Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We gotta get us some men.....

Started by Hogfan1660, February 28, 2015, 04:21:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 01, 2015, 01:24:07 pm
No matter what we say Larry Johnson was right. You see what happened after we went and got some big men.  Robinson, Wilson, Stewart, Williamson= championship!
I'm not sure anyone debates how correct or incorrect Grandmama was with his statement. For many of us, it's become the most cringeworthy line on Jump Ball.

(notOM)Rebel123

No matter what we say Larry Johnson was right. You see what happened after we went and got some big men.  Robinson, Wilson, Stewart, Williamson= championship!

UNLV won the title & lost in the finals the following year. Same for Nolan's Hogs.
It's interesting to see the comparison of the two programs after Tark was fired & Nolan left.

As for the WGGUSM, well, it's grown old.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Atlhogfan1

Doesn't matter.  You are supposed to be an ass to other posters because they mentioned it.  Keep up with the JB m.o.

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 01, 2015, 01:30:05 pm
UNLV won the title & lost in the finals the following year. Same for Nolan's Hogs.
It's interesting to see the comparison of the two programs after Tark was fired & Nolan left.

As for the WGGUSM, well, it's grown old.
Oh it's definitely beyond old, you're right about that. And I guess it's a bigger misconception than I realized, but UNLV did not lose in the finals the next season. They lost in the final 4 to Duke, who then went on to beat the Fab 5. UNLV pretty much disappeared after that.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BBsTheMan on March 01, 2015, 01:45:34 pm
Oh it's definitely beyond old, you're right about that. And I guess it's a bigger misconception than I realized, but UNLV did not lose in the finals the next season. They lost in the final 4 to Duke, who then went on to beat the Fab 5. UNLV pretty much disappeared after that.
That's right, they did lose to Duke in the semi's, didn't they? My mistake.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: BBsTheMan on March 01, 2015, 01:45:34 pm

The Grandmama quote was humorous, but the truth is...that team was unbeatable when they got the tempo going and the guards were burying threes.  That opened up the inside.  When they weren't hitting and the tempo slowed down even a little...they were absolutely beatable, as we saw. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 01, 2015, 01:41:32 pm
Doesn't matter.  You are supposed to be an ass to other posters because they mentioned it.  Keep up with the JB m.o.

Oh, my bad.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

PonderinHog

Fortunately for Grandmama, Todd Day's punch didn't land.  Try saying that with a straight face.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 01, 2015, 08:44:49 pm
Fortunately for Grandmama, Todd Day's punch didn't land.  Try saying that with a straight face.

Ha! Fortunately....for Todd, that is.

HF#1

I hate when people bring this up over and over again.  We out physical just about every team we play but yet we need men because the best team in the country with 3 7ft All Americans beat our ass.  Makes no sense. 

Put it behind us and move on.  Good news is that our next game isn't until Thursday.  Plenty of time to regroup and circle the wagons.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

FreshHog

Quote from: Danny J on February 28, 2015, 05:11:31 pm
You think we can ever recruit 9 McDAA's on one team? Nobody has ever come close to that except UK.

Duke has 9 as well I believe.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: FreshHog on March 01, 2015, 09:01:03 pm
If I counted right, they have 5 on their roster. Nice shot in the dark, though.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: BBsTheMan on March 01, 2015, 09:33:42 pm
If I counted right, they have 5 on their roster. Nice shot in the dark, though.
Quote from: FreshHog on March 01, 2015, 09:01:03 pm

Duke has 8 McD AA after Sulaimon was dismissed.  He had made it 9. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: Danny J on February 28, 2015, 05:11:31 pm
You think we can ever recruit 9 McDAA's on one team? Nobody has ever come close to that except UK.

So, how does that happen? I'm sure against the one and done but only one school is so brazen with its use!

To add insult to injury, they get to foul all they want.

Pinkyhog

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on February 28, 2015, 04:21:45 pm
We look like a high school team against these guys! Portis and Kingsley even look small against them.
We have us some men, hun! SMH!

thirrdegreetusker

The funny thing about that old quote from Larry Johnson. What he was talking about, had nothing to do with size. Reference Patrick Beverly v LeBron.