.. you have to hope there is no hangover to the next game ... it is probably a good thing the game is not early in the week.

HamIAm

Looking at records we should win, but strange things happen on the road.

Last year Kentucky was 11-3 in conference before losing at home to Arkansas. Their next game was on the road to a 3-12 USC team.  USC won by 5 points.

This year an 11-3 Arkansas team lost on the road to Kentucky and goes on the road to take on a 5-11 USC team.

We should win, but don't bet the house on it.

The_Iceman

Piggage

Last year at this time, I wouldn't have wanted to be a Crimson Tide (or whatever they call themselves individually), but then the game started.

Best case scenario: This Hog team is not last year's. We play solid on the road, relish the opportunity to play a team that doesn't have a huge height advantage over us, and wear them out with our depth.

Worst case scenario is these are two teams that continue to go in opposite directions. SC is a decent team finally playing like they're capable of against SEC competition. Arkansas has been outscored by 40 points over the last three halves and has shot a low % from the field. SC comes out on senior night ready to make this game their "bowl game" since they're not in the tournament discussion. Frank Martin goes all Marine drill sergeant, and the more aggressive team gets all the calls at home.   

All I know is the team I wouldn't want to be this week is the GA Bulldogs.

HawgTrough

I absolutely hate the quick turnaround to play LSU early Saturday. We've got to beat SC.
WPS

Danny J

Quote from: HawgTrough on March 02, 2015, 10:29:04 am
I absolutely hate the quick turnaround to play LSU early Saturday. We've got to beat SC.
Yeah...going to be tough.

I hope we are rested and focused against USCe.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HamIAm on March 02, 2015, 09:56:59 am
Looking at records we should win, but strange things happen on the road.

Last year Kentucky was 11-3 in conference before losing at home to Arkansas. Their next game was on the road to a 3-12 USC team.  USC won by 5 points.

This year an 11-3 Arkansas team lost on the road to Kentucky and goes on the road to take on a 5-11 USC team.

We should win, but don't bet the house on it.

Im banking on Martin suspending another player or two by thursday.

HawgTrough

Quote from: Danny J on March 02, 2015, 10:39:30 am
Yeah...going to be tough.

I hope we are rested and focused against USCe.

We should be. Time to let everything settle from that beatdown @ Rupp.
WPS

3kgthog

We get a nice little rest before this one. That has me confident. Feed Bobby early and often, let him dominate, and keep doing what we've been doing.

Mick Hogger

They've got this. I have a feeling they are going to come out with something to prove on this one and take care of business.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

phadedhawg

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit concerned for how we bounce back.  We need these last two games.

Hoggish1

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on March 02, 2015, 12:23:20 am
I think this will be a tough game. I will take a one-point win in a heartbeat.
It's hard to bounce back after playing UK. That can do nothing but take a little bounce out of your step. It's got to hurt your confidence quite a bit.

This is true, but it will have been four days removed.  I think the KY game gave our team a whole new attitude.  Let's see if they can put the hammer down, like they should.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: MAL3 on March 02, 2015, 07:58:10 am
Correct assessment!
23-6 says otherwise.  USC-e goes about 7 deep.  I think this one will be over by halftime.

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

bigred223

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: phadedhawg on March 03, 2015, 03:19:13 pm
Not gonna lie, I'm a bit concerned for how we bounce back.  We need these last two games.

We need it. It is very important that we finish with 7 losses

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 03, 2015, 03:25:06 pm
This is true, but it will have been four days removed.  I think the KY game gave our team a whole new attitude.  Let's see if they can put the hammer down, like they should.
I didn't even realize the game was Thursday when I wrote that. I agree, that does change things. If it were Tuesday I was worried about quick turnaround. Now I think we pull it out.

hoghiker

Quote from: pfrg999 on March 03, 2015, 06:35:33 pm
I have nothing to add here ;)

Absolutely love this young lady's attitude. Bright smile, upbeat, clear sense of direction. I'd hire her in a minute.

jcam61

I'm extremely confident we are going to come out firing.   That UK game will do nothing but motivate us to play better.  I hope.  That being said playing any game on the road is always ....iffy.  Maybe not so much this year but you never know how the refs will call the game and what we will do to counter it.  I say we win by 10.

popcornhog

It'll be a tough road game against a team that's better than their record indicates.

But we should win and clinch the 2 spot.
WPS