Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We played timid and rushed our shots

Started by beachhog, February 28, 2015, 06:02:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beachhog

but we never gave up.  I look forward to meeting them in the SEC final, if they make it. Ha Ha

One thing , I wish Harris would have shoved the UK player  who stood over him after Stein blocked his shot.  Also, Harris should have got in Stein's face after Stein stared him down for about 20 seconds.
We need a Corey Beck or Roosevelt Wallace on the team who doesn't play scared.

WPS!

ricepig

Quote from: beachhog on February 28, 2015, 06:02:32 pm
but we never gave up.  I look forward to meeting them in the SEC final, if they make it. Ha Ha

One thing , I wish Harris would have shoved the UK player  who stood over him after Stein blocked his shot.  Also, Harris should have got in Stein's face after Stein stared him down for about 20 seconds.
We need a Corey Beck or Roosevelt Wallace on the team who doesn't play scared.

WPS!

Yeah, Harris would have looked him right in the Adams apple

Iwastherein1969

yes we did, at the beginning....one thing about it...they won't be subjected to anything close to resembling what they saw for the first 5 minutes of both halves in today's game the rest of the year...and quite likely the rest of their careers
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: ricepig on February 28, 2015, 06:04:19 pm
Yeah, Harris would have looked him right in the Adams apple
this game was a carbon copy of the UNLV game when Larry Johnson told Nolan after he hit a three in front of the UA bench, "coach, you need to find you some men."  and Nolan did, in the form of the BIG NASTY

beachhog

Didn't stop Beck from gettin in the face of Rodrick Rhodes that time we beat them at Rupp. 

Boarcephus

I don't think we played timid, UK is just that good on defense not to allow open shots.  Like Calipari said at the end of the game, when you can block shots you can expand your defense and that's what they did.  Did you see that stat they put up when they showed the shooting percentages teams shot against them?  They have stuffed some darn good teams. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

passinghog

Needed to use the shot fake on the perimeter in the first half. Used it  the second half and we got some open looks after the defender flew by.

The real Hogules

Rushed our shots I'll give you that one in the first half, but we were NEVER timid, nor were we intimidated by yUK.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

beachhog

We did play timid that's why we rushed our shots and allowed them to run over us in the first half.  Portis and Qualls finished strong and the team never gave up.  I was just hoping we would punch them back harder.  Just my opinion.

The Boar War

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on February 28, 2015, 06:06:38 pm
this game was a carbon copy of the UNLV game when Larry Johnson told Nolan after he hit a three in front of the UA bench, "coach, you need to find you some men."  and Nolan did, in the form of the BIG NASTY

So glad Larry told Nolan that.  I mean he probably wouldn't have even bothered recruiting Corliss otherwise. 

Do people honestly believe that a HOF coach didn't already know this?

LRHog234

It's not that they didn't allow any open shots as much as we missed all the opportunities we did have early on, forcing us to take ones that were less than ideal.

jimmur74

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on February 28, 2015, 06:06:38 pm

No it wasnt. We led unlv at halftime.  Maybe the 2nd half was

Rocket23

Also understand, KY is big!  There is only one NBA bigger than Ky, and that is Portland. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: jimmur74 on March 01, 2015, 09:22:03 am
No it wasnt. We led unlv at halftime.  Maybe the 2nd half was
okay, the game line may not have been EXACTLY as the UNLV game...but the greater point is, just like UNLV, that we simply go beat by a bigger, better, more talented team.....now if you care more about the minutia of the argument, thats your problem and discuss that with someone else

LR_Matt

Hah, we had to rush shots or they got swatted into the 3rd row.

Hoggish1

We shot poorly, yes.  But the worse part of the game was the weak, timid, hesitant, slow, errant passing.  We turned ourselves over in the first 20 minutes.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 28, 2015, 06:09:56 pm
I don't think we played timid, UK is just that good on defense not to allow open shots.  Like Calipari said at the end of the game, when you can block shots you can expand your defense and that's what they did.  Did you see that stat they put up when they showed the shooting percentages teams shot against them?  They have stuffed some darn good teams. 

And we had the 2nd best shooting %age against them.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Showtimehog on February 28, 2015, 06:11:46 pm
Needed to use the shot fake on the perimeter in the first half. Used it  the second half and we got some open looks after the defender flew by.

Exactly!